The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

Re: CPP Grand Slam Kit

ECE all the way!

I bought the Grandslam from CPP and had nothing but problems, missing items, bad parts, poor quality, and bad customer service.

My buddy bought the same kit from ECE about a month later. Everything was high quality, great service, no issues at all.

Just google CPP and you will find tons of people that have had problems with CPP. Try the same with ECE and nothing but great reviews.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
pdxhall

chevyguys, I would like to have more specifics on your quality and bad parts issues. I had no problems whatsoever with mine. Maybe I missed something.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
chevyguys, I would like to have more specifics on your quality and bad parts issues. I had no problems whatsoever with mine. Maybe I missed something.
Overall I had a horrible time purchasing from CPP. There were many problems with the order that I won't go into as it would be more suited for the review section. However, If you look up my posts you will find several comments in the review section from me regarding my experience with CPP.

As far as the question goes regarding quality I had the following problems:

1. The rotors they sent had casting material left in them. Think of it as small metal bb's or metal sand. An attempt was made to clean it out but it just kept chipping off of the inside of the hub on the rotor.

2. One of the rotors was not machined on the outside edge of the hub, which would have kept the dust cap from seating on the rotor.

Because of the other problems I had I just threw the rotors away and bought new ones from my local checker auto parts store. I had no desire to Ideal with them any more

3. I ordered new lower a-arms. One of the caps of the cross shaft was cross threaded and destroyed on one of the a-arms

4. All of the bearings and seals were in a single bag and not protected in any way. Think of it like a clear zip-lock with all of the bare parts thrown in. One of the bearings was damaged (outer ring bent)

When my buddy received his ECE kit everything was name brand, Raybestos, Moog, etc. All bearings and seals were in separate boxes and were quality parts.

The stuff I purchased from CPP were of the "bulk" or "china" type of products.

I also had a problem with their power brake booster. The booster they sell for our trucks does not have a dust boot to seal the pushrod as it goes through the firewall (if you search my posts you will see pictures of this problem as well) this leads to a huge amount of heat and water coming through the hole. I eventually found a boot from another supplier. CPP offered to provide a boot that they had under development to solve the problem.. a year later and checking back twice.. the boot is still not available.

All that said.. I see that CPP has many followers and in all fairness this is just one order from them. During this process with CPP I did a lot of research on them and found lots of unhappy customers online. As I mentioned before just google them.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
Desert.Chevy

I found a oldie but goodie thread, as I am looking for a Good quality company for my lowing truck parts or kit, I thought I'm bringing this one to the top.

I have recently been told by a few different members on here that CPP is a good company to buy from. I would to hear all I can from everyone that has bought from them any good and bad info also with what you bought before I choose where to buy. Also info a the best company you Know of.

Thank you.
Desert.Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #5
YBNORML

The only company I would use for traditional lowering parts is ECE, Early Classic Enterprises. Parts are top notch and their service is excellent. I have only dealt with CPP a few times, their service was crappy but the parts were decent.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
thelonerife

x2
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Desert.Chevy

Cool, thanks for the info guys.

I hope to hear more before I choose where to buy.
Desert.Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
leddzepp

I buy all my suspension stuff from CPP and have zero complaints. There is no difference between their static drop components and the ones sold by ECE. The difference is when you have something shipped. CPP can't seem to ship the right parts most of the time, and apparently they have poor customer service when people try to rectify the situation. I live down the street from CPP and there are no problems buying at the counter. Obviously you are having your stuff shipped, so I would go with ECE.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote