The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
snipescastle2

Talking any plans/dimensions for building a behind the seat sub woofer box/amp

Hello all,
I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I couldn't find the info I needed, so here I am. I would like to know if anyone has, or can direct me to someone, that has dimensions/plans for building a behind the seat subwoofer/speaker/amp rack like the one I am attaching a picture of. this particular one belongs to Member "SlickRed72" it was on an old post, but very nicely done. if anyone has a similar setup and wouldn't care to share there design, please let me know!
Ben Smith
Attached Images

Last edited by snipescastle2; 02-19-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: adding picture
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
snipescastle2

Re: any plans/dimensions for building a behind the seat sub woofer box/amp

any one, any one? Bueler,Bueler,Bueler? well, maybe someone can get me some measurements from inside the cab since mine is at the painter's..... basically, I need the measurement from the back wall area behind the seat (below the rear window as it drops down above the fuel tank, and the area at the bottom of the cab wab just forward to where the seat belt anchors are....I am going to attach a picture showing the areas I need dimensions for....... I believe the upper measurement should be about
2 1/2" and the lower one is probably 6" but that's a guess. I borrowed the picture from another member's post, please forgive the Hijack ;-)
Thanks!
Ben Smith
Attached Images

Last edited by snipescastle2; 02-20-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: adding
Old 02-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Re: any plans/dimensions for building a behind the seat sub woofer box/amp

Hey Ben,
Here is a few things to think about in considering your box.
1. The woofers in post 1 are built out from the board and fiber glassed over to create a smooth transition.
2. If you add a skinny strip to the bottom of your box you can come farther out and not need as much buildout on the box.
3. If its 2" at the top and 6" at the bottom, that's a very small volume for the subs. I think you need to choose the woofers first then see what the requirement is for the tuning of your subs (how many hertz do you want the woofers to play their best).
4. Then get the total volume on each sub enclosure correct first then you will know how much is left for your amps and wiring section.
* Having the volume correct will make a lesser sub perform the best it can... while in contrast, having a better sub in the incorrect volume will make it perform worse than expected or at least up to its capabilities.
Good luck with your choices.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
snipescastle2

Talking Re: any plans/dimensions for building a behind the seat sub woofer box/amp

Mike,
Can you measure these dimensions on your Cab for me? I appreciate the speaker info too!
Thanks!
Ben