The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
nsb29

Electric fan

Looking for a two speed fan for my 65 A lot of people use a wind star fan but it’s to wide for a65 any ideas
Old 08-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
verdell

Re: Electric fan

The '96 T-bird, Cougar XR-7 or Lincoln Mark VIII should fit. I have one and also installed one in my brother's '66.
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
Jolby

I am running a Dorman OE Solutions 620-118 in my 65. I have been using it before and after my LS swap. I trimmed the housing down and removed the tabs and made my own brackets. My new engine has never ran over 198.
Jolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
nsb29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolby View Post
I am running a Dorman OE Solutions 620-118 in my 65. I have been using it before and after my LS swap. I trimmed the housing down and removed the tabs and made my own brackets. My new engine has never ran over 198.
How do you have it wired are running A/C do you have a picture
Old 08-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #5
Jolby

The pics might be a little hard to make out what you want but you can see the fan shroud against the radiator. With the old engine I had a temp sensor with 2 outputs at different temps, each fed into a relay to turn on the different fan speeds. When I put the LS in, I added the additional fan control while wiring the harness, so there is a high and low speed fan control. The AC has a trinary switch which is wired into the low speed fan relay to turn the fan on whenever the AC is on. The way that I wired it, the low speed is off when the high speed comes on. The relays feed straight power from the battery with automatic breakers that reset. Hopefully this is the information that you are looking for. I don't know why the pictures are flipped.
Attached Images

Jolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
nsb29

Thanks that’s pretty much how I had it figured as mine is an LS with AC As a rule I believe most people have it wired for the high-speed fan to come on when you activate the AC So I guess the way you have it is if the AC is on and the temperature comes up and turns on the high-speed fan it just turns off the low speed thanks for your information