The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #11
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

OK here are a few pictures of progress on the bed rotisserie/bed cart. I am using some of the scrap tubing I have laying around and making implements or configurations to use two identical motor stands for a rotisserie/bed cart. Both of the motor stands will be connected with removable tubing through the bottom forward pointing out rigger. At some point I will create a second set of implements so that I could possibly rotate it some so I can do bed floor repair. for now I am just making it into a sturdy breakdown bed cart that is higher than usual do to the lower back issue I have.

When completed it will also have a bolt on set of outrigger legs for safety and rigidity. So I bought both of the engine stands from Jegs at $59 a piece. With those and probably around $100 dollars of scrap tubing and a few extra pairs of casters i have I should be into for around $225 - 250. For me to have a tool that will allow me to move a bed around in the shop, work standing up and not have to bend over to work on lower areas, is just perfect. Also will be able to break it down and store under the workbench when not in use.

Her are a few pictures snapped from this morning. The picture that has a few pieces of metal clamped to it and a caster will not have the piece on top, just did that for mockup reasons. Will probably just remove the lower tubing that came with the stand and put a new heavy wall piece there so I can weld a caster plate and have a breakable caster, also allows me to bolt on original when using for a motor.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote