The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #10
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I think what brossow is trying to say,... is that Boss/AE wheels hasn't addressed the problem since the "3AA" wheel revision that didn't even come close to addressing the problem.

brossow and I have been talking about these wheels since I started this thread in 2009.

The truth is,... the variation in 1-1/4" rotor hub dimensions, (be it aftermarket or oem),... is the only way these wheels are a true "bolt-on" with the HD rotors.

No way is Boss continuing to make improvements to the hub design issues of these wheels.
The only improvement is a 20x10 wheel with a 5.5" BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
And even then, all they did was add more meat to the back side mounting surface; they didn't even do it the right way by leaving the center section alone and just moving it an inch more inboard. Effectively they just added a permanent spacer to their own wheel. I love the look of the wheel, and I love that it's made in USA, but AEWC/Boss is incompetent when it comes to making meaningful, appropriate changes to their own designs and offerings.
[
First off let me qualify this by saying .... I havent suffered thru 3-4 years of frustration with this wheel and secondly I am in no way trying to argue with anyone .... Just stating my opinions is all. I can tell you... all I have read is this wheel wont fit these trucks , Yet the first 3 trucks I went to put them on ... they fit with absolutelly no mods whatsoever ..... and that is on 1-1/4 thick rotors that I personally measured. Yes you guys are right .... they dont fit everything as evidenced by my 2wd blazer.... but so far I am batting 75% and I havent modified anything whatsoever.

It is personally one of my favorite all time wheels and also .... I love the fact that it is an AMERICAN made wheel. Again Im not tryin to argue , just trying to offer useful information and I dont claim to know it all ....... I tell lots of people to talk to lo-life everyday as he has a vast amount of knowledge concerning these trucks. Hope no one is offended ............ !