The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #26
Lemield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyworld
Geez, I just want the two catalogs my son and I ordered over two months ago!

And trying to actually speak with a real person on their 800 number is just not gonna happen.

Bradleyworld
Hey Bradleyworld,

Did you order their catalog from the website? I got mine from there and it came FAST.

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #27
john
member #16

I bought all of my parts from LMC 9yrs ago before I knew of any other vendors or this board and had nothing but good service from them. I never had to return a part. Since then I buy all my parts from board vendors. My 2 cents. John
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #28
chevytruckfan
Account Suspended

I deal with Ed a Mothertruckers. Like alot of MO and Kansas members with LMC, I am less than 70 mi from ed's shop. I can honestly say that Ed is a true car guy. Everytime I go he is there working in his shop so he knows what he is talking about and can actually give advice when you run into a problem. It also helps when he has some of the lowest prices. So I will continue to get all my parts from MOTHERTRUCKERS!!!
chevytruckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #29
slingin mud
Mark

I have ordered form LMC about a dozen times and yes the counter lady done know her azz from a hole in the ground. but, I have never had a order come back wronge.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #30
87 Shortwide

I just recently picked up complete SWB bedsides and inner front fenders for my '87 and it was all nice stuff. It helps that their warehouse is only about 2 hours from me, so I just picked them up and saved on freight and damaged parts due to freight.

Project: 87 GMC shortwide, About to get a little boost
87 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #31
Rodder4hire

Having worked a phone order line for several years - Bakers Auto (Lincoln parts) - there is NO EXCUSE for having cluless phone operators. It doesn't take too much training to get up to speed, and that person answering your phone (knowledgeable or clueless) is the face and voice of your company. Take a little pride and effort and do it right.

All this stuff about LMC and Chevy Duty is making me nervous -is there ANYONE out there who knows what they are doing?
Rodder4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #32
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

I've ordered through them a few times and have had no problems...usually when i needed parts i couldn't get at the auto parts store. Their catalog is great, but prices on most stuff is really high....especially their engine parts...they go for about twice what you could get them through Summit for. I wonder if anyone actually buys them at their horrendous prices.
IMO LMC is OK, but i'd rather buy from a board vendor where i can get stuff cheaper and the person who i am talking to knows about these trucks.
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #33
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I live about 40 miles from Front Royal Va. where Athey's Classic Truck Parts is located. Bill Athey knows these trucks from the ground up. I've seen him get parts that you could spend a couple years hunting down. His prices are fair and he is a good down home guy to deal with. http://www.s-c-t-p.com

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 06-28-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:01 PM   #34
pickemup

Talking

ive had very good results with lmc . every order comes in a week.
im happy with them . everything is there and in good shape boxs are well packed. no complaints.
pickemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #35
jesse977

EVERYTHING I have bought from LMC was CRAP! I bought a glovebox that was total crap..the plastic was thin and cheap. When I got it in the mail it was cracked (no suprise) I called LMC and they sent another. Guess what? It was also cracked! I bought some grill trim and it was cheap metal with plastic screws..total crapolla. I rather spend all day at the junkyard in the summer heat than order from LMC.
jesse977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #36
mbgmike

I bought a windshield gasket for a 1985 chev pickup and could not get the glass in. So i called Binswager Glass they came out and they couldn't get in either.They have been in business since 1947. I took it to their shop and they used another brand gasket and it popped right in like it should. LMC's mirrors for 1981 to 1987 are crap also. they don't fit good. they are stainless but they don't slide over the inner housing easily if you have three hands it would be easier. the gaskets are hard plastic that don't conform to the body. I HAVE bought some stuff that was ok in all fairness. I would still buy from them but only certain items. As far as the person who takes the order I don't expect anyone who answers the phone to take orders to know anything. That way I am not dissapointed. I bought stainless steel brake lines from a major supplier that advertises in all the car magazines The guy who took the order sounded like he was the guy who knew everything about my application. when they came in 3months there wasn't even enough line to go from front to back and the lines from the booster were straight and not even bent.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote