The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
jocko

Highlander interior before and after

Been workin on this turd for quite a while. But it's time to move, so I needed to button it up for the trip. Still awaiting seat belt retractor parts, but that's about it. Still need to bolt in the seat also (a little off center in the pic).

The previously mentioned noticeable gap in the driver's (and passenger) side outer cushion area where the back and bottom met turned out to be nothing more than a new seat foam issue. Took it all apart and examined it compared to the original GM foam and it was just not quite right in the lower seat back areas on the outer edges. Ended up going back to my original 72 foam and it took care of the issue. No visible gaps between the back/bottom now. Glad that got resolved. Found it a bit of a challenge to get all the plaid to line up in straight lines, but I'll live with what it ended up as.

Because of the pending move, had to put off the door rehab project - so, will fill the speaker holes and paint the doors at some point in the future, just wanted to make them semi-presentable for now. Redid the dash, added a tach and vac , and finally resolved my temp gauge/sender issues. All the gauges work, which is kinda nice for a change. And added in a factory am/fm that sounds pretty darn good through a single factory speaker. Nice and tinny, just like I like it Added an AM/FM antenna and a splitter for that inevitable CB radio install thread... I wonder if there's even anyone to talk to on that thing anymore. have a few stuffed away in boxes that have never been used, and will be nice to stick it in without an extra CB antenna. But, that's for another day.

Now if I could just get my doors to shut after the new seal install... Ha. They're coming along. Hopeful they will loosen up a bit after sitting in the sun still.

Anyway, a special thanks to Tim at Truckseats - this was no easy task to get the highlander plaid with the scrollwork, appreciate your perseverance. Also thanks to Tom for the tach/vac tin and Brian Mac for his HUGE help on the temp sender issue I had. Also Wes over at Classic Heartbeat - thanks for several small parts and the dash bezel and lens and the perfect carpet - they are top quality, very pleased. LedZepp - Scott, was a pleasure to meet you, you probably wondered what ever became of the dash pad I bought from you when I picked up the green door... And Pete, thanks so much for reproducing the Main/Aux fuel tanks selector sticker - that made my day.
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote