The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #26
davepl

Re: Most Expensive 67-72 Ever

Nice truck! I don't know if the price is crazy or not. You could likely build it for that, or approximately close.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #27
StingRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
If you are paying somebody to do the work that kind of detail doesn't come cheap. As to whether somebody pays that for it is another thing.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #28
72 tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
My 70 GMC doesn't have them either.
Does yours have holes for them? This one does
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #29
tutone

I don't personally think the average guy can do that overall quality of restoration without farming some of it out. Maybe its not 100% correct, but its at a level that I will never achieve, or even strive for. This caliber of truck is priced out of the common man's reach for a good reason. It's not a common man's truck. It is a show piece and it is priced as such. I would love to have one half as nice. I think these trucks will keep climbing in value until a daily will be too hard to reach, let alone one like this. Beautiful truck and one more thing, the guy posted PLENTY of pictures as if not to hide a thing.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #30
mike16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
If you are paying somebody to do the work that kind of detail doesn't come cheap. As to whether somebody pays that for it is another thing.
yes, thats a good point.the details take time. and that takes money.

i doubt it will move though with that price tag
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

I don't care what vehicle you pick, I never thought I'd see the day you could pay to have a vehicle done and make it a profit, let alone break even. It's not like I'll be looking at a vehicle for so much money and not be willing to pay that much, then find out they paid for all the work and say, "Well in that case it's worth it. Here's your money"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #32
rob32472

overall a nice truck.... 80k is all the money and should be all there, every part every detail IMHO
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #33
57taskforce
All about them K’s

That’s a beautiful truck! I will never own one that nice because I use mine as trucks. Having built these things from the ground up more than once I have lots of respect for this level of build. Sure there’s a few things not correct or perfect (the passenger side lower cab trim was kinda driving me nuts), but man it sure is a hell of a build. If it’s worth 80K to some one then they will buy it. I can’t imagine spending anywhere near that much for a truck. Especially one that was much less than 5,000 new. I wouldn’t even spend near that on a new truck for that matter.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:07 AM   #34
tsetsaf

The good thing about these pricey trucks is that ours all go up in value too. Looking at this one and considering what I have in mine maybe I should get it re-appraised (valued at $65k 4 years ago by a very legit appraisal firm for insurance purposes).
Old 09-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #35
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsetsaf View Post
The good thing about these pricey trucks is that ours all go up in value too. Looking at this one and considering what I have in mine maybe I should get it re-appraised (valued at $65k 4 years ago by a very legit appraisal firm for insurance purposes).
I did a quick search and couldn't find any pics of your truck. Mind posting some pics, or maybe just a link so I could check it out?

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #36
RedRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
But somewhere out there....is a guy with very deep pockets who doesn't want to work much on his classic purchase....just get in, turn the key, plug and play and that is probably the case with this truck.
If there was such a guy, he'd definitely be in Laguna Hills, CA.
RedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #37
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't care what vehicle you pick, I never thought I'd see the day you could pay to have a vehicle done and make it a profit, let alone break even. It's not like I'll be looking at a vehicle for so much money and not be willing to pay that much, then find out they paid for all the work and say, "Well in that case it's worth it. Here's your money"
That's a function of how desirable those vehicles are or could be made to be. This is a short box half-ton 4x4, black, and so on. I'd like tot think my own truck is just as nice but worth WAY less because it's a Longhorn that people aren't clamoring for.

It's probably only the last couple of years where someone will roll the dice that's there are 2-3 buyers out there with deep pockets that really want one!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:50 PM   #38
indymachinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Joe View Post
everyone rips the truck apart but I don't see anywhere where the dealer claims the truck is restored to 100% correct.

truck has one hell of a paint job on it. prolly spent 30k just on the bodywork/paint
Nailed it. Bitter people picking at something they will never have. Why not just leave it alone.

"Concourse restorations" are boring anyways.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:36 AM   #39
saskred

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKnNyPpY View Post
They will throw in the shroud, and the decals...some installation required! Why peel the SPID when you can see one under it? Do I want it hell yass, but I'll stick with my lolo with A/C for about 5-6000 invested.

Attachment 1692018
I could be mistaken - but I'm pretty sure that the SPID in the pictures is original. The top clear cover is peeled back and has peeled some of the color of the SPID away with it. I think that's why it appears that you can see 2 SPIDs when in fact there is only the one.
saskred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:43 AM   #40
mike16

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
Nailed it. Bitter people picking at something they will never have. Why not just leave it alone.

Nope. You got that wrong. Both times.

stick around awhile, eventually you will get a sense or feel for the market. it the mean time differentiate between nice and over priced.

Its described as a a "Rotisserie Restoration" and "impeccable"

ask your self two simple questions,

why are there so many redundant front, side, rear and angle pictures....? If I see one more armor-all'd tire I think I'm gonna puke.

did you read the small print/caveat ?

Last edited by mike16; 09-23-2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #41
indymachinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16 View Post
Nope. You got that wrong. Both times.

stick around awhile, eventually you will get a sense or feel for the market. it the mean time differentiate between nice and over priced.

Its described as a a "Rotisserie Restoration" and "impeccable"

ask your self two simple questions,

why are there so many redundant front, side, rear and angle pictures....? If I see one more armor-all'd tire I think I'm gonna puke.

did you read the small print/caveat ?

NO YOUR WRONG!!!!

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #42
trac209

Amazing truck but too nice to even use daily never mind even dream of using the 4x4. Show piece truck that's a beautiful.

Last edited by trac209; 09-24-2017 at 11:35 AM.
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #43
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

cut the bickering people

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #44
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
Says you. If I had the opportunity to see a true concourse restoration of ANY of our trucks I would drive 45 minutes to see it. C30 electrical company work truck restored to concourse level? I'm there.

How far would I go to see another C10 with a lift kit and white dash faces and an aluminum intake? I wouldn't even get out of bed for that.

Anyone who thinks a proper factory-correct concourse restoration is boring has likely never done one and just doesn't appreciate the work and research that goes into one. To each their own, but I love them.

I also don't think this truck is a "concourse restoration" of anything. It could be with a few more dollars and weekends of work, but there are too many details wrong/dirty/missing for this one to qualify. Which is not to say it's not a nice truck, it is.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #45
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Says you. If I had the opportunity to see a true concourse restoration of ANY of our trucks I would drive 45 minutes to see it. C30 electrical company work truck restored to concourse level? I'm there.

How far would I go to see another C10 with a lift kit and white dash faces and an aluminum intake? I wouldn't even get out of bed for that.

Anyone who thinks a proper factory-correct concourse restoration is boring has likely never done one and just doesn't appreciate the work and research that goes into one. To each their own, but I love them.

I also don't think this truck is a "concourse restoration" of anything. It could be with a few more dollars and weekends of work, but there are too many details wrong/dirty/missing for this one to qualify. Which is not to say it's not a nice truck, it is.
Do you think one of these trucks of this vintage, in any incarnation, would receive an invitation to Concours d'Elegance? I doubt it, but I know that's not what your saying anyway, just wanted to keep the vehicles we're dealing with in perspective. I do like seeing the originals, they are classy. I may take the body of mine down and make it look like original, though I like the later running gear. The more time I spend banging my knuckles, the more I'm thinking I would like a more elegant outcome. But I'm still using, and enjoy using my truck... so I'm on the beater end of the spectrum, for now anyhow! I'm low brow, there might even be a couple crumpled beer cans in the bed! The reason I don't add up receipts... I probably could have bought that truck for the money I have in wasted duct tape and hose clamps... and my truck still looks the same!

So what's it worth... probably the receipts your scared to add up!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:21 PM   #46
IRQVET

I nice rig for sure.
Attached Images

IRQVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #47
mike16

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post

x's 2.

a real and proper restoration is quite a challenge. they should be respected for that alone. but you would have to know that. boring they are not.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #48
Coley

Yeah put me down for being a fan of what would be a 'true, complete, correct restoration'.
I've seen a lot of nice, restored trucks....but almost none perfect or by the book, not that I know the book to perfection.
So I too....would drive to see that.

As for the lowered, big wheel, shortened wheel base trucks....well, now that they are so common that, to me....they have lost their style and become the expected bread and butter items in the truck realm.
I don't mean any offence to owners of these, its just that when something gets chased and copied so heavily....it loses its appearance to now becoming 'generic'. (remember the doctor suess thing with the 'sneetches' guys with the stars on their bellys?...when only one had it, it was very unique...then they all did it....and it became common, normal and then unnoticeable....so that afterwards having 'no star' was now unique and a bunch wanted to go back).

Regardless.....that is still one damn nice truck....not my thing, not my budget, but someone worked hard and well on it and it has a buyer somewhere.

All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #49
harpo231

My soon to be truck will have new parts costing a total of 70k[ Including bodywork] I was fortunite enough to work a very good company for 35 yrs so I decided to have a pro do this one.I have by my own hand built a 64 chevy , 67 chevelle , 69 panel . 52 dodge pu .. 51 chevy deluxe , and a 79 monte. They all turned out well , my point is if you pay someone or do it yourself time is worth money so you will never get out what you have in it. Im not worried because my boys will never sell it and my will says it is not to leave family. I decided to do this when I went and looked at new trucks the day i retired at 53 and found nothing that was remotely as APPEALING AS THE OLE 67 I decided my retirement gift would be a brand new ,slightly modified 67 chevy c10 GOD BLESS AMERICA!
harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:23 PM   #50
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Isn't it only the most expensive truck if it sells for the highest price ever? Possibly jumping the gun.

But if all it takes is to ask the highest price ever Ive decided I want 775K for my 68 GMC. There, now I have the most expensive 67-72 Chevy or GMC truck ever. Don't mind me, I'm resting on my laurels =)

BTW I think the truck that starts off this thread is pretty darn sweet!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote