The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #26
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: pics from my trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
Yah i cant wait for more pics....any of that back seat......lol
!!!! Actually... I think I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive View Post
Holy cow! That's brave...a couple weeks ago I crossed all of North and South Dakota and might have had cell service for about 20 minutes.
I'll be honest... that was a major fear. There were miles upon miles with no service, and I was sweating it that I would end up breaking down in one of those areas. For the best part though, my cell coverage (Verizon) did outstanding. I'm glad I got my new phone before the trip though... the MP3 player was the shiznit... and I was able to send pics to Liz and she posted them on here for me.
That my friends... is why we went to the moon. So we can e-mail phots from the middle of no where on the road to each other, and have them posted on the web.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Can't wait to see some more Andy. Trips like that are kool as heck (when you survive ).

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #28
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Ttt

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 PM   #29
Longhorn Man

ok... so then... that was a teaser.... here goes;
You can tell She wanted out of the picture.... I wanted to catch her at work, but this was the best i got. Shw was trying to slip back outta the photo.
Women are funny that way.

Here is CG giving a safety briefing on saw-zall operation. I think he said anyone who wants to play grab ass has to go outside

So we all went outside!

And he cusses at us as he gets to work!

Not really... but it sounded good. The photo of everyone standing around was actually later. We took turns hackin on the front of the parts burb

I took a shot at it (no photo avalible) and stopped, becouse I know my history with these kinds of saws. The blade ALWAYS breaks.
So I hand it off to Live Rat. He finishes the cut, and is seen here UNkerfaggling the blade. (notice, the whole crossmember is cut off the frame now)

TIME TO EAT! CG is the cook... I'm glad he didn't have the aprin asking to kiss the cook... I woulda gone hungry! The one in the gray T-shirt is live rat, and the 2 seen in the back ground are CG's mother inlaw (used to live here in columbus... so she HAS to be cool) and also the father in law... they are also the ones who hide all CG's stuff in these barns.
I wish my former inlaws were that cool.

Work party stops... foods ready!
You can see Al (IAFF2407) sitting in the burb seat in front of the burb, the lady in the jean jacket is Mrs CG, and Eric67M is in the T-shirt.
I'm on top of the bucket loader taking the photo... so you can't see me.
More on the way

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-09-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #30
Longhorn Man

Here is a quick who is who ...
*Photo and text stollen from oldiron in an older thread)
Left to right:
oldiron "Dennis", Livrat "Mark", Longhorn Man "Andy", CG "Mark", ETsC10 "Ellen", Eric 67M "Eric", IAFF2407 "Al", down front Brad "Brad".
Missing is Auggie76 "Jeff" who is in the second picture.

(I wish I knew what was being said when that photo was taken... it had to have been funny)
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #31
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

dude i cant get over how alike we look... lol.

sweet burb btw
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #32
Longhorn Man

Here's brad hackin up the parts burb... gettin some parts for Frizzl Fry's project. Al can be seen to the right... looks like he wants to say WTF is goin on?

A side note... Al is the one responsible for the cool T-shirts everyone is wearing in the group photo.
Also, another side note... if you slip on rain soaked moss in a driveway, and get your hoodie sweatshirt all wet... DON'T put it on a big nice stainless steel grill to dry off.
You might just burn the back of it off!
*DOH!!!*
Here's just a few of the cool trucks parked out front

i LOVE this pic of brads truck... I was on my belly in the wet drive for this pic... but it was worth it. (my wallpaper right now too)

Dig the shaved door handle kit.... total low buck!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #33
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdave2 View Post
dude i cant get over how alike we look... lol.

sweet burb btw
No kidding, you guys have the same hair cut.

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Jtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #34
Longhorn Man

The original plan was to tow the blue burb behind the yellow one. When that plan got axed, we planned on installing a 68 front clip on the yellow one... so, everyone decided to sign the hood on the yellow one.
Well, wwhen the shadows started getting long, we realized, it wasn't gonna happen.
So, in addition to all the window paint... I had hood grafitti!!! (did I spell that right?) Most of it has washed off now... but it can still be seen today if you look. (And no, the 68 nos STILL isn't on)

That's all my pics from CG's place... at least, the ones worth posting. Now I'm gonna start resizing the ones from the actual road trip.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #35
jamie72

cool pics andy keep them coming!!!!

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #36
Longhorn Man

before I go to do that...
The parts burb donated the whole front suspention, the rear axle, (3.07 gears) the front right door, trailing arms, 3rd door glass and guts, and some odds and ends. Also thrown in the deal, but not pictured, 2 real nice 68 fenders, a very nice 68 hood and core support, and a semi-kerfaggled chrome 67-70 front bumper.
The work we gont done to the yellow one... besides painting the windows, live rat installed a brand new HEI I got on e-bay, and a set of semi-crappy plug wires I scrounged up from an old camaro. (they held up BTW) A fresh set of sparklers was thrown in, a very clean (maybe new?) air filter was found in the back of old iren's truck,,, tossed it in there... I did an oil and filter change, and quite a bit of looking and inspecting and poking around. Packing all that crap in there was fun... everything listed, plus a spare, 2 rear seats, my road trip cooler, a bag of tools, 2 suit cases I flew in with, a box of left over T-shirts... I had to leave room for me to sleep in the front seat, and still needed room for a set of 15X8 wheels that i was picking up in Denver.
This beast was LOADED. I couldn't see out the rear view mirror, which didn't matter... it broke off anyways. (I HATE the glue on kind) With no mirror on the passenger door, it made for some interesting passing.
Either way... it was cool... and chicks dig it!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #37
krue
Designated A-hole!

Looks like y'all had a blast!

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #38
Longhorn Man

ok... so now the Burbin across the USA tour has officially started. There was 4 of us that left CG's place... it's gettin dark, (7:30 PM) we stop for gas and eveyone is lookin at us. I notice the not-quite-dry window lettering isn't gonna hold up perfect. Live Rat is leading me to an exit that he/they are gonna keep on going by and I'm supposed to take. Well, one exit AFTER that one, we all pull over and he has to tell me where I messed up. We all honk and wave and flash lights... and now I'm on my own.
And it's dark.
And it's raining.
It IS Washington... of course it's raining!
I pull over after about 110 miles... been a long day, time to sleep. I figured since i had plenty of time to get home, there's no point in stopping for cat naps or trying to pull an iron man, so i sleep for 7 hrs every night.
No pics at all... like I said, it was dark and rainy.
Next morning... I notice it ain't raining... as much. Nothing much goin on out my windshield.

Holdin it at 65 - 70... keepin a hawk eye on the guages... I don't know much about this rig... so I'm still a little scared.
I can't remember where I took this photo at... may have been the night before still in Wahsington... but it was cool, and friggen HUGE... so i pulled over and took a few pics.

Dew on the dash, full tank of petro, cell phone tuggin on the mirror... cruisin my new burb.
life is good.

When I had the atlas out at Marks, and talkin about the route planned... someone (I think old iron0 said something about dead man's pass. It was loud in there, and about 12 convorsations going on... but I remember this eing mentioned. Kinda made me scared... I mean, with a name like that, i expected something like... steep or something.
Well, it was nothing. Either it was just off the freeway, or someone needs slapped with a trout becouse the hill on the freeway was NOTHING!
Either way, I took a pic of the sign.

Now I see some hills looming in the not so distant horizon.

Now enter the darn near 100 MPH photo from before.

I'm a flat lander... plus, every avalible acre in Ohio is either a city/town/hill billy village... or it has Corn on it. So this kind of scenery may seem booring to you... but it's kinda cool to me.
Cool in a booring way.
I am pretty sure this is all Oregon now

Me with my cruisin/poker face

My front right tire has been thumpin for a while... and the ride is starting to get a little... lumpy for lack of a better term. I am very familiar with the feeling.... I know it's a blown belt, I just don't know which tire it is.
I'll wait. I just need to slow down.
So after a few times of the lumpy sensation coming back... I'm down to 55 MPH, and just dipped below 1/4 tank of fuel, so I hit a truck stop just before getting out of Oregon. This was when i had the massive fuelleak too.
It was here;

Please stay tuned for more...

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-09-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #39
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

I wanna go drive my blazer all over the country now.

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Jtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #40
krue
Designated A-hole!

I remember the days when I would do that kinda crap.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #41
Longhorn Man

I know I am just a scant few miles from idaho so i get out the contact list.
Bummer... there's only one name in Idaho.
i call the number... total p!sser. The number is no good.
I look over my shoulder at the spare tire I have, and while it's a full size tire, the tread tells me it's a temp spare. kinda bald, kinda crusty, but hey... it's round, and it holds air. Better than what Is on the front right of the truck.
I go looking for a parts store so i can get a jack... I was even willing to go to a wall mart (I HATE the chain and avoid it at all costs). Found a NAPA that was open... and there were 2 67 - 72 trucks in the lot. COOL!
The one is pulling out as I go in, the other turned out to belong to the parts guy i was talkin to. I gave him a board buisness card and told him about the place. tried buying his spare, but when I looked at it, it was total trash. I'll just roll the dice with my cracked/weatherchecked/bald... but still round, spare. I got a bottle jack and went to work. Pulled out the 4 way tire iron i had shipped with all my tools in my cooler to CG's place (ended up at the neighbors house though) and TWISTED IT UP trying to get the first lug nut off.
Another $30 got me one of those extendable gorrilla breaker bar lug wrenches with 4 sockets...and a can of PB Blaster.
Way cool tool.
Now my fuel stop has killed almost 2 1/2 hrs. Did I mention the lug nuts were like... real tight?
Hit the road... got my MP3 player goin. The stereo in the dash isn't pickin up anything but static. The antenna is missing and.. well, I forgot all my 8 tracks at home. (actually, i don't have any)

and I'm greeted with this in just a few miles;

maybe things will be more exciting?

Startin to get a little dark... at least, on this side of the hill anyways.

This shot was MUCH more impressive in person. The way the 3 hills are positioned... it was cool.
*crappy photo due to junk camera... not me*

Stay tuned... gotta resize more photos.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-09-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #42
skokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
Stay tuned till tomorow...
When I have lotsa road in front of me;

And tell the story about getting it all behind me;
Andy
I have drive across country lots of times and that view looks familiar Where was this taken?

Thanks
The other Brad aka SKOKIE

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #43
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I sure dont remember you hanging from the rafters taking pictures . So far this is a pretty cool montage you got going. Keep em coming.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #44
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Andy, looks like you had a blast on your trip. So now the burb is home, do the chicks dig it?? I am not even gonna ask about the back seat comments...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #45
Longhorn Man

Now I'm into Utah and Wyoming... not sure exactly. Either way... everything is goin fine.
I've been told that when you see rock pillars like this, that it's left over from volcanos... the mountain has worn away, and the lava that dried up is what remains.
i dunno if it's true... but I sure wanted to pull over and climb it!

But i didn't. :bummer:
Dew reserve is getting low. I don't like being able to see the bottom of the cooler.

I thought this was a nice shot... nothing special though

Pretty sure this was wyoming now. The lady at the gas station said there was something like 6 or 8 inches of snow on the ground the day before... but now only the shadows have snow left.
I thought it looked cool... so i took a bunch of pics

No clue what this town was... other than secluded, and with no cell signal... but I think it looked cool. Looked like a town that was born simply becouse the rail road went through there.

Starting to get windy now...

i didn't get the pic of the next one... it said 75 MPH gusts. Started as a side wind... which was OK, made the burb lean to the left, and took some weight off that crappy spare I still have up there., but then, I turned into the wind. I couldn't believe how hard it was... felt like it was gonna stop the truck in it's tracks.
The next fuel stop, the gas station chick was very chatty... I asked her if it was always windy like this, she said it wasn't uncommon. She said she liked it etter than back in the midwest, the wind helps keep the mosquitos down.
What ever.
I hang a right onto another road... and shortly after that, i see this sign.

Ain't lookin too colorfull though... not from where I was sitting anyways.

I stop for more fuel, and I recognise the name of the town I was in.... Fort Collins Co. Glock35 had told me to give him a call... so, he and I hung out at the gas station for 1/2 hr or so, lookin at the hotties (LOTS of them in his town) drinkin dew, and just shootin the breeze. Tossed him a T-shirt and he had to go back to work.
Was great meeting you Bob!
Continued headin south, got to the northern suburbs of Denver, and went to the Hotel.
finally... running water!
You know you stink, when you can smell yourself!
Actually, it wasn't too bad. I didn't smell anything anyways.
After my shower, is when i met Frank...
Sick69. He had picked up some rims for me, and delivered them 2 hrs away to me... on a work night! I handed him a t-shirt before the first wheel came out, and he was wearing it 5 seconds later... Very cool! He hung out with me for a while, we talked about trucks, the board, chicks, looked at my pics... talked bout hotties again, all kinds of stuff.
However... much like when I stopped in Fort Collins... neither of us thought to get photos.

Stay tuned... tomorow... I'll finish the story, with more pics, and more details about myself that'll make you wonder if I am crazy...
Old 11-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #46
Longhorn Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skokie View Post
Andy
I have drive across country lots of times and that view looks familiar Where was this taken?
I wanna say Wyoming... but honestly... I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I sure dont remember you hanging from the rafters taking pictures . So far this is a pretty cool montage you got going. Keep em coming.
LOL!!! I was on top of the ford tractor thing you had holdin up the blue burb. I'm crazy... but I wouldn't climb into the raftors... that sucer was WAY too tall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Andy, looks like you had a blast on your trip. So now the burb is home, do the chicks dig it?? I am not even gonna ask about the back seat comments...
I am rather amazed... YES!!!! THE CHICKS DO DIG IT (for the best part) The back seat comments are refering to another thread. Look for the super long consolidated post about wrecking/restoring/repairing a damaged GMC. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=262268&page=4 Response #91 is where that joke kinda starts.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-10-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #47
skokie

[QUOTE=Longhorn Man;2439096]I wanna say Wyoming... but honestly... I'm not sure.

I just went through some old pics I have and it looks a lot like Wyoming. Nice country. My 5 year old son and I are driving to Colorado next summer. Should be fun.

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:27 AM   #48
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
I LOVE this pic of brads truck... I was on my belly in the wet drive for this pic... but it was worth it. (my wallpaper right now too)

Wow, finally all that hard work and effort are paying off! 14 more minutes to go.
Dig the shaved door handle kit.... total low buck!!!!
ROTFLMAO!!! Glad you posted that. Yes, folks that's what my budget allows right now.
Frizzle gave me that handle from the 3rd door and it's going on my truck tomorrow. I haven't had the time or funds to do a handle shave yet and it's a pita to lean over inside to open up the door.

BTW, I'm sooooooo glad you're posting these before I leave! I don't know when I'll be back on here after Sunday.

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Last edited by Brad; 11-10-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:49 AM   #49
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
ROTFLMAO!!! Glad you posted that. Yes, folks that's what my budget allows right now.
Frizzle gave me that handle from the 3rd door and it's going on my truck tomorrow. I haven't had the time or funds to do a handle shave yet and it's a pita to lean over inside to open up the door.

BTW, I'm sooooooo glad you're posting these before I leave! I don't know when I'll be back on here after Sunday.
Can sombody photo shop that ford out of the picture. I like that pic, it's pretty cool. How many people helped longhorn get off the ground?

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 11-10-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 AM   #50
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

We interupt this thread for a very unimportant announcement.
Just to let you all know, Blue'72 and I added color to my truck recently. He welded up more trim holes and we painted them black. We also cleaned up the rust on the bed and painted that white. I think at last count I've got 9 different colors. I also fixed the chrome grill hoops and the hood lip is also white now. It's amazing to me all the compliments I get from stangers!

We now bring you back to your regularly scheduled programming.

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Last edited by Brad; 11-10-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote