The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
wild94rm

Exclamation Lmc Parts Customer Service

I just got to tell everybody about this service I recieved from LMC truck. I ordered $1,200 dollars in parts and they got to me in 4days (free shipping). Unfortunatly both doors had very minor damage. They said I could keep the doors and they would send out new ones right away. They later that night I realized they forgot a pillar repair panel. I called again and the sales person took my info, but said I would have to call back during normal hours. Before I could call they called me and said it was on its way.

This is probably the best customer service I have ever recieved.
wild94rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: Lmc Patrs Customer Service

Excellent!

I also had a good experience with LMC regaring a damaged part. Other vendors that give excellent service that I've bought stuff from are GMCPaul's and and Manes Trucks.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Good to see someone post a good experience....usually only read about the bad deals
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I find it a little hard to believe they're letting you keep almost $600 in metal?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Out of all the LMC posts Ive seen there have been very very few positive ones. Plus with only one post, I have to agree with 67ChevyRedneck on this...odd.

Ill stick with the board vendors when I need something. With all the vendors we have I doubt there isnt anything they cant supply.
CG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
gn4u2c2
Account Suspended

Ihave never had any issues and I have bought from them 15-20 diffrent times. definatly not the cheepest but 3-4 days I always have everything I order/ They do one of the best packing jobs of any place I have ordered from. No I don't work there. JME
gn4u2c2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
6772KEVIN

Are you sure LMC is the place you are talking about.......ha ha I went to LMC one time and the kid at the desk didnt have a clue what I needed......I asked him if they had the part I needed...He looked at me and said "I dont know do we" he then reached down grabbed a catalog and gave it to me to find myself. I gave him the part number and he found it. I didnt buy it and I have never been back. I want to talk to someone who knows what parts they are selling.

Last edited by 6772KEVIN; 08-15-2008 at 11:37 AM.
6772KEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
blkboot

yes i have had good service out of them.i spent around 2100 dollars with them and i have it 3 to 4 days with free shipping
blkboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I find it a little hard to believe they're letting you keep almost $600 in metal?
this is the person's first post. they could be an LMC employee, you never know. not making accusations or anything. but ... you never know on the internet.

if anyone needs to read bad LMC experiences, there are more than a few over in the "Reviews" forum. go help yourself. i've seen enough bad experiences that i will never buy from them as long as i own a classic vehicle. one bad review is usually enough for me. 2-3 is a definite no-no. the two dozen i've read about here are enough to make me run like hell.

Classic Heartbeat, GMCPauls and Musclerodz get almost all of my business, and the shopping experience from all three have been amazing. all of them are board vendors who help to keep this forum alive, to boot.

nothing personal against LMC. i haven't had a direct shopping experience with them, so take my words with a grain of salt. but be sure to read other people's experiences, because i can tell you, if they're telling the truth, it ain't all good. a good vendor would have done everything known to man to make sure you got undamaged product.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 08-15-2008 at 02:11 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
dznucks

good eye shifty. you maybe right.

i bought some things from LMC. namely i bought the power window kit. they have replaced the entire kit four times due to the plastic gears stripping out. the last two time i didnt even ask for a replacement, i was looking for the supplier of the gears and their sizes. the LMC guy couldn't answer the questions so he sent me a new kit free of charge. never any problems. got two kits in storage.

just my experience.
dznucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I've ordered some stuff from them. Fast shipping and well packed. The one time I did have a problem with a windshield wiper switch, they mailed me one pretty quickly. They're website makes it pretty easy to order from as well. YMMV. I know I should order more stuff from the board vendors, I'm just getting lazy in my old age.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #12
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

i have ordered a lot of things from them........All pretty large orders and never had a problem......I hear the horror stories but its been all good for me.....And im no newbie..
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #13
ratpackv8sonly

Same here for me. I bought every part on my truck from LMC with no problems for about 10 years. Way befor I ever knew about this place. Its been about 2 years now since I have delt with them though. Last two years all my money has been going to my 69 Mini. The people I use for it are in northern Cali and they have been the best and again I here several people in the British car clubs complain about them so I guess its just good luck on my side (for once!)

Last edited by ratpackv8sonly; 08-15-2008 at 06:53 PM.
ratpackv8sonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
SkullCandy

They let me keep items that UPS damaged during shipping and sent new ones right away. They must get it a lot, shipping with the "brown turd".

Last edited by SkullCandy; 08-15-2008 at 06:57 PM.
SkullCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #15
big_al_71

I only spent about $400.00 on wednesday and I dont have a tracking number yet, I am giving them till monday then I will inquire if they have been shiped I have my fingers crossed. I did spend $1,400 with "Classic Part" on wednesday and they emailed me yesterday two tracking numbers parts should be here by tuesday...Makes me feel good that you guys have had good experience...Oh I forgat I also ordered from brothers trucks last month and had my parts in five days no issues!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #16
Senator350

i give two thumbs down for the original post's thumb up.

i have never been impressed with the people or the product at LMC
Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #17
Shyguy

Re: Lmc Parts Customer Service

I don't order a lot from LMC because I have a guy here locally that carries most what I need.

I have found that LMC's catalog is the best free reference book around.

Danny
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #18
stope4

I find the original posters comment about keeping doors a little hard to believe.

With that said, I've ordered parts from most Vendors recommended here and not, including LMC. I have had problems with orders but never with LMC. If there is a complaint with them, it's their customer service workers do not know anything about the parts. But, then again, before you order, you should do the research and make an informed decision. If that requires you to talk with someone, then LMC is not the place to go. If you have confidence in what you are ordering, then most places, including LMC, can be part of your vendor evaluation process.

Last edited by stope4; 08-16-2008 at 11:50 AM.
stope4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #19
frostie_122

nope great to me as well...
led taillights went out and they sent me the updated style and didnt want the olds ones back. did a 1500$ order and my customer changed his mind on some things and they let me return a bunch of it almost 8 mounths later w/ no questions.

great company.
frostie_122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
beautimus

well call me lucky, i guess, but i have always got good service from lmc.
as a matter of fact, i haven't had a bad experience with any of the board vendors either. (come to think of it, i actually had a couple of good experiences with the lone pine ripper. huh huh, uh, now i'm feeling sickly.)
Old 08-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #21
Ford Assassin

I have have order from LMC a few times, no issues. A buddy of mine order some window regulators for his K5 and one was damaged in shipping, they told him to keep the original item and send another one. No problems with the second shipment.

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #22
pquick

LMC has their shipping and orderand supply chain down to a science....their tech suppot SUCKS!they need to spend some money and hire an authority in the areas that they sell.....or one of us.....dream job....right now they might as well be selling george forman grills...and they wouldn't know how to plug it in.
pquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM   #23
Ford Assassin

I agree their tech blows, they couldn't even answer the most basic questions, kinda like going to AutoZone and asking for spark plugs and they ask if you have A/C or not.....

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:01 AM   #24
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Copy and pasted from thread below this one

LMC = Lazy Man's Catalog

Most people get their catalog (Which is a awesome price source guide and pictorial)
and are overwhelmed and compelled to do business with them since they "Look like
experts". But then you order and have bad experiences, slow shipping, cheap parts,
etc ............. I have ordered from them in the past with no issues and I will use em
in a pinch. However that being said, I've never gotten a price from a Board Vendor
here that was higher than theirs. (Most of the time it was significantly lower) We all
have to learn things the hard way and alot of us here have done that w/ LMC. What
you take from that experience and move forward with from there is what counts.

PS - I still get their catalogs, like many others I receive, and just use it to keep my
personal Vendor here in check so that he continues to "Hook me up" with parts.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #25
dan42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 View Post
Copy and pasted from thread below this one

LMC = Lazy Man's Catalog

Most people get their catalog (Which is a awesome price source guide and pictorial)
and are overwhelmed and compelled to do business with them since they "Look like
experts". But then you order and have bad experiences, slow shipping, cheap parts,
etc ............. I have ordered from them in the past with no issues and I will use em
in a pinch. However that being said, I've never gotten a price from a Board Vendor
here that was higher than theirs. (Most of the time it was significantly lower) We all
have to learn things the hard way and alot of us here have done that w/ LMC. What
you take from that experience and move forward with from there is what counts.

PS - I still get their catalogs, like many others I receive, and just use it to keep my
personal Vendor here in check so that he continues to "Hook me up" with parts.
I agree - the one thing that I like about LMC is that they have a picture of what you are buying and you know that's what you will get. I ordered cab mounts from Brother's and had to send them back - they only had about half the parts. I am visual in that I like to see what I buy, so I can be sure it's the right thing. LMC is pricey, though.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote