The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
thelonerife

Thelonerifes 72 stepper

Well, I am starting a build thread even though I have already started tearing apart the truck. First off I bought a frame and cab (gray one) in Alabama.Its a 72 swb frame that had been painted in the past. And a cab that was stripped, sandblasted,then driprails cut off and much bondo everywhere!. It looks good in pics. but don't be fooled there is a lot of bondo in it. I thought about fixing the drip rails but it was not very promising seeing all the bondo on the top edge over the windshield.
Then I bought a stepside bed from a board member in Louisiana. Its in good shape and pretty good paint. faded on top of rails, wood needs refinished. Also got the bumper from him.
Then I bought a 72 3/4 ton custom camper highlander from a boardmember. It had all the options that came on those models,ac,auto and tilt,ps,pb and the oh so cool plaid seat!! We went to Minnesota and picked up this truck and drove it back to TN. The main reason I bought it was the AC worked. and was retrofitted with R134. I don't have many pictures of it though before I took it apart. I sold the rolling frame to a board member and put the cab on the shortbed frame.I'll show you some pics then I'll fill you in on what I've got done up till now.
Attached Images

Last edited by thelonerife; 03-29-2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: spelling
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote