The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
TexasK5

Thumbs down Oldscool Wheel (Coys) - disappointed

So after shopping and checking and even finding out what I could get from Discount, I decided on 18" Coys C-5. Having read a number of threads on here about fitment issues with Coys and Boss wheels, I sent an e-mail to Oldscool wheel asking if the fitment issues had been resolved. Respose was "Call us direct to order. My wheels fit without issues" so I did. I called, they said they had what I wanted in stock (18x9.5 and 18x8 both 5x5). So a couple of weeks go by and no e-mail confirmation (they said they would send one when I ordered over the phone), so I called again to see what was going on. Response was wheels were just coming out of the machine shop and would ship that day or the next. I said machine shop? For what, I thought these were in stock. He says they have to drill the stud holes, OK I figure, they get blanks and drill them for the right pattern. Wheels arrive a couple days later and noooo, they don't get blanks, they get 5x4.75, drill them out with larger holes on the 5x5 pattern and install inserts. Seemed odd to me, but I did some more research and I guess I just missed the fact that they have been doing this as a result of the poor support from the Chinese wheel supplier, funny how Orem, UT is on the website, but Made in China is all over the wheels.
So I get comfortable with the weird bolt hole offset thing and check the fit. Wheels fit fine - very little clearance between the center hole on the rears and the end of the axle - almost line to line, but they do fit. The center caps, however DO NOT fit on the front. The end of the brake rotor and dust cap prevent the center cap from fitting - probably about 1/4" to 3/8" gap. So much for "My wheels fit without issues". Send another e-mail questioning the previous statement, after a couple of e-mails back and forth, found out they make spacers and/or taller center caps to fix this issue that I thought they didn't have. E-mail from them said spacers would be on the way no charge. 4 weeks went by with no spacers, so I call. This guy can't find any record of the e-mails even though I tell him the date and time and offer to send him the e-mails back. No problem he says, I will send spacers, you will have them Wednesday. That conversation was on 4/19, Wednesday was 4/24, now it's 4/26 and still no spacers!
I guess I will have to make something myself because I don't expect to get anything from them.
Just wanted to provide a heads up to anyone thinking about these to let you know what to expect.
Attached Images

TexasK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Oldscool Wheel (Coys) - disappointed

Yep,... It's a know problem with Coys.
Among other issues.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=407944
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
TexasK5

Yeah, that's what I need, has anyone ever gotten any from Oldscool?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
calvin78612

Sorry to hear about the wheels,but that is one nice looking blazer !
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
TexasK5

Well, lo and behold, the UPS man brought some spacers to the door today. Not sure why they have countersunk holes (they are spacers, not caps, right?) but they arrived and the price was right. The wait was ridiculous though.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
logansdad

This was sent to David Coy OWNER OF COYS WHEELS

After waiting since a February pre-order for a set of 22 inch smoothie wheels I was expecting to see what I thought I had ordered. I also at time of pre-order asked several times, both calling and emailing to see what the wheels would look like with the spider caps because that was the look I wanted. I requested an invoice several times since I put the deposit on the wheels and never received one till I actually paid for the whole order. When I actually got the first invoice I didn't understand why the bolt pattern was wrong and asked for it to be corrected even going as far as to write on the invoice the correct bolt pattern of 5 on 4.5 for the ford 9 inch rear and 5 on 5 for the front. Finally after phone call after phone call and emails and messages on Facebook you corrected that portion. I was never aware that my wheels would not have the spider caps. Then to be told by you that I was trying to get something done for free is a slap in the face. I would have gladly paid the extra fee if I would have been aware of it. People who build a hot rod like mine and order $1500 wheels arent worried about $200 more dollars. I was so excited to be getting the wheels even posting a picture of it on your facebook on my lift waiting for the wheels last week. This is unacceptable customer service. If you dont know already more and more people are finding this out about your companys lack of customer service. You ebay rating has two recent horrible reviews and also the credit card company said youve had other disputes with them. If you type in Google "coys wheels bad review" its kinda depressing . Just some friendly advice from a business to business owner you may want to change the way you treat the people who pay for things that are not a need and also have several other companies for options like yours. On that note I can't wait for when the delmo wheels are on my unique ride and grace the magazine covers I'll be sure to send you a copy.

Very unhappy customer
1991 gmc syclone
1987 c10 silverado
"Hey lifted 4x4 guy does your truck know what mud is"
"Every inch you go up is an inch you don't have"
logansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

The people who's wheels they copied don't seem to have these issues. I'll stick with buying old school wheels from an old school company

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote