The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
andrewt2

trouble with Doug Thorley?

Has anybody else experience poor customer service with Doug Thorley? I ordered a set of swap headers direct from their website for a 67-72 on 3/24/11 I havent been billed yet... but I havent seen any email saying their on back order or anything. I Tried calling and only got a voicemail, left a message. no responce. Their website says most orders ship within 24 hours. however I havent heard anything from them and on their website my order says pending. has anyone else had any trouble ordering from them directly??
andrewt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
structures

Re: trouble with Doug Thorley?

I got mine off of dougthorley.com but the confirmation email said BnR Performance. Didn't have any issues. This was over a year ago though.

1965 Chevy C10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374373

1997 Chevy K2500 6.5 diesel
structures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
andrewt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by structures View Post
I got mine off of dougthorley.com but the confirmation email said BnR Performance. Didn't have any issues. This was over a year ago though.
yeah I got the confirmation email from BnR performance and it has a link to check status and it just says pending. I just dont like calling a business and getting a voicemail to begin with, then not getting a call back. poor professionalism.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
structures

I went back and checked my order. I put the order in on 3/22/10 and received the package via ups 3/26/10.

1965 Chevy C10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374373

1997 Chevy K2500 6.5 diesel
structures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

There is a Doug Thorley rep on the site. I sent them a PM.

EDIT: moving this to the review board.

LSx Swap FAQ index

Last edited by usmcchevy; 04-05-2011 at 09:14 PM.
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
andrewt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcchevy View Post
There is a Doug Thorley rep on the site. I sent them a PM.

EDIT: moving this to the review board.
Appreciate that wasnt sure where to put it but of course I stumbled across Doug Thorley because of everybody's good words about them on the board here.

Last edited by andrewt2; 04-05-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

Wow. I am truly sorry Andrew. Just to clarify, have you been trying to make contact with BnR or us directly? http://www.dougthorley.com/ is BnR's web page, ours is http://dougthorleyheaders.com/. There is some confusion there for sure but unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it. That's the internet for ya.

You will want to talk to our sales manager, Nick Thompson @ 951-371-1744. If he can't be reached, just have the receptionist page me, Jamie, and I'll help you out.

Again, sorry about the trouble.

Jamie
Jamie @ Doug Thorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
andrewt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie @ Doug Thorley View Post
Wow. I am truly sorry Andrew. Just to clarify, have you been trying to make contact with BnR or us directly? http://www.dougthorley.com/ is BnR's web page, ours is http://dougthorleyheaders.com/. There is some confusion there for sure but unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it. That's the internet for ya.

You will want to talk to our sales manager, Nick Thompson @ 951-371-1744. If he can't be reached, just have the receptionist page me, Jamie, and I'll help you out.

Again, sorry about the trouble.

Jamie
I had been trying to make contact via the phone number listed from BnR's website (www.dougthorley.com) and email are you guys two seperate companies then? If so sorry to throw your name around here as a bad deal when it's another guys fault.

Last edited by andrewt2; 04-06-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
bnr Performance

I apologize for not calling you back but we had some issues with our voice mail. We were checking it and calling back people daily, but evidently there were some that were there but we couldn't hear them. Talked to the phone company about it today and when they fixed the issue we had 56 new messages going back to February.

Sorry about this.

The headers are out of stock for 6-8 weeks and when they come in they will be the larger tube (1-7/8).

Let us know what you would like to do.

Thanks.

Last edited by bnr Performance; 04-06-2011 at 05:36 PM.
bnr Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

Sorry for the trouble Andrew.

Last edited by Jamie @ Doug Thorley; 04-06-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
andrewt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnr Performance View Post
I apologize for not calling you back but we had some issues with our voice mail. We were checking it and calling back people daily, but evidently there were some that were there but we couldn't hear them. Talked to the phone company about it today and when they fixed the issue we had 56 new messages going back to February.

Sorry about this.

The headers are out of stock for 6-8 weeks and when they come in they will be the larger tube (1-7/8).

Let us know what you would like to do.

Thanks.
When the headers are back in stock will I still be offered the same purchase price as when I ordered? I understand phone issues, maybe in the future an email alert to let customers know a part is out of stock could cut out some of the confusion?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie @ Doug Thorley View Post
Sorry for the trouble Andrew.
Jamie- Thanks for following up on this. Although there was some communication concerns, it appears to have been resolved.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
JennaBear

We too have been trying to get a hold of BnR Performance and continue to get the run around. We made our order back in Oct 11, and still can not get a straight answer on what the status is. We have made multiple attempts via email and phone, at this point, just asking for our money back. No response.

We also tried contacting Nick at Doug Thorley, twice now, to see about becoming a dealer direct- no response there either.

When speaking with the Doug Thorley reps at SEMA, we were then told (in Nov) that the headers were going to be in production that following week. Not quite sure what the deal is here, but we either want our product or our money back- can't get anyone to respond!

BBB and Fair Trade Commission are our only other option now.
JennaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

Hi there. I'm sorry that you are having trouble with BnR. I would also like to mention that they are only connected to us through a distributorship and nothing more. I will get with Nick this morning and find out what the scoop is for you. I will also email him this thread. Chances are that you spoke to me at the SEMA show and I'm willing to bet that the run was going to happen the following week or so. We work on a 6-8 week lead time once a work order hits the floor. If it is the 1 7/8" version you were after, that was put on hold by me due to my access to the 73-87 ls swap body style. Once I verified fit on this model (mid- December), I re-released the order which is now in the closing stages. The header is now verified to fit from 67-87. I also developed a swap header for the 61-66 which is in the process of being fixtured and will be available shortly.

Jennabear. If you PM me your phone number, we will call you and get things straightened out right away.

Jamie
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
JennaBear

Thanks Jamie, PM sent.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
JennaBear

Doug Thorley Headers took care of us, and we now have a business relationship direct with them.

However, we are still out our money from BNR (which is also BJsoffroad). They have now offered to provide us a partial refund, but not until next week. They will not refund the PayPal fees, even though they never provided us a product. On principle, this is not acceptable, and one of the reasons people do not like to do business online. Especially since we asked for our money back Dec 16th.

According to the FTC, this is illegal, especially since they are outside the mandated 30 day shipping policy:

"When you offer to sell merchandise, you must have a "reasonable basis" for:

any express or implied shipment representation, or
believing you can ship within 30 days of receipt of an order -- if you make no shipment representation or if the shipment representation is not clear and conspicuous.

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund."
Old 02-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #17
andrewt2

Yeah BNR performance is a bunch of crooks. Horrible customer service. I never did get the order I placed with them clear back in March of 2011 thankfully I was never billed for them sorry to hear about your troubles with them and that you wont be recieving a full refund.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
JennaBear

It is a shame, is this is the reason folks don't like to do business online. If you are still looking for headers, feel free to give me a holler.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBear View Post
They will not refund the PayPal fees, even though they never provided us a product.
I know that our PayPal account will allow a refund of the fees for up to 6 months if we issue a refund to a customer... if it's a partial refund, they credit back the percentage of the fees.

Sounds like they are just trying to pour some salt in the wound. Not very professional to say the least.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Gipper01

To whom it may concern at Doug Thorley

An order was placed on 18 April 2012 for Doug Thorley headers (Part # THY-324-C) and my account was debited for the amount of $554.40 on 1 May 2012. I have logged on to my account at dougthorley.com to check the status of my order(#248), it indicates pending shipment and has so since April 2012. I have made every effort to contact dougthorley.com by phone as well as email with no success of receiving any feedback. This is June 2012, an extreme amount of time has passed since the date of purchase (1 May 2012). I am seeking advice from anyone who can assist with this matter.
Gipper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
Gipper01

I ordered the headers through BNR Performance.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #22
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper01 View Post
I ordered the headers through BNR Performance.
Ok Gipper. Let me see if I can get our sales manager involved here and have a word with the guys over at BnR.

Jamie
Old 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #23
bnr Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipper01 View Post
To whom it may concern at Doug Thorley

An order was placed on 18 April 2012 for Doug Thorley headers (Part # THY-324-C) and my account was debited for the amount of $554.40 on 1 May 2012. I have logged on to my account at dougthorley.com to check the status of my order(#248), it indicates pending shipment and has so since April 2012. I have made every effort to contact dougthorley.com by phone as well as email with no success of receiving any feedback. This is June 2012, an extreme amount of time has passed since the date of purchase (1 May 2012). I am seeking advice from anyone who can assist with this matter.
Gipper, thanks for joining this site just to flame us.

You ordered the headers, we explained to you there would be at least a 5-6 week wait.

You asked us to charge your card immediately since you weren't sure you would have the money when these came back in stock.

I see that we have sent you emails at least every 2 weeks keeping you updated as much as we can. It looks like we have called you back a bunch of times as well as talked to you on a few of those occasions.

Unfortunately Doug Thorley has dropped the ball on these and have not had these done since you ordered them.

We will definitely have a word with the guys over at Thorley but lately this seems to be the norm.

You sent about 5 emails and 3 messages in the last 2 days, all of which were responded to and you were called back.

I am not sure where your basis for this argument is:

>>I have made every effort to contact dougthorley.com by
>> phone as well as email with no success of receiving any feedback

But as you can see from above, we have emailed and called you back every time you have requested.

If you would like I can post all the emails and post our phone logs showing that we have been in contact with you.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
bnr Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
I know that our PayPal account will allow a refund of the fees for up to 6 months if we issue a refund to a customer... if it's a partial refund, they credit back the percentage of the fees.

Sounds like they are just trying to pour some salt in the wound. Not very professional to say the least.
Nate, this is not true, it is 60 DAYS, not 6 months. When a customer cancels a PAYPAL order after 60 days, we cannot refund the fees.

Next time, check your facts before posting.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
Gipper01

I'll do the best I can to explain my position in as few words as possible. I am a paid in full customer who's only requesting a status updates on the delivery of my purchase; that's what customers do. Extending the delivery date by two or more weeks at every exchange, whether by email or phone is not very reassuring . In closing, I''m only interested in receiving the product I've paid for; nothing more.