The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
Leroyswift

clunking noise from below?

91 k1500 1/2 ton, 4.3/4 speed granny low. I should start off by saying i bought this truck for $400 and drove it home thru 4 counties, replaced some brake parts and lines, valve stem seals, windshield and various other smalls. The 4 wheel drive has always worked great and the granny low in 4 low is devastating offroad. However i took a load of scrap steel to the junkyard this morning (only 740 lbs) and noticed after leaving a "clunking" noise directly below shift/ 4wd controls on the floor. it only does it in reverse taking off and in 1st gear taking off. And when it does it it only clunks once or twice. It maybe just me but it also seems the seletor stick for the 4wd moves more than it should.This is only occuring in 2wd, i havent tried it in 4wd. Is something loose, broke or is that mammoth 4spd transmission fixing to fall out? thanks, SWIFT
Leroyswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Leroyswift

Re: clunking noise from below?

Sorry double post cant figure out how to delete this one and keep the other