The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
shelby2828

Aluminum Victory Radiator buyers beware!

Money is awful hard to come by these days, and I have recently foolishly pissed $300 of mine away, so I wanted to warn anyone who might be looking for a radiator upgrade. I purchased a 3-row radiator on ebay from seller Radiator*1* recently, this seller also operates under several additional business names, including:
Victory Radiators
Radiator One
Engineered Cooling Products
3rowradiators.com
speedcooling.com
entropyrad.com
Here is my experience with this seller:
My first radiator lasted a couple of months, when it started leaking, I was frustrated, but having a 3 year warranty I was happy! I called and was told the quickest way to get a replacement was to purchase a second radiator, then use that packaging to return the faulty radiator, a return shipping label would be sent to me, and my refund would be processed when the radiator was returned (awesome, I was so pleased to be dealing with a state-side company that put the customer first). When I packaged the leaking radiator I was told they don't pay for return shipping afterall, I had to pay that, so I shelled out $30 for return shipping. When I called to speak to the owner about shipping, he jumped to telling me that their warranty doesn't cover galvanic corrosion (he had yet to see my radiator, but suspected this was the cause of the leak). At this point they had $400 of my money, plus an additional $30 for shipping. 10 days after my radiator had been shipped back my replacement radiator sprung a leak at the weld on the top tank.

I called 3 disconnected numbers before I got to the owner who says my original radiator "looked like an abortion" and he "always sees this problem on jeeps and corvettes" (Yet it isn't mentioned in his warranty or product description, it simply states "3 year Victory Radiator factory warranty against defects in craftsman ship or failure that causes your radiator to leak. "

After threatening to sue him in small claims court for my shipping costs, my two radiators, my two bottles of radiator leak stop (my vehicle is my only daily driver), and the 4 bottles of coolant he agreed to refund my original radiator costs because (and this is a direct quote) "because you are a douchey customer who I am sick of dealing with"

In my opinion, His warranty boils down to this, the radiator is covered until it starts to leak!

Beware, I have learned a lesson, stick to companies that sell quality products under ONE business name....when you sell quality there is no need to hide behind multiple company names.

I hope this rant helps save someone the frustration, aggravation, and financial loss I have gone through.
shelby2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
ItsRandy

Re: Aluminum Victory Radiator buyers beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2828 View Post
Money is awful hard to come by these days, and I have recently foolishly pissed $300 of mine away, so I wanted to warn anyone who might be looking for a radiator upgrade. I purchased a 3-row radiator on ebay from seller Radiator*1* recently, this seller also operates under several additional business names, including:
Victory Radiators
Radiator One
Engineered Cooling Products
3rowradiators.com
speedcooling.com
entropyrad.com
Here is my experience with this seller:
My first radiator lasted a couple of months, when it started leaking, I was frustrated, but having a 3 year warranty I was happy! I called and was told the quickest way to get a replacement was to purchase a second radiator, then use that packaging to return the faulty radiator, a return shipping label would be sent to me, and my refund would be processed when the radiator was returned (awesome, I was so pleased to be dealing with a state-side company that put the customer first). When I packaged the leaking radiator I was told they don't pay for return shipping afterall, I had to pay that, so I shelled out $30 for return shipping. When I called to speak to the owner about shipping, he jumped to telling me that their warranty doesn't cover galvanic corrosion (he had yet to see my radiator, but suspected this was the cause of the leak). At this point they had $400 of my money, plus an additional $30 for shipping. 10 days after my radiator had been shipped back my replacement radiator sprung a leak at the weld on the top tank.

I called 3 disconnected numbers before I got to the owner who says my original radiator "looked like an abortion" and he "always sees this problem on jeeps and corvettes" (Yet it isn't mentioned in his warranty or product description, it simply states "3 year Victory Radiator factory warranty against defects in craftsman ship or failure that causes your radiator to leak. "

After threatening to sue him in small claims court for my shipping costs, my two radiators, my two bottles of radiator leak stop (my vehicle is my only daily driver), and the 4 bottles of coolant he agreed to refund my original radiator costs because (and this is a direct quote) "because you are a douchey customer who I am sick of dealing with"

In my opinion, His warranty boils down to this, the radiator is covered until it starts to leak!

Beware, I have learned a lesson, stick to companies that sell quality products under ONE business name....when you sell quality there is no need to hide behind multiple company names.

I hope this rant helps save someone the frustration, aggravation, and financial loss I have gone through.
Kinda' scary...I bought a radiator from entropyrad.com a couple of years ago. I hope mine doesn't start leaking. How did you find out he was operating under so many different names?
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
shelby2828

The ebay listing has the 3row site listed, when I spoke to the owner, he mentioned his warranty could be found at another website, and after calling the various phone numbers on the different websites, I ended up back at the One guy who takes orders who must have screwed up and given me the entropy phone number (which led me to the same familiar owner). I was preparing for a lawsuit, so I wrote down every scrap of info. I came across, while galvanic corrosion can take out a radiator, it doesn't happen in a little over a week, and if my vehicle were that electrically unstable the computer would be fried, and the factory radiator or heater core would have leaks by now....and they don't.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
cdowns

i dopnt have a problem like that dealing with my good old reliable local autoparts store
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
truckdude239

I bought a griffin rad from summit 267 dollars best money i ever spent

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #6
cool68

likely not the only seller of bad radiators, and more. lots of fake stuff out there. everyone must really check out what they are buying, especially from places that list no physical location of business.
cool68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
shelby2828

I should have clarified in my original post, the real function of this post was to put the word out there, I tend to search for reviews for everything that I buy and this radiator was no exception, when I went to search for reviews I could not find any on the web , hopefully all of the business information will help futute would be buyers.
I should also mention that half of the holes did not line up, and holes that were suppose to accept my 1/4" bolts ended up having M10 inserts pressed into them.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #8
ItsRandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2828 View Post
I should have clarified in my original post, the real function of this post was to put the word out there, I tend to search for reviews for everything that I buy and this radiator was no exception, when I went to search for reviews I could not find any on the web , hopefully all of the business information will help futute would be buyers.
I should also mention that half of the holes did not line up, and holes that were suppose to accept my 1/4" bolts ended up having M10 inserts pressed into them.
What was this radiator for?
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote