The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #26
No3Fan4Ever
Running on empty

Re: LMC -- What's up???

I've had a couple of orders with them; no problem at all with any of them

We have two rules here at the Rock.
Rule #1: No writing on the walls.
Rule#2: Obey all rules

70 GMC Sierra Grande "Custom Camper" Longhorn 402 Big Block TH400 PS PB factory AC Posi;
94 Bronco XLT 302, auto;worn out daily driver

No3Fan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #27
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLE 'BURBAN View Post
Yes but as the owner of said vehicle and the one paying the premiums to your insurance company YOU have the FINAL say so as to what will and will not be used on your vehicle to return it the way it was before an accident. Just like it is YOUR choice as to which body shop does the work not your insurance companies.

If you insist on that requirement, it is the shop that takes the hit, not Mr. insurance guy. The Insurance company's used to back off when you insisted, but today they will go to the shop and force them to use the cheapo, vice the quality and for the most part, most drivers have no clue as to what the insurance company, that they have been giving their hard earned money to, has done to them. It is getting to be where the insurance companies will tell you where to go with your vehicle, you have to fight for the body shop that you want to use. I saw it happen just last week with a co-worker and her newer GM Tahoe. The local Ford Dealer's Body Shop is doing the work. Her own insurance company insisted on the shop, and it was not due to the others in the area being deficient in quality of work.
She actually wanted another shop to do the work, but they told her that the shop was theirs to choose, since it was their money, paying for the work. TIMES ARE CHANGING and we the public are the ones being affected.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #28
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Doesn`t everyone that doesn`t live near LMC have a Chevy dealer they can drive to and buy over the counter?

Don't get me wrong---LMC is not the answer to everything, but it is an alternative to absolutely NOTHING. A couple weeks ago while putting in a new fuel pump; I found that I also had a leaking fuel tank on my daily driver. The alternative was to get a used one from a salvage yard for about $85.00 and wait for several days for one to come in from another state. After calling around we found that there were none available in 100 miles. I called LMC and they had a new one for $135.00 and I could have it in my shop within 2 hours. I went and got it and by 3:00 PM the truck was on the road, with the new tank and a new GM/Delco fuel pump. There is always an alternative, but it is a choice to everyone. If the parts are available, I go to my local Chevy Dealer and buy the factory parts.

Last edited by piecesparts; 12-17-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #29
67HEAVEN
www.67HEAVEN.com

At the end of the process, I learned something about why their shipping calculations take so long. You may wish to sit down for this one.....

They pull the actual order (even though you may not have provided a credit card for billing yet) and package the order, and then weigh the order, and then calculate the shipping to your location.

Did you all read the above paragraph carefully? If not, please read it again. I'll wait.

I asked if they didn't have the shipping weight of each of their items on the computer so that they could easily generate a total shipping weight and shipping size at the time of order. The answer? NO.

According to the employee I talked to, these orders are pulled in the warehouse, packaged, and then weighed. The potential buyer is then notified about the charges and a great many decide to cancel the order......which requires the items to be returned to the shelving in the warehouse.

That procedure is just too stupid for words, so I'll just use a smiley.
1967 Belair 2-door-post (project)
1967 Corvette 427/435 coupe (now 502/502 red road warrior)

Last edited by 67HEAVEN; 12-17-2007 at 03:02 PM.
67HEAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #30
Deuce_0

Thumbs down Re: LMC -- What's up???

I know this is an old thread... but I have to voice my EXTREME displeasure with LMC as well. I have made 2 large orders for my rebuilt. The first one had damaged float for the under the bed gas tank, however I was able to "make it work". Now a dash pad that I ordered had damage to the internal mounts. A semi trained chimp would have known the product had a factory defect. With that said, after already paying 250.00 for shipping to Canada on a 550.00 order, I am not about to pay for shipping to send it back to them then pay for them to ship it back. Lately from everything I have been hearing is that seem they send their damaged goods to Canada because they know we will not pay for the returns. I consider it a pricey learing experiance. I have had luck with other companies in the US that are will even break an order up and ship it USPS.... HUGE SAVINGS.

- J

'05 Jetta TDI (need something economical)

'78 FJ40 (just because)
Deuce_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #31
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce_0 View Post
I know this is an old thread... but I have to voice my EXTREME displeasure with LMC as well. I have made 2 large orders for my rebuilt. The first one had damaged float for the under the bed gas tank, however I was able to "make it work". Now a dash pad that I ordered had damage to the internal mounts. A semi trained chimp would have known the product had a factory defect. With that said, after already paying 250.00 for shipping to Canada on a 550.00 order, I am not about to pay for shipping to send it back to them then pay for them to ship it back. Lately from everything I have been hearing is that seem they send their damaged goods to Canada because they know we will not pay for the returns. I consider it a pricey learing experiance. I have had luck with other companies in the US that are will even break an order up and ship it USPS.... HUGE SAVINGS.

- J
I am guessing that all of the outlets for truck parts are getting them from the same Overseas sources. You get the quality that you pay for. I found some good items at LMC and I have found some real fitment issues from them. The overseas sheetmetal is a lot thinner than the original, but there is no real source otherwise. I save on shipping, because they are just down the highway from me.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #32
larry may

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Why buy from them when you can get anything from the local Chevy dealer parts department.Go in and say you have a tall order and want the best price possible.LMC ain`t cheap and you pay shipping.I get 88-98 front fenders for $125.How much are theirs?I don`t know,but if they`re GM they can`t be that much cheaper.I went through this with 67-72 parts when the secondary market picked up in the`80s.You could order CST marker lights from Golden State,but I`d go to GM where they listed for $12 retail and with my discount they were $8.I couldn`t understand why people would buy from those places w/o checking the dealer.
special K- you have my respect and I do like your style.

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #33
larry may

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
I also live very close to LMC and get a decent discount.It definitely makes a difference when you can go to their warehouse and look the item over in person.The parts counter guys have to look the parts up in their catalog,I always tell them what page to go to.They sell lots of parts,not just Chevy but Ford also.

Eh Scott was trickey to find their street though . Seems I remember they skip a street number then have to drive a block or two round and about to get to their office ? Counter help was cool easy to talk with right in right out.

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:34 AM   #34
rod86
great southern land

hmm i just read all of this.... i just placed an order only bout 250 bucks.. been a week and i havnt heard from them... now i know y...

who here wants to go buy my order directly from them an ship it to me?

86 chevy c10 silverado
rod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:40 AM   #35
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

LMC = Lazy Man's Catalog

Most people get their catalog (Which is a awesome price source guide and pictorial)
and are overwhelmed and compelled to do business with them since they "Look like
experts". But then you order and have bad experiences, slow shipping, cheap parts,
etc ............. I have ordered from them in the past with no issues and I will use em
in a pinch. However that being said, I've never gotten a price from a Board Vendor
here that was higher than theirs. (Most of the time it was significantly lower) We all
have to learn things the hard way and alot of us here have done that w/ LMC. What
you take from that experience and move forward with from there is what counts.

PS - I still get their catalogs, like many others I receive, and just use it to keep my
personal Vendor here in check so that he continues to "Hook me up" with parts.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote