The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
psuedopimp

project what about...

so i was looking for a square body for a friends daughter. A customer of mine said he knows of a late 70s blazer if she is interested. i got the guys number and turns out that the late 70s blazer was actually a 1970 blazer. i about fell over and told her if she didn't get it i would. well she wasn't diggin it so i told the guy that as soon as i sold my 84 k10 i would come pick up this rust bucket.
that was in November and i finally got to get this thing home about two weeks ago. it is bone stock with a 307/350 combo. rust in the rockers and passenger floor/kick panel and a little inbetween the passenger seat and door on the floor, not sure if that falls into the passenger floor panel or not. any way the back half of the bed and the rear wheel well are rusted through also.
it runs okay, i think the timing is a bit off, and there is an oil leak from the timing chain cover, and an antifreeze leak somewhere. the leaks arent bad at all, but i am going to have to address them sooner or later.

the only thing i have done so far is clean up the front grille some and clean up the cluster and get the gauges to work.
before

after

Last edited by psuedopimp; 02-20-2012 at 06:46 PM.
psuedopimp is offline   Reply With Quote