The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
lo72
Truck Junkie

Magic Ball Joints from CPP

So got my answer from CPP today on the bad fitting spindles for my 85...$65.00 for shipping out of my pocket and guess what there is nothing wrong with them...the moog ball joints fit great...Yep nothing wrong with the spindles...Strange that 2 board members bought spindles around the same time and they both have the same fitment problems. All i can say is lesson learned CPPJeff listen well never again will I purchase anything from your establishment. A deal is only a deal when both parties are satisfied. I guess the term " A customer is always right" really doesn't mean anything to some. What is done is done Think about this, a lot of the guys on this board build on a shoestring budget. perhaps they won't be so quick to send money your way when the see how you value them. Send back my spindles and the magic ball joints. I have a place for them in my scrap pile. Good Job.
lo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
thepenguin99

Re: Magic Ball Joints from CPP

If you shipped them back and have proof of that I would take it to your CC company.
thepenguin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
lo72
Truck Junkie

I bought them with my debit card... It's cool maybe everyone else will learn a lesson about who to deal with and who not to, before it becomes a hard lesson!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Stitch
Account Suspended

You should still be able to file a dispute with your bank. At least you wouldn't be out the money
Posted via Mobile Device
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
lo72
Truck Junkie

I want to see these joints 1st and see if i'm being told the truth. Hopefully no one else will buy from them...Word of mouth so to speak!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
spudz

I read your problem with them hitting and the taper being off. SO what your saying is.... they say its normal and are making you eat the shipping after you sent them pics of the problem and they told you to ship them back? You verified the taper is different from stock spindle to drop sprindle right? So how can it be normal.. I'm confused.. Or are you saying they tryed moog brand BJ and they fit correct??
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..

Last edited by spudz; 12-03-2010 at 04:02 PM.
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
lo72
Truck Junkie

Ditto here, but the guy assured me if it was the spindles he would swap them out. Yeah right....told him to send the spindles back along with the magic balljoints....i just hope i don't have to buy new shocks, the rear set he sent were wrong as well. he is suppose to make good on them as well....
Old 12-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

EDIT: slow typer here,...
I guess I don't understand what happened.
Is the spindle wrong or the balljoint?

It use to be,... that the only drop spindle you could buy was a 73-87 drop spindle.

Then companies started making 60-62, 63-70, and 71-72 drop spindles.
Here lies the problem.
I assume they only cast one drop spindle.
Then each specific "year" spindle get drilled and reamed for the correct balljoints and outer tie rods.
If all these different spindles were thrown in a pile,... I couldn't tell you which was which.

I wish the spindle companies would stamp or cast the "correct year" of the spindles on the spindle itself.
Then you have human error that puts the wrong spindle in the wrong box, or ship out the incorrect spindle to begin with.
I'm not defending CPP, because I have had issues with them myself,... just trying to understand what you are going thru.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 12-03-2010 at 04:07 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
lo72
Truck Junkie

I measured the taper on the stock spindle and the dropped one. it was about .250 larger on the top. I asked the rep if they measured them . he said no because they fit the ball joint...i knew then i was screwed!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
lo72
Truck Junkie

Basically the taper on the top of the spindle is too big and the ball joint needs at least 2 washers for the nut to contact the cotter pin. The ball joint goes in too deep. If there is a special ball joint it should be part of the kit or at least named so the buyer can be aware
Old 12-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
lo72
Truck Junkie

I replaced all the joints and tie rod ends
Old 12-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo72 View Post
I replaced all the joints and tie rod ends
Sounds like you got the wrong upper balljoint to me, and the CORRECT drop spindle.
Did the outer tie rod fit correctly?

Convert to disc brakes.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

I assume your truck has the original ball joints?
Or are you changing them with this spindle swap?
I thought the 73-87 balljoints were the largest.

Convert to disc brakes.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
spudz

too bad you couldnt have wrote on them or something so you know you get the same ones back.. For all you know he is swapping out your wrong ones for right ones.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #15
DubDubU

Not sure if this applies to an upper, but on my 79 c10 the lower ball joint has a narrower top than the ball joint for a c20/30. In my case the i was given a 3/4 ton ball joint and it wouldnt fit in my 1/2 ton spindle. Oreillys shows different moog part number for the 1/2 vs 3/4.
If i was told correctly the arms are the same but the spindles and ball joints are different.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
lilpoindexter

I bought moog ball joints and they fit super well into my summit racing drop spindles
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #17
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......I guess maybe you can add another member to your problem!

I bought drop spindles this spring or summer...and finally got them in a few months ago. I thought it was wierd when the upper ball joint threads came so far into the spindle that....I had to use a washer so that the castle nut could actually contact the cotter pin in a way that it would lock the castle nut. Here's the deal tho. I bought not only drop spindles from CPP, I also bought lower ball joints that I installed into my lower control arms...and...CPP's '71-'72 tubular upper control arms. These control arms come with the upper ball joints already installed!

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #18
thepenguin99

lol, moved to a nice little corner where nobody will read the post again. How convenient.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #19
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepenguin99 View Post
lol, moved to a nice little corner where nobody will read the post again. How convenient.

I didn't move it.
I'd actually like this to stay in the "Suspension Section" until this gets resolved.
I'm sure it got moved to the "review board",... because this has happened before with CPP.

Convert to disc brakes.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #20
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepenguin99 View Post
dude rethink your attitude.

Your not the only one with an issue with this company. Post in the proper area that folks DO use and your stuff wont get moved. The site has separate sections for a reason.

Hopefully Jeff will fix your issue. The list of cpp sucks posts is getting ridiculous. From personal experience I think there are issues they need to tend to. Hope it all works out for you. Let me know if you need any assistance... but dont be a butt about it.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #21
thepenguin99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
dude rethink your attitude. Your not the only one with an issue with this company. Post in the proper area that folks DO use and your stuff wont get moved. The site has separate sections for a reason.

Hopefully Jeff will fix your issue. The list of cpp sucks posts is getting ridiculous. From personal experience I think there are issues they need to tend to. Hope it all works out for you. Let me know if you need any assistance... but dont be a butt about it.
You are aware you quoted my post then replied like I am the OP when I am not right?
Old 12-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #22
lo72
Truck Junkie

Ok children let's play nice. Liz sorry about the comments. This board is a big help to us all and we need it. I posted in the wrong forum. There is a problem with CPP I just wasn't aware how many have had issues with them . Lesson learned. Sorry I made the original post .None however were directed to this board or it's management
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #23
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo72 View Post
Ok children let's play nice. Liz sorry about the comments. This board is a big help to us all and we need it. I posted in the wrong forum. There is a problem with CPP I just wasn't aware how many have had issues with them . Lesson learned. Sorry I made the original post .None however were directed to this board or it's management
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
I am sorry I came across harsh on your end of the reply. I was pissy over the bs comment after. Not an excuse, but how it was. I do apologize for being hateful in my reply to your part.

Anytime you have an issue with a board vendor, please post it in the review area. What folks do not realize is this area emails the admins everytime there is a post made. That way we can try to keep up with any issues going on.

Thanks and again sorry
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I have a ton of CPP parts Ive collected a little bit at a time as finances have allowed. I'm finally starting the chassis after a million false starts. All these threads have me worried =(

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am well aware of whom I qouted and why. As well as whom started the thread and the issues. But thank you for asking and enjoy the rest of your weekend.