The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Part time job ideas

UPDATED, go to my last post =) #124

Mid December I decided to call it quits after 40 years in the copier/printer business. My plan was to find something part time after taking a month or three off. I'm "only" 60 so I have a little while before I can draw from our retirement options. I figured man its going to be nice to just chill for a little bit. Wrong, had to wade through all of the holidays, no chilling involved there. Cold and crappy winter weather. Hard to motivate myself to go out to the farm and play with my car and truck stuff, even hard to go in to my shop to play. Next we get a nice batch of snow this last week … ugh.

Finally motivated myself to clear the snow from my truck and driveway behind my truck. Went into town and grabbed a pizza. So nice just to get out!

Im kind of jazzed to find some sort of part time employment. My niece drives a school bus and loves it. She feels I would love it too. They are always looking for bus drivers. Even some of the city systems are looking for drivers. My BIL is a Seattle bus driver and loves it, he doesn't even have to work and never plans on quitting until he gets too old.

In my 40 years of field service work I have driven over a million and a half miles. I had a very large territory to cover. Ive worn out a lot of service vehicles haha. So, Im not sure if I wanna drive for a living even if part time.

Any of you guys or gals part time workers? What sort of things do you do? I know the large grocery chains are always hiring. I wouldn't mind working a job where I work late to early to have my days more free. Especially if I didn't have to work an eight hour shift. I don't know if my wife would like that though since she's still working.

Open to ideas (real ones lol).

Last edited by CG; 03-17-2022 at 09:02 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote