The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
Boog
laying low

countdown Ted.com

Disclaimer: I'm no tree hugger so this is for information purposes only.

Anyone heard of this? I was watching tv a couple of weeks ago and a commercial ? came on with a woman talking about climate change and a time line to convert the world to a carbon free world and all in real short order, like 20 or so years. That is pretty aggressive. And pushing EV. I think she is from Norway or Sweden maybe. She gave that addy. That is the only time I've seen it. It's global launch was 10/10/20.

I'm not agreeing with them or promoting their agenda mind you, just wondering if any of you know of this group and are keeping up with their movement. Lord knows there are lots of way dirtier places in the world than the US.
Hopefully we can talk about this without it getting political. We'll see.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Old 10-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
68bowtie

Re: countdown Ted.com

In California it’s already law to be 100% carbon free by like 2050 or something. Solar and wind are definitely tools to have in the tool bag, but they are expensive, high maintenance, and don’t generate around the clock so they need massive battery banks to be stand alone (technology which doesn’t exist yet at that scale). They have their own environmental impacts too. It’s a shame we don’t consider nuclear at all, and we don’t acknowledge hydro as “clean” since it blocks fish from migrating up the rivers (pay no attention to the eagles and other wildlife that thrives due to the reservoir ls created, flood control, recreation, and water supply). A reasonable approach would utilize all the tools, including natural gas, to maintain reliable and affordable (and relatively clean) power.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
Old 10-25-2020, 01:53 PM   #3
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: countdown Ted.com

You'll never get carbon neutral period end of story or close with out major leaps in technology.

The world runs with on demand power, and wind + solar won't be there with out disgusting amounts of batteries.

The lefties do not want damns, nuclear, or anything else that offers a chance to work. That we currently have

In comiefornia the utilities practically refuse to spend money to maintain there systems, and don't upgrade. Mind you the elected officials are a benefactor of the extra monies here, and it suits them fine as a hidden tax. The utility grid won't be able to handle mass charging of vehicles at night. Plus super stations would require large dedicated power connections too.

The biggest thing they can do, and the easiest with out major reinvention of the way we live our lives. Is to come up with cheaper versions of E85 to even pure alcohol for cars. Plus a version for diesels, and industrial equipment.

Old cars can run on alcohol with a rebuild, and adjustments to there current engine. Or a reporter if need be. Diesels would just maybe need a new pump, and a couple extras. I am not that into diesels.

People in europe die from the cold, and the heat yearly due to extreme energy cost. Things rich people who back all this stuff do not have to worry about.
Closed Thread