The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
69SCSS

CPP lost my business.

I don't know if any of you have tried to get spindles from CPP recently but they have been backordered since I ordered them 10/16. I called last week and they said they would be in 11/6, so I called on wednesday to find out if they were avaialbe. They guy told me they were there, but their shipping staff was at SEMA in vegas and wouldn't get to it until friday, but to call back to make sure that they get it shipped. I called today only to find out they were not going to be in until 11/15 now. WTF? I tried to cancel the order but the guy on the phone (different guy) tried to talk me into sticking with the order, because if I haven't found any other spindles I shouldn't cancel my order. so I said fine, I started calling around, and found a pair of drop spindles at Chevy Metal here in Vancouver for the same price, and he can have them tuesday.
I called CPP back to cancel my order for the spindles and the guy tried to talk me into buying 71-72 spindles, even after telling him I have all brand new, already installed 63-70 parts on my truck. All I need is to drop the spindle on! The rest of my order was rady to ship, so I told him to just ship that out and cancel the spindles like I requested.

Is it me, or does it seem that some companies don't care that you can go other places to get your parts, and think that we're too lazy to bother to check? it's stuff like this that stops me from ever getting parts from a company, no matter how great their products are. Seems I do better going local lately.

Anyone else have a problem like this with CPP? I realize this week was SEMA week, hell I've been looking at all the photos on FB from Hot Rod and Classic Trucks all week, but what about the couple of weeks before that?
69SCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
ksshane

Re: CPP lost my business.

Yea, I don't blame you.

I haven't really had any problems with them. They usually ship my stuff about a week after I place the order which tends to annoy me, but nothing like what you have had to go through.

I ordered my CPP spindles through summit and got them within a few days.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
cool68

companies have to attend SEMA to get their name/product out on the market place. the guy that said that whoever does the shipping would be back today likely made a mistake. not your fault but, sounds like timing was bad for you needing parts right now. good that you found another source, which should save some shipping costs for you. as for shipping a couple of weeks earlier - if they did not have them in stock due to being on back order what could have been done? yep, most everyone has been frustrated by a poorly handled order from a business or 2.
cool68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

That's why I order from Summit so much. Free shipping and they tell you if its in stock, ready to ship.

They sell CPP brand too.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
69SCSS

I think what irked me the most really was the fact they just plain weren't cool with me on the phone. They almost sounded annoyed that I would have a problem with waiting another 2 weeks for my spindles (one week for them to come in, another to get them shipped). And, there's no guarantee that they would be available on 11/15 to ship, this is now the 3rd time I've got a new date.

I've had the same delay in shipping problem with them before but i've never had to call up until now. Maybe I'll get their stuff thru Summit if I have to.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Tx Firefighter

Summit has CPP spindles in stock, ready to ship today 228 dollars delivered to your door.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cl...del/c10-pickup

Or 298 dollars to your door for the modular spindles. Also in stock and ship today...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cl...del/c10-pickup
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
69SCSS

Yup, got the same thing ordered and will pick 'em up for the same price tuesday locally. I understand things get backordered, but I don't like being treated like I'm just bothering them. Calling once a week is not pestering, especially when the guy told me to call back in a week and check.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
mixermike

Did business with them one time .... NEVER AGAIN
mixermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Ece....?
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #10
chevy-fun

pretty much my whole front end suspension is cpp. Only a few items were from cpp direct. Rest i got through summit cant beat free shipping on $99+. Id love to support an go through cpp but there service tells me to order from summit.
chevy-fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
69SCSS

Update.... man, this is a circus. So I got my brake kit yesterday. Guess what? CPP doesn't include dust shields with their brake kits, only with their spindle kits. Huh? I called up and asked today and they guy was telling me that. Guess they're $49 a pair extra. Wish I had known that. Also, they wound up sending me 2 sets of lowering blocks. Oh, they of course charged me for both too. WTF???? SO I called up today to ask about both those issues. The guy that helped me was actually pretty good, so if you need anything from then thru the phone ask for Francisco. He saw the error right away and apologized and said they would send me a return shipping label.

Of course I haven't seen it yet... he said an hour and I called at 10am. Guess I'll be making another call....
Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
Tx Firefighter

I know it won't help you see your way of this train wreck you're dealing with, but for future buyers that are reading this thread.....

These guys are not clowns. They are the best in customer service in the industry. They were also making drop parts for these trucks before CPP was......http://www.earlyclassic.com
Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
That's why I order from Summit so much. Free shipping and they tell you if its in stock, ready to ship.

They sell CPP brand too.
Yep.
It's okay to buy CPP brand, just don't buy from CPP.
I also buy from summit.
Free Returns. - No questions asked.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogeroo View Post
Why does anyone on this forum keep using CPP?

I've been reading these customer service run around stories for years on here.

Hmnn.

-W
Put it at the top of your FAQ's in Bold Letters !!!

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote