The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
You really need to validate the measurements on your specific vehicle. Every different part installed can change vs. a similar (but different) combo. You can use the numbers he listed to have an idea of a possible range but need to measure your truck to know the hard numbers.
I second this advice.

The wheel sizes I ended up with are in that post, yes. 20x11 fronts with a 6.75" BS, 20x12 rears with a 7.75" BS.

But I'd 100% measure it myself, especially when ordering custom wheels you can't return.

Also note that the fronts WILL interfere with the shock mount. And they will likely interfere with aftermarket lower control arms sway bar mount unless you relocate it like I did.

If you're not wanting to mess with that I'd go at least an inch narrower in the fronts, but again, measure it!

Also keep in mind that your rear end might be narrower depending on if it's an early or late 70', which will affect the offset you need.

I wanted wide tires on all 4 corners for two reasons. One, to increase braking performance by having a wider front pad. And two because a square stance is supposed to help counter understeer, which we have loads of in these.

Hope that helps.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:31 AM   #2
tigerchevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
I second this advice.

The wheel sizes I ended up with are in that post, yes. 20x11 fronts with a 6.75" BS, 20x12 rears with a 7.75" BS.

But I'd 100% measure it myself, especially when ordering custom wheels you can't return.

Also note that the fronts WILL interfere with the shock mount. And they will likely interfere with aftermarket lower control arms sway bar mount unless you relocate it like I did.

If you're not wanting to mess with that I'd go at least an inch narrower in the fronts, but again, measure it!

Also keep in mind that your rear end might be narrower depending on if it's an early or late 70', which will affect the offset you need.

I wanted wide tires on all 4 corners for two reasons. One, to increase braking performance by having a wider front pad. And two because a square stance is supposed to help counter understeer, which we have loads of in these.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info,yes as stated in know I should measure my truck,just wanted base line numbers to start with,I did this with my 72 chevelle and the norm for 70-72 with certain components a 315 sq,front 10.0 or 10.5 wide 5.5 bs, rears 10.00,11.00 wide,6.00 bs 315 30 18 clears fine I've seen as a trend most of the times the numbers are close,the we double check to make sure it fits.
Thanks for sharing!��
Btw what is your rear,axle flange to flange? Thanks!

Last edited by tigerchevelle; 08-27-2020 at 01:39 AM.
tigerchevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:38 AM   #3
tigerchevelle

Also as a note,when I had my wheels built my buddy was friends with the owners of intro wheels and they gave me a wheel center and hoop,that weren't welded,and I could play with the bs.
tigerchevelle is offline   Reply With Quote