The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
kens65fb

Will these wheels fit ??

I was thinking of these wheels and tires for my 64 C10
4 inch drop both front & rear
5 lug conversion already done.

Any thoughts, or opinions, on fitment ??

Brand: U .S. Mags Standard U108 Polished Wheels

TIRES 245/45/20 all around

Wheel Diameter 20 in. X 8.000 inches

Wheel Bolt Pattern 5 x 127 5 x 5

Offset: 0.00 mm

Backspacing 4.5 inches

Conical seat - 60 degree

Center Bore Diameter 3.075 (in):

Center Bore Diameter 78.10 mm
Attached Images

kens65fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #2
PGSigns

Re: Will these wheels fit ??

I commented on your other thread about the tires and wheel sizes. If you are running the stock rear with conversion these will not fit in the rear. They will hit on the inside. If you are running a 72 rear that is 3/4" wider on each side they will be really close to the inside with that section width tire and may hit on the inside when you go into parking lots or other steeper transitions like driveways. Mine does it now with a 255 tire. On the front with the tire being close to 29" tall it may hit the fender as it cycles through suspension travel.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
kens65fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
I commented on your other thread about the tires and wheel sizes. If you are running the stock rear with conversion these will not fit in the rear. They will hit on the inside. If you are running a 72 rear that is 3/4" wider on each side they will be really close to the inside with that section width tire and may hit on the inside when you go into parking lots or other steeper transitions like driveways. Mine does it now with a 255 tire. On the front with the tire being close to 29" tall it may hit the fender as it cycles through suspension travel.
Jimmy
I'm not sure what rear is in the truck, but it is not a 10 bolt, it is a 12 bolt.

The front disc conversion was the new CPP version that does not push the wheels outward

The 6 lug axles were replace with 5 lug axles.

Current tires on the front are, 215/70/15, they measure 26.5 inches tall, they fit with plenty of room.

The rear tires are 275/60/15, they measure 28.1 inches, they fit tight, only about (1/4 inch) to the outer lip of the bedside.

There are so many of our member running 20 inch wheels & tires, I was hoping a few would chime in.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
PGSigns

So the 6 lug axles and a 12 bolt tells me its the stock rear. With 4" of back spacing I have less than a 1/2" on the inside with a tire with about the same section width. So you will hit on the inside with that wheel and tire. The tire you are looking at has on average a section width of 9.6 a tread with of 8.5 and a height of 28.7. The tires you list for the front have a section width of about 7.5 and a tread width of 6.5 with you listed height of 26.5. They are a ton smaller and the new tire/wheel combo is going to be tight. What rim are you running in the rear? How much back spacing does it have? There are tools out there that allow you to pick a tire and use the tool to find what wheel you need to run to make it fit. This is about the least expensive one out there. https://via-autoworks.my-online.stor..._19291782.aspx You can shop the tire dealers in your area for a used tire in the size you want to run and use the tool to get your measurements. Will save you a lot of time and maybe a lot of money after buying wheels and finding out they dont fit. This way you will know that they will fit your truck as all tricks are a bit different. When I fit wheels I pull the springs and set the suspension at ride height and see what works checking at lock to lock in the front and with the suspension compressed a couple of inches.
Jimmy
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
SCOTI

Quote:
So the 6 lug axles and a 12 bolt tells me its the stock rear. With 4" of back spacing I have less than a 1/2" on the inside with a tire with about the same section width. So you will hit on the inside with that wheel and tire. The tire you are looking at has on average a section width of 9.6 a tread with of 8.5 and a height of 28.7. The tires you list for the front have a section width of about 7.5 and a tread width of 6.5 with you listed height of 26.5. They are a ton smaller and the new tire/wheel combo is going to be tight. What rim are you running in the rear? How much back spacing does it have? There are tools out there that allow you to pick a tire and use the tool to find what wheel you need to run to make it fit. This is about the least expensive one out there. https://via-autoworks.my-online.stor..._19291782.aspx You can shop the tire dealers in your area for a used tire in the size you want to run and use the tool to get your measurements. Will save you a lot of time and maybe a lot of money after buying wheels and finding out they dont fit. This way you will know that they will fit your truck as all tricks are a bit different. When I fit wheels I pull the springs and set the suspension at ride height and see what works checking at lock to lock in the front and with the suspension compressed a couple of inches.
Jimmy
Jimmy
The 6-lug 12bolts came in 2 different lengths so using 6-lug axles as a definitive marker can still lead to disappointment on lowered trucks that are tight on space. If it's 6-lug & 17-spline axles it's pre-65 & most likely the shorter 12bolt or GM corporate drop-out style.

The distance between the backing plate anchor pad to the C/L of the truck arm U-bolt is the best way to know for sure. I only say this having had a buddy that 'assumed' it was an original 12bolt under his truck (because it was 6-lug/12bolt) only to find out after purchasing wheels & mounting/balancing the tires that it was a swapped 12bolt rear from a late 70 model.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
kens65fb

Quote:
Jimmy
Jimmy

Will this wheel fit the rear better ?
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #7
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Maybe this will help you understand backspacing,...
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #8
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=674909

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #9
bigmoe

So if an 8" rim has a 0 offset does that mean a 4" backspacing?
bigmoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:19 PM   #10
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
So if an 8" rim has a 0 offset does that mean a 4" backspacing?
8" wheel w/0 offset is 4.5bs. Here's a chart I use as a quick reference.....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #11
sstock

Rim width plus 1" for overall width is a good rule of thumb.