The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
67HEAVEN
www.67HEAVEN.com

Thumbs down LMC -- What's up???

On Saturday, December 8th, I phoned in a $1,500 "first time" order to LMC Truck for my recently acquired 1989 Silverado. I was told that I'd receive a phone call within 24 and 48 business hours confirming shipping charges, and then the shipment would commence.

Today, six days later, and in spite of three additonal phone calls trying to get information, I'm no further ahead, and the order isn't shipped.

On Thursday, I was told by someone in Customer Service that he'd get the shipping department to contact me. Yeah, right. It's late Friday evening. No call.

They did, however, manage to accept an additonal $350 add-on to the order last Tuesday...........but still no shipping charge info.

Is this normal procedure with LMC? As a first time customer, I'm puzzled, to say the least.

All I want to do is spend some money. Very puzzling.
67HEAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
62 short step

Re: LMC -- What's up???

I've heard of others having trouble also. I've ordered many times with no problems.
62 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

thats why i hate dealing with catalogue companies customer service is zero

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

check the review board area of this site. There are several posts about LMC there
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
jeffspower
Well, Whoop-dee-do!

I'm lucky in being close enough that I just go pick my stuff up at their "local orders" counter, located right in the warehouse. I at least get to deal with "parts store" type people that have somewhat of a clue about customer service, and handle the parts directly. Call- in orders for shipment come into their corporate building at another location, and are handled by people that know NOTHING. It's sad that they don't seem to have anyone taking care of business there. I think it must be owned by a group of investors that are only involved with watching that their profits are on target. You would think that profits would slide from PO'd customers going elsewhere, but just like Walmart, the machine keeps running

'72 K20 500 Cad/TH400/NP205 SOLD

'92 Chevy 2500 6.5 mech TD 4L80E crusty daily driver

'72 Monte Carlo... sweet low mile toy

'11 Dodge Challenger IE 392 6spd... midlife car
jeffspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

LMC has sucked for YEARS
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Sir Fisher

you know i've just ordered from there $1700 worth of stuff and i got it in 4 days, 3 boxes full of stuff... the same day i ordered $1500 worth of stuff from brothers and i have yet to hear anything back from them, except that they've recieved my order. and when they plan to ship it??? i have no clue... and neither do they. and this is the fisrt time that i've ordered from both these places.
2003 Honda Accord EX
2001 Hewes Redfisher 16 Fighting Lady Yellow

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=324118
Sir Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Arrow Re: LMC -- What's up???

Call 'em and cancel the order and i'll bet you will get all kind's or attention from them.

Iv'e ordered from them many times and never once have i had any prob's. but most of my orders are under 200 bux. if that has anything to do with it but i doubt it.

It seems that more and more guy's here are reporting prob's with LMC.

Remember it's Christmas time and they are probably geting alot of orders and all the shipping Co's are operating at there max capacity so be patient.

Good luck.

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 AM   #9
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

it seems the small orders i have made in the past went well..with out any problems...but the bigger the order,the bigger the mistake.....
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 AM   #10
67HEAVEN
www.67HEAVEN.com

The problem with some of the other suppliers being mentioned above is that they don't sell parts for the '88-'98 generation. I have an '89.

The truck is sitting in the body shop waiting on parts........thus my concern about the clock ticking...ticking...ticking.

Must be nice to have so much business that they'll "get around to" an $1,800 order some day.
1967 Belair 2-door-post (project)
1967 Corvette 427/435 coupe (now 502/502 red road warrior)
Old 12-17-2007, 06:05 AM   #11
chip46wis

Tried dealing with LMC 3 times----not worth the hassle.
chip46wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:08 AM   #12
67HEAVEN
www.67HEAVEN.com

Well, I guess my money stays in Canada. Working with my local garage guy (on a Saturday morning even) we found sources for 80% of the items I had ordered from LMC. I should have worked with him from the beginning, but I honestly didn't think it would be easy to find what I wanted locally. I was wrong.

When you take into account shipping fees, UPS cross-border brokerage fees and time wasted, I actually came out ahead on the deal.

Now to call up and cancel the order (although after all this time they probably lost it anyway). Sorry LMC Truck. My money stays in my town.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #13
67HEAVEN
www.67HEAVEN.com

I just got off the phone with LMC. I said, "Hi, I'm calling to cancel an order please".

The nice young lady says, "Order number?"

I told her.

She asked for my name to verify the order.

I told her.

She said, "Okay, it's cancelled. Thanks for calling."

I said, "Are you at all curious why I'm cancelling?"

She said, "We get lots of cancelled orders when people find out how much the shipping charges are."

Sorry. I 'bout fell on the floor laughing.

"That's not why I'm cancelling", says me. "I'm cancelling because I DON'T know how much the charges will be after SEVEN days, and no one can tell me, in spite of four phone calls to your company."

"I'm sorry", she says.

Madness.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #14
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67HEAVEN View Post
I just got off the phone with LMC. I said, "Hi, I'm calling to cancel an order please".

The nice young lady says, "Order number?"

I told her.

She asked for my name to verify the order.

I told her.

She said, "Okay, it's cancelled. Thanks for calling."

I said, "Are you at all curious why I'm cancelling?"

She said, "We get lots of cancelled orders when people find out how much the shipping charges are."

Sorry. I 'bout fell on the floor laughing.

"That's not why I'm cancelling", says me. "I'm cancelling because I DON'T know how much the charges will be after SEVEN days, and no one can tell me, in spite of four phone calls to your company."

"I'm sorry", she says.

Madness.

This is a sign of: a) they are making to much $$$, b) they are getting to big, c) they need better and or more help.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #15
67HEAVEN
www.67HEAVEN.com

Please forgive another post in this thread, but I have an update.

Apparently the way to find out what the shipping charges are is to cancel.

Within 30 minutes Stephanie (a supervisor) called to tell me that the shipping charge information was available when I called to cancel and the employee should have told me what they were.

And a very Merry Christmas to you all.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #16
Billla
Account Suspended

Oh...my. Not sure what else to say after that increcible exercise in customer service by LMC. Talk about a missed opportunity to TALK to the customer and find out what they could do better...
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Why buy from them when you can get anything from the local Chevy dealer parts department.Go in and say you have a tall order and want the best price possible.LMC ain`t cheap and you pay shipping.I get 88-98 front fenders for $125.How much are theirs?I don`t know,but if they`re GM they can`t be that much cheaper.I went through this with 67-72 parts when the secondary market picked up in the`80s.You could order CST marker lights from Golden State,but I`d go to GM where they listed for $12 retail and with my discount they were $8.I couldn`t understand why people would buy from those places w/o checking the dealer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #18
68K20 x Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67HEAVEN View Post
Please forgive another post in this thread, but I have an update.

Apparently the way to find out what the shipping charges are is to cancel.

Within 30 minutes Stephanie (a supervisor) called to tell me that the shipping charge information was available when I called to cancel and the employee should have told me what they were.

And a very Merry Christmas to you all.
When I am canceling an order, I always like to know how much I just saved on shipping

84 Chevrolet Suburban K20 6.2 Banks turbo TH400/NP208 Now with G80

68 GMC C20 Parts? Truck

And a few cars
68K20 x Drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #19
BLE 'BURBAN
In the Forgotten far North.

:m5I: placed an online order with them back in April. All the parts showed to be readily in stock at the time I placed the order (10:00 pm Alaska Time !am their time) on a tuesday evening and had requested UPS BLUE LABEL (2nd day) shipping of the parts. My total came to around $167.00 including shipping. Ok, fine, no problem. I figured they are a large company & my order is coming in late in the evening(early morning) so I'll give them a day to verify stock on hand and pull the order then send it to shipping and recieving to be packaged up the next day to be shipped out late thursday for delivery to me on the following monday. RIght?
Monday comes and goes, no parts. Hmmm Tuesday-NADA. Wednesday-NADA! Thursday I call them and ask what the hold up is? I give them my order number and when they came back on they said the same thing about having to calculate the freight charge and that's why it was taking so long.
"Calculate freight charges!? Why? I was quoted freight charges already from your online website for a grand total of $164.00. What's to calculate?"
"Well sir you asked for UPS 2nd day shipping..."
"Yes I did"
"And since you live in Alaska the shipping is going to be more than you were quoted on our website."
"No it isn't. I was quoted this much and that is all I'm paying."
"No sir, If you want these parts shipped 2nd day air to Alaska you will have to pay an additional, (I think she said $56.00)
"Ok then how much to ship them UPS GROUND?"
"We don't ship GROUND to Alaska sir because you can't drive to Alaska."
WHAT!?!?!?!? LAdy put your supervisor on the phone."

I get put on hold and I am not hanging up. This dumb broad just p.o.'d the wrong guy.
15 minutes later her supervisor gets on the phone and says...
"Sir, the price you were quoted for shipping within the continental U.S. only"
"Do you know where Alaska is? Have you looked at a map of the North American Continent lately? Did you see water completly surrounding an island called ALASKA!? NO!!! UPS can AND DOES ship ground to Alaska all the time. You can drive to Alaska as well!!! People do it all the time on a road called the ALCAN HIGHWAY LADY!!! I was quoted this price on your website and that's all I'm willing to pay. And if you aren't going to honor the price quoted, then we CLEARLY hace a case of false advertising going on here which is highly illegal!!!!"
"Let me see what I can do sir. and I'll call you back shortly. your number is?"

I gave her my number, hung up and waited.

2 days later, my parts showed up. shipped 2nd day air as I had asked for the price I was quoted on the net. Never did get a call back from her though. And yeah I did record the whole conversation too.

That was the first & last time I did any dealings with them.
overhead console Stereo install Round 2 Aug 2009
Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade

Last edited by BLE 'BURBAN; 12-17-2007 at 11:46 AM.
BLE 'BURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #20
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

I live just down the road from LMC and with My truck club discount (over the counter ONLY), I just drive to their warehouse door and pick up what I want or need with an extra 10% off. There are some items from them that is substandard--due to the "Made Overseas program" but there are a lot of the items that are NO longer on the GM parts market and you have to buy from some place like LMC. They have swapped out some deficient items without question or cost change for me, that I would have not seen other outfits do, so they are not as bad as any other businesses are in the world. I even had a taillight set that was poorly assembled by their supplier and he gave me a brand new set and told me that he was sorry. These guys are open (at the counter) on Sundays and that makes my weekend projects easy to deal with.

By the way most of the other outlets sell the same items at the same cost that are made at the same oriental company and you are stuck with the same stuff.

Did you know that your insurance company will INSIST that the autobody repairs shops use overseas manufactured parts. If they don't the insurance company pulls jobs from them and forces the body shop to either do it their way or close down. Those parts come from places like LMC, Manes, or anyother place that sells the aftermarket products.

Last edited by piecesparts; 12-17-2007 at 12:13 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I also live very close to LMC and get a decent discount.It definitely makes a difference when you can go to their warehouse and look the item over in person.The parts counter guys have to look the parts up in their catalog,I always tell them what page to go to.They sell lots of parts,not just Chevy but Ford also.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #22
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
I also live very close to LMC and get a decent discount.It definitely makes a difference when you can go to their warehouse and look the item over in person.The parts counter guys have to look the parts up in their catalog,I always tell them what page to go to.They sell lots of parts,not just Chevy but Ford also.
This outlet sells parts for GM, Ford, and even eeeeegod Dodge. However, there is also a LMC foreign car parts outlet about four blocks over to their East and it has just as big of a warehouse for the European car market. The owner is not a struggling fellow. I met him at the LMC Truck warehouse once while he was giving some investors a tour of the place. He was showing them some items on the showroom floor that the company had just started selling. Being in mixed company, he must have felt that he had to ask me about the quality of a chromed fender well item and I let him know what I thought about it. Apparently I was a bit brutally honest about the finish. When I came back the next time the counter guy told me, that he pulled that set of items and had them redone. Apparently the guy will listen to the public. There is hope for a company like that. I do not understand the problems with their shipping, though.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #23
BLE 'BURBAN
In the Forgotten far North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post

Did you know that your insurance company will INSIST that the autobody repairs shops use overseas manufactured parts. If they don't the insurance company pulls jobs from them and forces the body shop to either do it their way or close down. Those parts come from places like LMC, Manes, or anyother place that sells the aftermarket products.

Yes but as the owner of said vehicle and the one paying the premiums to your insurance company YOU have the FINAL say so as to what will and will not be used on your vehicle to return it the way it was before an accident. Just like it is YOUR choice as to which body shop does the work not your insurance companies.
overhead console Stereo install Round 2 Aug 2009
Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade
BLE 'BURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #24
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Yeah its a huge complex.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Doesn`t everyone that doesn`t live near LMC have a Chevy dealer they can drive to and buy over the counter?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-17-2007 at 02:07 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote