The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: If you had the option, which of these grills would you use?
Original 66 painted grill 1 20.00%
64-66 C60 painted grill 2 40.00%
an original aluminum grill that needs to be restored 2 40.00%
the repo aluminum grill that is now available 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2022, 03:02 PM   #901
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I finally got the bed squared up and the wood and strips fit perfect. This was not a job for the faint of heart trying to do this with the bed on the truck but once I got it lifted and square it went well. I got all the necessary bolt holes marked and then took everything apart for drilling and finishing. AS I mentioned on the general forum "My Sanity has left the building". The truck is at the painters getting the roof painted. Then the game changes, it opens up the opportunity to finally get Sanity on the road.
Making sure everything got bolted down square would have been my concern also.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:39 PM   #902
pdxhall

Yes, it took me about 3 days to get it right. The tolerances are very close.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 01:21 PM   #903
pdxhall

Not too much to report today. While the truck is away I decided to give the shop a little cleaning and reorganizing. I've got some bead blasting to do so I dug the cabinet out but it looks like I need a new pair of gloves. I
I've got a bunch of parts I will be selling all sorted out and I've got a bunch of parts to ready for installation. Glass is next and some of the parts are waiting to be blasted. I've got the work done on the tailgate and it is ready for more epoxy. and I've got a couple of small dents to remove in the inside door panels and I will spray them again with the tailgate. I'm kind of over posting on this thread since a seldom get any replies or comments. The main reason I'm still here is that my family in Oregon likes to see the progress. The site just isn't like it used to be before I took a 3 year break when I retired, moved, and got my shop built.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:41 PM   #904
pdxhall

Here's an update on the roof. painted yesterday and I'll have it back on Tuesday.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2022, 07:19 PM   #905
cwcarpenter98

Nice! Looks like it's ready for a windshield now

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #906
jweb

Quote:
Not too much to report today. While the truck is away I decided to give the shop a little cleaning and reorganizing. I've got some bead blasting to do so I dug the cabinet out but it looks like I need a new pair of gloves. I
I've got a bunch of parts I will be selling all sorted out and I've got a bunch of parts to ready for installation. Glass is next and some of the parts are waiting to be blasted. I've got the work done on the tailgate and it is ready for more epoxy. and I've got a couple of small dents to remove in the inside door panels and I will spray them again with the tailgate. I'm kind of over posting on this thread since a seldom get any replies or comments. The main reason I'm still here is that my family in Oregon likes to see the progress. The site just isn't like it used to be before I took a 3 year break when I retired, moved, and got my shop built.
I agree this forum has changed but I think there are still plenty of people checking out your build. Probably like me, just don't comment much.

Any reason for painting the roof first, other than being able to install the glass? I'm about to start paint on my 64 Suburban and it will be two tone.
1953 Westerner "canned ham" trailer, rebuilt
1974 Prowler trailer, rebuilt
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:11 PM   #907
Braunschweiger

Yes, yes, I read everything so far and think their work is great. This forum lives from the reports, don't let them stop you.

Greetings Harald

My 62 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829782
Braunschweiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:26 PM   #908
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb View Post
I agree this forum has changed but I think there are still plenty of people checking out your build. Probably like me, just don't comment much.

Any reason for painting the roof first, other than being able to install the glass? I'm about to start paint on my 64 Suburban and it will be two tone.
Thanks for looking in. I have finished almost everything else I could do until I did the windshield and back glass. The main reason is to drive the truck and get mechanicals all tested in and get a front end alignment. I can then get the truck inspected and licensed. If I wanted to paint the rest of the truck first. All the painters are booked up for about 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
Yes, yes, I read everything so far and think their work is great. This forum lives from the reports, don't let them stop you.
Thanks, it would be nice if a few of the "lookers on" would comment once in a while, it really helps with the motivation.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:00 PM   #909
350TacoZilla

I'm a lurker that checks the site almost daily but I don't want to clog up peoples builds too much with the nice truck comments. I always found it hard to decide how much is supporting the build by commenting and how much is too much that it feels I'm just taking away from the build you know? It's like using sarcasm on the internet, sure sometimes someone gets it but other times it's misinterpreted as being an A-hole.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:56 PM   #910
FamilyTruckster65

We look. Taco hit the nail on the head. I don't post much, but I do enjoy watching others with their builds.
FamilyTruckster65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:52 PM   #911
Johns66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
I'm a lurker that checks the site almost daily but I don't want to clog up peoples builds too much with the nice truck comments. I always found it hard to decide how much is supporting the build by commenting and how much is too much that it feels I'm just taking away from the build you know? It's like using sarcasm on the internet, sure sometimes someone gets it but other times it's misinterpreted as being an A-hole.

Congratulations on your build very nice, I have been motivated to continue with mine when I see other people getting their builds done.

Thanks for the photos and information.
Johns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 02:14 PM   #912
pdxhall

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate that and I don't think it will stop me from posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
I understand. I don't expect people to comment on everything but just a word now and then does help with motivating me to continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster65 View Post
We look. Taco hit the nail on the head. I don't post much, but I do enjoy watching others with their builds.
Thanks for checking in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns66 View Post
Congratulations on your build very nice, I have been motivated to continue with mine when I see other people getting their builds done.

Thanks for the photos and information.
Thanks, I know what you mean. It's a motivator all right and if I do something stupid, I would expect to be called out on it for an explanation or my reasoning in doing what I've done. This build has been pretty disjointed. There are reasons I went the route I did. I know it's been a long road but I'm having fun still and seeing an end in sight has got me excited.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:17 PM   #913
LostMy65

I'm still here and checking in on your build. You were there for me posting interest in my build thread also.
I've followed your journey from when you first got it living here in Oregon and up to date.
Keep it up. And thanks for sharing.

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 05-05-2022, 02:26 AM   #914
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I've been so stinkin busy with life I barely have time to even post about my own truck. I'm the same way lately, I check over the builds and rarely comment these days. I've been trying to sit down and read through builds though as I've gotten alot of inspiration and ideas from this forum. Either way keep on posting and I'll be dropping in often as I can. Cab and truck are looking great!
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:12 PM   #915
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
I'm still here and checking in on your build. You were there for me posting interest in my build thread also.
I've followed your journey from when you first got it living here in Oregon and up to date.
Keep it up. And thanks for sharing.
Yeah, It's been a long road. I was happy to see some familiar friends along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
I've been so stinkin busy with life I barely have time to even post about my own truck. I'm the same way lately, I check over the builds and rarely comment these days. I've been trying to sit down and read through builds though as I've gotten alot of inspiration and ideas from this forum. Either way keep on posting and I'll be dropping in often as I can. Cab and truck are looking great!
Thanks TJ. It is nice to see an update on your projects. I have also learned a lot from this forum and continue to do so.

I'll have the windshield and back glass in next week. I've got the seals coming on Monday and the glass guy is ready. I've got the wing window parts ready I just have to repaint the frames and assemble. I've also been working on the window crank assemblies with new rollers and rebuilt cranks.
Body work: I've got the tailgate and inside door panels ready for another coat of epoxy. I've been blocking the hood and it's almost ready for another coat of epoxy along with the frame for the center console. I'll try to get some updated
pics posted up later.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:40 PM   #916
pdxhall

Here is my C60 grill. I got the "CHEVROLET" mounted. I added brackets to the back side.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2022, 12:45 PM   #917
roll_the_dice

Love that grill! Best looking grill for our trucks IMO.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:31 PM   #918
cwcarpenter98

Looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #919
Braunschweiger

I am excited

Greetings Harald

My 62 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829782
Braunschweiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:30 PM   #920
joesscamaro

If you don't mind, could you take some close ups of the brackets you added to hold the script in place? I mounted the script in my grill also but I'm not impressed with what I came up with.

Quote:
Here is my C60 grill. I got the "CHEVROLET" mounted. I added brackets to the back side.
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:11 PM   #921
clemdaddy

We're still out here partner. Been with you since there was a cold wintery Oregon background to your pics. I like the Arizona adobe background better.

Lot's of changes in the Forum, lot's of people dropping out but there is still a good following to your thread so please keep us in the loop... we're watching.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:22 PM   #922
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Love that grill! Best looking grill for our trucks IMO.
I agree. I feel very fortunate to find one. I still can't believe how good of shape it is in. I only had to buy a whole C60 truck to get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory
I think so too. Now to figure out the paint on the insert. the grill will be white.
Quote:
I am excited
ME TOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesscamaro View Post
If you don't mind, could you take some close ups of the brackets you added to hold the script in place? I mounted the script in my grill also but I'm not impressed with what I came up with.
I'll try to remember to get you some. I made mine so the insert is bolted in and is removeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
We're still out here partner. Been with you since there was a cold wintery Oregon background to your pics. I like the Arizona adobe background better.

Lot's of changes in the Forum, lot's of people dropping out but there is still a good following to your thread so please keep us in the loop... we're watching.
Thanks Clem, I was happy to see you still around. Your quality work continues to inspire me. One of these days I'd still like to make over to your place.

So, yesterday was a big day for Sanity. the windshield and rear glass have been installed. Scott Hammond here in Tucson came over and put it in for me. He does fantastic work and his prices are fair. I had thought of doing it myself but considering I'm using the original glass(55 yrs old) in the truck and it is in beautiful shape so I couldn't risk screwing it up. So, that's it, now I've got the visors and rear view mirror to install and the wiper assembly.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2022, 11:59 PM   #923
LostMy65

Vision coming to fruition...

66 C20 Service Truck:
Old 05-23-2022, 11:49 AM   #924
pdxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Vision coming to fruition...
Thanks. I'm getting real close to having a driver. I've got to get the front end alignment done and a couple of other small things then I should be ready for inspection and licensing. Then I'll be on the road.

Old 05-23-2022, 05:53 PM   #925
pdxhall

Now that the windshield is in, today I installed the visors and the original rear view mirror.
Attached Images