The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
chris mc bride

Hooker 2455 1 HKR headers

Assuming the 1 in this is just because I am looking at ceramic coated headers instead of plain header.

Have read here that these fit in 69 truck aith BBC abd ride higher than std truck header. Anyone running them?

Right now have 3 spd manual.Plans are either 4l60E or swap in 6spd I have out of my z/28. Concerns with 6 spd handling TQ from 454. Heck handling anything after 120k in Z/28 with me driving is amazing.LMAO
Oh yea I have drag raced most my life. Everything from injected 454 to blown injected Hemi's making 3000 plu, so not really easy on parts.

Automatic would make more sense , so probably second choice.
Any problem with these headers and either of these transmissions?

Also looks like lower brace thats part of rear motor mount at bell housing might be issue? Is removing it a problem.Especailly considering nether new trans option would mount same location.

Ideally swap header,e xhaust, intake ,cam and transmission all at once. But have new ss exhaust made except front section where connects to headers and dying to hear it with headers,intake and new cam.

Right now back on track. Will headers hooker 2455hkr work with both 4l60 e and 6 spd,provided I make allowance for clearance around trans with pipes.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Re: Hooker 2455 1 HKR headers

I can not answer all your ? about header fitment/ect. But with the 3spd trans, you can remove the bell mount cross member, & set an auto cross member in. assuming a saginaw 3spd (7bolt side cover). I will leave the rest , to the guys that have been there on the headers that you choose. Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote