The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
nikwho

Thumbs down I feel like I got ripped off by Custom Classic Trucks Magazine!

Well, last year a co-worker and friend bought a '66 Chevy truck that he is in the process of restoring. He loved my '58 project and started a project of his own. I think that he is on the forum here now. Anyway, we worked at the same fire house so he was always reading my Custom Classic Trucks Mags. For christmas I bought him a gift subscription to the magazine. Well, they took it upon themselves to charge my card again to re-up his subscription! That is all fine and good and easily resolvable. The problem is, that I keep a totally seperate bank account for "fun money". The bank account that I buy car parts, guns and what-not out of. When its empty, I don't buy anything, or I save up for parts in this account. Well, CCT mag decided to take money out that I didn't know was going to come out and they tried to pull it out when my "fun money" account was tapped (due to buying my paint for my '67 Pontiac). So, not only did they pull $18 out that was not authorized, I got hit with a $30 NSF fee! So, they got me for $48 that I had to cover out of our personal account. Not enough to break us by any means, but wrong! So, they have been stringing me along for the past few weeks, making me fax proof that my account overdrafted and what not, and nothing! I feel pretty angry about it. I will not renew MY subscription now. Certainly will not renew my friends. I just thought that it was wrong! I have never had any magazine(and I subscribe to A LOT of mags!) automatically take money out of my account. I never signed up for automatic renewal. Anyway, I just thought that I would vent here. Watch out if you get a subscription from them! Make sure you have money to cover another a year later!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: I feel like I got ripped off by Custom Classic Trucks Magazine!

It's posted clearly on their website:

https://www.circsource.com/store/Sub...rceCode=I8ABNN

Quote:
Credit Card Preferred Renewal Program: Credit Card subscribers, we will continue to renew your Source Interlink subscription at the guaranteed low rate, without interruption, unless you tell us to stop. We will send you a notice with a toll-free number (800-759-5540) to call, if you wish to cancel, before we charge your card. For international callers please dial 386-447-6385. We ask that you notify us when your email has changed so that you will receive the email notification. You may cancel at any time during your subscription and receive a full refund on all unmailed issues by visiting our online customer service center or by calling the toll-free number above. If we are unable to charge your credit card, we will bill you directly instead. Please print a copy of this order form for your records. !
Sorry man, you have to be careful with stuff now a days, it's actually your fault. That's why I always do "bill me later" with magazines and pay with checks.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-12-2012 at 10:12 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
nikwho

No. It's not my fault. It was a gift subscription. Totally different. They are not supossed to renew a gift subscription.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I guess I miss understood, but if you paid with a cc, wouldn't your subscription been up for renewal? Did they renew both or just your friends?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
nikwho

Well, interestingly, I didn't get charged for my subscription. I had not thought about that. But, I'm thinking I went 2 or 3 years out when I ordered mine. I'm thinking I will cancel mine though. The times that I have been on the phone with customer service has been awful. The first lady that I spoke to was kind and acted as though she cared to help resolve this. She had me fax in the NSF notice from my bank and said she would handle it. I was told that both the $18 for the mag AND the $30 fee would be returned. She totally understood. It has been completely different since. Very short and very rude. One guy told me that it was my problem if I didn't have money in my account! I thought that was a very bizarre thing to say to a customer.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
rambler
MOVE OVER

thats why I dont subscribe to any magazines anymore, heck my mother gave me a Reader's Digest gift subscription, after 6 months, kept getting renewal notices,, and even though I had a year left they wanted me to renew.. and one other time I got auto-renewed. so just dont subscribe anymore. now the ones, I like,, e.g. LMC or Harbor Freight to look at tools and stuff,, I keep getting, "If I dont order again, I wont get anymore" LOL. go figure..
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
nikwho

Yeah, I think im done with magazine subscriptions. Thats bad business to me, trying to force you to re-subscribe and word it like they are doing you the favor and saving you the hassle of renewing. I'm pissed. I don't let my accounts overdraft. It's very annoying.