The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
MisterMan
Account Suspended

never ever ever again!!!!

so i ordered my parts and they arrived today.... purple hornies, 3" in, 3" out...headman "hedders"....." out also... the shipping was horrible (fed ex) threw them around, all dented..... and they baggaged them while still wet /w/ paint!!!!!!!! wtf!!!??? not just the headers, but the glasspacks also... then even painted them w/ the stickers on them!!!!!!!!!! horrible!!!!.... so now i got to remove the dents outta the collector (get a nice seal) and repaint!!! (im a perfectionist) never again will i order from jegs.com....

beware!!

--den
MisterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
bigjimzlll

Re: never ever ever agan!!!!

I just ordered 30 dollars worth of stuff from jegs.....total price was almost 45. 10.95 handling plus 2.95 rural surcharge??????I've ordered tons from them in the past...but thats rediculous

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Can't blame Jeg's for paint and packaging. They don't make the stuff, they just sell the stuff. They way they packed them in the shipping boxes is another thing.

That being said, I still prefer Summit Racing.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #4
cdowns

i never liked jegs they're sort of a last resort for me #1 speedway motors #2 summit between those two they get about 96% of my business
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
BigMike

Dude, that blows! I have only ordered my Painless wiring harness from them because they were the best price plus free shipping. It's kinda hard to damage a wiring harness in shipping, I was happy with them. I am skeptical about buying large metal parts without seeing them first after visiting the Truck and Car Shop in Orange...Every part (hood, grilles fenders, bumpers, etc...) looked like Stevie Wonder hand made them, warped like mad, not a straight panel among them.

Sorry to go off track....

Have you tried contacting them? Even though they do not make the parts, only sell them, they are still responsible for the quality of that product. Try letting them know about the paint thing, can't hurt.

Mike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Psycho71

Summit just has a jacked up website! That's why I use jegs. I haven't ordered anything bulky from them yet, and haven't experienced any problems yet. Thanks for the heads up. But yeah, wet paint aint their fault, just everything else.

Jay

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!

Last edited by Psycho71; 07-14-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: never ever ever again!!!!

I'll have to disagree there. Eight + years and well over $15k later, and I've never had a problem finding anything on their site, nor have I ever had a problem placing the order. However, their site is not very Netscape friendly, and I need to use Explorer to order.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Keep in mind that they may never have handled the parts.Many times parts are drop shipped from the manufacturer so that the seller does not have to stock thousands of parts for various applications.Jegs may not even know the parts arrived in the condition they did.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #9
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

I love Jegs. I got one of those black plastic racing seats for my buggy once for FREE! They never charged us for it. (worth 35 bucks or so)

Also we use UPS. Never have had a broken part because of shipping yet. They UPS guy for our route is a good guy too. Every time he comes down, him and my dad shoot the bull for close to a half an hour. Pretty funny IMO.

Last edited by JAKES 68GMC; 07-14-2006 at 09:56 PM.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I've only had them ship stuff to me a few times while I was in Tx, now it's a walkin in type deal for me. The few items I had sent, were packed, handled and built right.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #11
bigfredtn

Location: West TN (Memphis area) now. East TN (my favorite place to live).

If the package was damaged during shipping you should have refused the order.
If you have any problems with a order from Jegs, call them and let them know. I am sure they will replace any defective part.

I have ordered 2k-3k from Jegs. I have one issue. I ordered a B&M pro ratchet shifter. When I open the box, a spring fell out of the box. I thought that it was a spare spring. It was the spring for the ratchet. Called Jegs customer service, they overnighted me a new shifter.

I also ordered a set of Hedman Elite headers from Jegs. The packing was great. It came in the Hedman Box. It took 2 people to remove the headers from the box.
62 Chevy Impala
98 GMC Yukon
1970 Ford Mustang Fastback I know its a Ford.
bigfredtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #12
MisterMan
Account Suspended

the only reason im keping the products is due to me needing them then and now. it really sucks to be reling on some one and needing that part hen and there, only to recieve a defective part!!!!

"...And yes, even though they do not make the parts, only sell them, they are still responsible for the quality of that product." -- YES !!! THATS THE ONLY REASON IM MAD, TO SELL A CRAPPY PRODUCT MAKES THEM IN TURN LOOK BAD!!!

oh well, hammering it out will give me something to do, along /w/ repainting them!! .... im so going to loose like 5 hp. hahahahahah
Old 07-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #13
Daubs

Ordered some stuff from Jegs. No problems with shipping or product quality. Sorry to hear your bad experience. You might try giving their customer service a call.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
Joe67
67 is sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMan
so i ordered my parts and they arrived today.... purple hornies, 3" in, 3" out...headman "hedders"....." out also... the shipping was horrible (fed ex) threw them around, all dented..... and they baggaged them while still wet /w/ paint!!!!!!!! wtf!!!??? not just the headers, but the glasspacks also... then even painted them w/ the stickers on them!!!!!!!!!! horrible!!!!.... so now i got to remove the dents outta the collector (get a nice seal) and repaint!!! (im a perfectionist) never again will i order from jegs.com....

beware!!

--den
Did you try contacting them and give them a chance to make things right before slamming them here?

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:23 PM   #15
bigfredtn

Location: West TN (Memphis area) now. East TN (my favorite place to live).

There is no way that I would put a defective part on my truck. I have paid too much money for my parts. Hedman headers are not cheap, I would have taken sent them back for some new ones.
62 Chevy Impala
98 GMC Yukon
1970 Ford Mustang Fastback I know its a Ford.
bigfredtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #16
incoma

Any of you guys know about Norther Auto Parts out of Iowa? I've ordered lots of stuff from them, always cheap and always on time. I have also ordered from Midwest Auto. They're not quite as price competitive but good parts as well.
incoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #17
krue
Designated A-hole!

I'm gonna move this to the review board.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
67chevy2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by big.mike
Dude, that blows! I have only ordered my Painless wiring harness from them because they were the best price plus free shipping. It's kinda hard to damage a wiring harness in shipping, I was happy with them. I am skeptical about buying large metal parts without seeing them first after visiting the Truck and Car Shop in Orange...Every part (hood, grilles fenders, bumpers, etc...) looked like Stevie Wonder hand made them, warped like mad, not a straight panel among them.

Sorry to go off track....

Have you tried contacting them? Even though they do not make the parts, only sell them, they are still responsible for the quality of that product. Try letting them know about the paint thing, can't hurt.

Mike
I have ordered almost all my metal for my cab through the Truck and Car Shop and was happy with it until my inner lower door patch panels. I held them up to the door and they weren't even close. Needless to say I will now be buying my parts from board vendors. I guess I shouldn't say all parts were good my passanger side floor pan never did fit right, it looks like crap but you won't realy be seeing it so I wasn't to P O'd. Does anyone know where they get their parts from?
'71 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4
‘71 GMC 1/2 ton 2wd suburban
67chevy2wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #19
chops333

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy2wd
I have ordered almost all my metal for my cab through the Truck and Car Shop and was happy with it until my inner lower door patch panels. I held them up to the door and they weren't even close. Needless to say I will now be buying my parts from board vendors. I guess I shouldn't say all parts were good my passanger side floor pan never did fit right, it looks like crap but you won't realy be seeing it so I wasn't to P O'd. Does anyone know where they get their parts from?
at the charlotte show the guy told me they make all there own stuff as far as sheet metal everthing i looked at looked decent but you just cant see the fit most of the time but price wise very competitive jmho chops
chops333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #20
MisterMan
Account Suspended

me and my dad have placed orders, simple orders, like air filters, chrome items, everytime, something was wrong. finally i said screw it, hammered out the dents, striped the stock paint and repainted them /w/ some 1,200 degree paint. ill never go back to them tho...... thanks for all your personal thoughts.....

--den
Old 07-18-2006, 03:56 AM   #21
blaserman

Before slamming them try contacting them with your problem, I'm sure they will try and make it better. I have been ording items from them for the last 10 years and any problems they have taken care of.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Sounds like Jegs never touched then,they were drop-shipped from maker to you.The maker must have been behing in production.Probably the reason for Jegs not having them in stock and reason for packing while paint wasn`t cured.They should have been packed so FedEx wouldn`t have damaged them.I wouldn`t worry about that paint,though.The first thing I`ve done for years is blast that crap off and put a good coating,even VHT paint,before installing.The crap they use just burns off and no prime or prep so they scratch-up while installing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #23
mbgmike

I used to live in columbus I remember when Jeg Coughlin opened his first shop. I was a teenager and I owed my dad like $500.00. Instead of paying him back I went and bought $600.00 or so in performance parts for my car. I came home and he saw all that stuff got pissed and said I had to pay him off before I could install that stuff and sent me back to Jeg's to get my money back. Kind of embarrasing but Jeg took them back and laughed when he found out my dad wouldn't let me keep them. I never had any problem with them but not every company is perfect all the time.

Last edited by mbgmike; 07-31-2006 at 08:28 PM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #24
bryanw1968

I do everything I can to purchase local. I'm fortunate enough to have an awesome performance shop in Austin, Texas(Austin Performance)

I've ordered from jegs and summit and have had similar experiences with both. One time(no not at band camp ), I placed an order for a buncha stuff and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. I finally called back and they said that they were back ordered for 2 months. Thanks for the call to let me know! Summit has done the same thing. And God forbid you need technical advice. If you do, call the company who actually makes the product you're dealing with.

bryanw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 AM   #25
junkyardjohn

I've Called The Tech-line At Summit 3 Or 4 Times Over The Last 10 Years, & Have Found Their Tech.s To Be Knowledgable, Helpful, Curtyest & Friendly. They Get My Bussiness. John
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote