The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2002, 08:24 PM   #1
Church
Carolina Classic Trucks

c70 cabs vs 1/2 ton cabs

Are C70 cabs and 1/2 ton cabs all the same?
Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:31 PM   #2
XXL
Seņor Member

Per another recent thread, I don't believe so. First, I believe the steering column exits the firewall in a different location. Second, someone else added that the bottom front corner of the doors are cut off, and that the floor pan is also notched there to allow for the larger tires.

I hope this helps,

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 09:17 PM   #3
chevy2racr
So Many Ideas, So Little Money

I believe aside from thedoor corners th firewall andfloorpan are differnt. I can't rember for sure onr 67-72s but 73+ there is a seam at the top front ofthe firewall, bothheave duty and light trucks have the seam, the piece below is differnt from there to the back bottom of the cab where th floor meets the back.
Bryce
09 Malibu

Marshalltown, Iowa
chevy2racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:52 PM   #4
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

C-70 series cabs are totally different than our trucks, C-40 to C-60 trucks share a cab like ours but there are many small differences, like mentioned earlier the steering column exits the firewall lower, but there is a cutout for it. And the column support behind the dash will have to be changed.

There is no lower front pillar support or lower fender brace, you can buy this in a patch panel, also the rockers are too short so you will have to replace them with regular aftermarket rocker panels. And you can mount regular doors or weld in a section for the lower front of the door.

The front toe board rises at a much steeper angle which means quite a lot less leg room, these trucks also use a different heater box and it hangs lower which also takes up more room.

The doghouse or recess in the firewall is much larger and deeper on these trucks and means still less interior room but a hole lot more room for about any kind of motor you can imagine.

Cab mounts are the same. The area where the rearveiw mirror would mount are dfferent on some of the 2 ton cabs, kind of stamped out pads for lights and switch's for air tags and such.

Most of these trucks are small back window, but if the cab was ment for a fifth wheel it got a large back window [I've pnly came across a few of these] Air conditioning was a very rare option on these trucks.

And not all 2 ton trucks got cab lights, I've came across a few as big as C-60 with none. Also seen a few with the two tone paint division trim.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:57 PM   #5
>X<
registered IWATA user

heres a pic of a c5o that i came across
Attached Images

Take off that Von Dutch hat before i stab you with a 000 Mack.
>X< is offline   Reply With Quote