The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

Brothers gets my vote.......

.....for the worst e-tailer of the year.

Excuse my rant here but I just need to vent. I ordered multiple items and nearly $700 worth of parts from them over the past few weeks and here is the list of issues I have had so far...

Dash pad - warped but I will live with it(cause it costs so much money to ship this sized item back!!)
Heater controls - pure cheap garbage, rust on face, chipped chrome, scratched plastic knobs, sent back without question
Headlight switch - incorrect, sent back - twice(see below)
Under carpet sound deadening - whole truck stinks like tar paper, do not order, and just get some eDead45 from ebay!!
Sill plates - didn't come with screws(was suposed to), second package sent didn't include them either(was supposed to) - frustration builds
Tachometer conversion - in stock when ordered, but not shipped and now is still on backorder, going on 3 weeks+
Their Website seems broken, with no tracking info and previous order info - packages are on my doorstep without any notice/tracking info to me
Shipping costs Work with UPS to get better rates, the $10 shipping fee you want for shipping a rubber pedal pad is comical

And then to top it all off, I get this service today when calling them...

So I call Brothers regarding them sending me the wrong headlight switch - again, and I get this chick on the phone. (backstory here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=337831) I explain what I need and say "it is pictured correctly on your website but whoever is in the warehouse has them mislabeled" so she starts in on this long winded story about how the photo on the website may be wrong compared to what I get blah blah blah(uh, no it shouldn't!!) and I say "I keep getting the wrong switch, I want the one on your website and the labels are incorrect in your warehouse so I am shipped the wrong one, now, for the second time" So she asks me if I have a catalog in front of me to check the part number, and I say "no, I am at work, but I have the website and it is the exact same thing, again I say "your warehouse has them misprinted, the part is a 60-63 switch I need a 64-72 one, these are labeled incorrect" So she puts me on hold for 5 minutes for something and comes back again with a story of how I am wrong and their warehouse is correct. I don't budge cause I know I am right and explain how their website is correct, just look at it, "that is the part I need"....she huffs and puffs and she puts me on hold again to go back to the warehouse and pull the part. She comes back and starts describing the smaller correct switch style and I say "does it have that orange front piece" and she says "no it's clear" I say ok, "that is the correct switch but the wrong manufacturer, I paid extra for the original AC Delco switch" She says ok, I will ship that one to you, and ends the call at that...just ends it, no "thank you for your business", no "I will make sure it is right this time", no "sorry for the inconvenience we will send a post paid box with this next one for your current return" nothing...a truly unbelievable lack of customer service

It took about 15 minutes in all, and I still don't know if I will be getting the correct switch. For the love of god, just pull up your own company's website and you can notice that it doesn't match up, with what is in your hand.

If they send me the crappy reproduction switch I am going to go ballistic on them cause this $20 switch has already cost me $38 due to me shipping it back to them twice now!!!!!

I will never do business with them again and the $50+ I have spent on returning items to them is money I could have spent on more parts....so frustrating, and I advise all others to purchase with caution...

In comparison, LMC sent a hand written thank you card, and has already got my backordered parts to me with updates and tracking info all along the way, correct parts every time.

Last edited by Beatcoaster; 04-16-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
soule64

Re: Brothers gets my vote.......

I could not agree more. I ordered some core support bushings and it took two weeks to get it. Then I ordered a bumper and brackets and waited two weeks. Finally called them and they said they had no recored of the order. Placed the order through Manes and I had it in two days. One of the parts I got from Manes broke as I was putting it on and they replaced it with no questios asked. They sent a new one ASAP and I had it in two days later. Trust me, ditch Brothers and stick with Manes - they have fantastic customer service and are great to deal with. I know that when I spend my money I want a little appreciation in return...
soule64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
greasy68

I just went through the same thing with them. It was my first order from Brothers and I ordered $750 worth of stuff. The whole order was held up for a 20 dollar part. They did not send an email or call to let me know. I waited a week and had to call them and the customer service people sounded like they could care less. I cancelled the part that was back ordered and several other parts. They better get their act together. It is tough economic times and every sale should count. I wont be ordering from them again.
front discs, leaf spring rear
tilt steering wheel, stock ride height, rally wheels,
2007 Dodge Charger(Hemi)
greasy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
jbristo67
resident oilfield trash

I ordered a rear window Gasket from LMC. They sent me a windshield gasket. I called LMC told them the problem and they sent me the right one free of charge and told me to keep the other one.

1986 Honda 70 Fourtrax

1991 Chevrolet K5 blazer 2wd

1982 Mastercraft Pro Star 190 Stars and Stripes

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2011 Nissan Armada

jbristo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
C20-67_N_MO
Champagne Taste on Beer Budget

ACK!

I just spent over $650 on their one peice window conversion with power windows. And I am now crossing my fingers I do not run into any issues that you guys are describing.

Would like to give them the benefit of the doubt with my first order and hoping everything goes smooth.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
danw210
69 K20

I haven't used Brothers but I did get their catalog yesterday. I have to give props to LMC. I use them regularly and when there are issures with the order they fix them right away.

Just last week I ordered a grille fastener kit for my 69 and the kit is geared towards a 71-72 grille. The 69-70 has 3 more fasteners than the 71-72 grille and they short you those in the kit. Well I called to express my dissapointment with the kit and they sent me another entire kit to make up for the shorted pieces. Oh, and they sent it for free. Now thats customer service.
danw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
leddzepp

Dudes- I live right down the street from Brothers. It has been hit and miss for me for years with them. They are primarily a mail order company...they NEVER have anything in stock when I go there. They are basically a middle man that takes your order, and has your part drop shipped from the vendor. There is no Q/C on their part at all. I had very good luck there with a rear bumper...but that was in stock and I made sure it was perfect before I rolled out the door with it. Their A/C center vent "upgrade" kit is a joke. Thin 2-piece molded plastic that is not even fully formed, allowing for air to leak freely. I stood at the counter, and looked it over in front of the sales dude. I said to him, "are you serious?" "This is a total piece of crap!" He agreed with me! Solution: Go to home depot and get 2 rubber pipe caps for $3.

I do not buy a whole lot from them. I choose to drive to the Truck Shop in Orange. They have everything in stock ALWAYS. For the most part their Q/C is far and above that of Brothers, and their prices are usually less.

2 weeks ago, I went to Brothers to get a set of metal clips for my upper moulding. They want $45 for it. I went to Truck Shop, and their kit is IDENTICAL for $28. Truck Shop also sells the clips individually, Brothers won't do this. Truck Shop also threw in a few extra in case one broke (which is common)

One good thing I can say about Brothers....they do have the best show on the West Coast for our trucks! I go every year and it is awesome!
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
100mph

I've used classic parts of america for quite a few things and they've been great, ship promptly, one mistake was taken care of asap and overall when price comparing they were cheaper (for the exact same thing!).

Another knock against brothers is their website - its terrible trying to find specific parts.
100mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I ordered some side markers from Brothers, pretty simple order. They sent me 3 rear markers and one front one. Duh. Had to pay to ship the extra rear one back before they'd ship the missing front marker.

Last edited by Sinister; 04-16-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
mycool72

wow, thanks for the heads up!
mycool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #11
big_al_71

I placed a few orders from them and did not have any issues at all. I ordered from Classic Perform & LMC and did not have any issues at all...I spent over
1500,00 in parts from all of them...

Sorry to hear about your mishapps.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
ZombieWeinerDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbristo67 View Post
I ordered a rear window Gasket from LMC. They sent me a windshield gasket. I called LMC told them the problem and they sent me the right one free of charge and told me to keep the other one.
gotta love LMC
Old 04-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
see ten
WTB this ad

Chuckles just bought an AC Delco headlight switch for his 72 from our local Oreilly's. Give your local parts stores a chance before paying shipping on something like that.

I'm sure that this is going to be moved to the review board shortly, but for what it's worth...I don't order anything from LMC unless they're the only people that carry it. It sounds like their customer service has gotten better, but I've had trouble with them in the past.

I try my best to support our board vendors if that option is available to me. After all, they're a large part of what keeps this forum running.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
kamikazekyle05

I ordered a new tach from brothers(didnt know they were out of stock) they called me the next day to let me know it would be a few weeks. Ive ordered from lmc a few times and never had a problem, just my experience
kamikazekyle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
okiefab

i have used Mother Truckers,Manes.LMC and classicparts all of them great service
okiefab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
dan42

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Brother's in the past and they can be hit and miss - I ordered what they called a "complete" cab support kit - (bushings, etc.) and...it was not complete, all the parts are not included. I pointed it out to them on the phone and they really didn't seem to care. If you get something from them (and I probably still will) make sure you check it as soon as you get it, because you have a 50-50 chance of it being wrong. JMO.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Well I was going to drive over there to get a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts but if they dont keep everything in stock, I'll go to the Truck Shop instead they always have everything.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #18
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

I have used them in the past & also a hit & miss for me as well. i wonder if there is a way for us to contact them as a "group" from a truck board & express our past issues & maybe show them that between all of us we spend alot of money there & see if there would be "special" attention given to us if we order & express that we are from the truck board??? i also wonder how the guys from the magazines get their parts? i never hear of any "issues" when they order all the stuff they do for their tech articles!!(lol) i agree that with these tuff economic times that people that are willing to spend money on "extra projects" should be important enough to have a "little" extra consideration given for follow up! i guess if there doesn't seem to be a "concern" on their part then maybe we should treat them like Spain and "boycott" them...LOL i bet if that was expressed then they might change there tune. also what about seeing if the magazine guys would be interested in hearing the stories & maybe doing a article on good & bad suppliers for parts?? independent survey ofcourse (lol)...
anyways just my 0.02 cents
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Well I was going to drive over there to get a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts but if they dont keep everything in stock, I'll go to the Truck Shop instead they always have everything.
Your best bet is to call ahead Paul. I hate driving into OC anymore if I don't have to.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #20
fastom
That's right, it's Copper!!

Early Classic has always done everything to make the buying experience the best in the business. Give them a call.
fastom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #21
Travis K

Same problem with Brothers here. I ordered about $700 worth of parts over a month ago. Only thing I have seen from them is the confirmation email for my order.
Travis K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
spinning wheels

I used to live in Corona, CA. So Brothers was my local source. This was before they moved to a larger facility. Even back then, some parts were on backorder and it was easier to find them elsewhere. When you walked in the shop, it was never a friendly place. Some of the sales guys were helpfull and knowledgeable, others weren't. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give them a 5. Then again, I never had to have something shipped to my home.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #23
LEEVON

Makes you wonder how they're still in business? They are really in the customer service business, and parts are secondary. I hate rude counter people.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #24
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

I have had trouble from Brothers as well, I no longer use them. I have had good luck with LMC, ECE and Classic parts of America. This week alone i have had to return wrong parts to two different companies. How hard can it be to read a order form, then go get the correct part? I think most of these companies hire people that the fast food chains won't.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
SHOWDOG

Smile Re: Brothers gets my vote.......

I try to use Early Classics in Fresno whenever I can. They shoot straight and they one of us!

Showdog
SHOWDOG is offline   Reply With Quote