The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2023, 10:41 PM   #1
66newb

1966 C10, Maryland

Hello All,

I've been lurking for quite a while but since I realized my account was actually activated today I thought I should introduce myself.

This summer my son and I flew out to Nebraska to pick up a 1966 C10 Fleetside. We're pretty excited and learning a lot. It was a heck of a road trip back home to Maryland. Other than the speedometer going wonky outside Indianapolis she did great. (We call her Loretta)

This truck is a project car for me and my son to work on together. As you can see from the uploaded picture, she still has the logos from her previous life as a construction company (Gibbs Construction) truck. We will absolutely honor that previous life.

The PO bought the truck from Mr. Gibbs just before he passed away so we are 3rd in line in the ownership history. He did a lot of work putting in a rebuilt 305 and TH350 transmission, rocker panels, cab corners, and probably a million other odds and ends he forgot about doing.

Once we got her home, we took her up to a local shop here to get the rusted out area above the front windshield and the roof fixed up. We've got a bit of a punch list of things that need to get done. The steering gear box and frankly the front end is shot. We'll start on the steering column and get that sorted, including making it collapsible. When we tackle the front end, we'll get disc brakes in there too. At some point we'll get the floor replaced and relocate the gas tank. I know it's a never ending list but still have to prioritize things.

I'm sure I'll be bugging folks on here with questions and other things. Just wanted to say hi and happy new years to you all.

-John
Attached Images

66newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 10:53 PM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: 1966 C10, Maryland

Happy New Years to You and Your son and Loretta.

That will be a Fun Project.
That good that you are keeping the History to be seen
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 07:21 AM   #3
notsolo

Welcome, Sounds like a fun road trip adventure. Nice score on the big back window truck with some history.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:02 PM   #4
rbruno68

Truck looks great. I just started my build on my 63. I am right around the corner from you so hopefully will see your truck on the road.
rbruno68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:29 PM   #5
66newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruno68 View Post
Truck looks great. I just started my build on my 63. I am right around the corner from you so hopefully will see your truck on the road.
That sounds great! I keep threatening to head over to the Eldersburg Home Depot meetup on Saturdays. Feel free to DM me would love to meet up.
66newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 04:41 PM   #6
68Gold/white

Way Cool!!!

Even though I own one 67 and one 68, I'm a big fan of the 60-66 pickups!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote