The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

6BT rod knocker

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/09/...rtr-ford-f150/

Ever since I read about this truck it has gotten me to want a off road tuned truck, but I want a old Chevy crew. As I get closer to having my new car paid down enough to get rid of it starts looking like reality.

The basic plan was a warmed up big block, and overdrive trans. Make some longer A arm's, air bags at all 4 corners, 4 link, and uniballs for durability. Toss on some AT tires, and enjoy. Nothing hardcore, but a truck that works well for the stuff I really due.

So a week ago I drove a 89's Dodge with a 6BT, and a few basic mods. Wow it was quick, and got me wanting one. Or atleast seriously considering one heavily.

The engine weighs 1200 or so pounds, and the planned Big Block weighs under 700 after planned mods.

So for you guys have done the mod how much did it affect handling or is it livable with proper set up. I do not tow much, and I drive my personal vehicle less then 7500 miles a year as I have a company van. So I can easily live with a big block, and it's down sides on mpg. So the 500+ extra pounds on the nose is my concern.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote