The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
slammed427

slammed427

Truck Info

Manufacturer:Chevrolet

Year: 1974

Suspension type: 2wd, Stock for now

Front Brakes: Discs

Modifications: N/A

Rear Brakes: Drums, For Now

Steering: Stock GM Power Steering

Front differential type / Gears: N/A

Rear differential type / Gears: 12 Bolt/ 3.73's I think

Tire and Wheel Size 15's with 255/55 Rear Tires and 245/45 Fronts

Body

Color Scheme: Kilarny Green/White Roof

Bodyman: Mother Nature and Previous Owners

Modifications: Nothin Yet

Paint Type: Factory

Painter: General Motors

Interior

Color: Black and Green

Material: Vinyl and Velour

Upholsterer: Unknown
Wiring: Stock, redone by me after the P/O stuck a wrench in the fuse box
Modifications: Stereo, Steering Wheel, Tach and more to come

Steering wheel/Column: Stock Stick Shift Tilt Column, Grant Wheel

Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Pioneer Deck, Cheapo speakers. After I get into body work I'll add the speakers in my closet.

Air Conditioning: Not working currently

Instrument Gauges: Stock with a 5" Autometer Tach

Engine

Cubic Inch: 350

Manufacturer: GM Goodwrench

Camshaft: Stock

Cylinder heads: Stock

Valve Covers: Stock

Intake Manifold: Stock

Ignition System: HEI

Exhaust type: 2.5" With Flowmaster Super44's and Headers

Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Q-Jet Carb

Transmission

Automatic / Standard: SM465 (For Now)

Torque Converter: None

Modifications: Diaphragm Clutch

Shifter type: Stock

Drive Shaft: 2 Piece

Biography
What is your name? Donnie

Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc) My hobbies are playing video games and working on my truck. For vacations I like to go home to California and see friends I grew up with.

How long have you owned your truck? Almost 2 Years with this one. This is my 5th Driver truck, 12th Square overall.

What made you decide to buy this truck? It was running truck and the $800 price tag was nice. A lot of it was just to get me out of the Mustang I was driving, I couldn't stand that thing.

How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? What do you enjoy about your truck the most? Its parked outside of my apartment, I hate not having a place to work on it, but my parts collection is getting pretty big, so when it comes time to go to work on it, I should have most everything I need.

Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? My influence is just to have a clean, reliable DD that I don't have to make payments on. For the 2500 I have into it now (Including the price of the truck) Its almost there. Now I need to start the mods and bodywork. I've gotten it to the reliable point

What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? How did you/do you handle it? 9 Months of Unemployment has been a huge factor. I wanted to be dropped and shortened by now, but that'll come soon

What/who is you favorite/best part source? I like Craigslist, and networking to get my parts. For stuff that I wouldn't wanna get from those sources, I like Chris at 73-87chevytrucks.com

What are some things have helped your project to be a success? Paitence is the key. It took me a while to get the truck to where it would fire up every morning. Now it runs like a top.

What is the history behind your truck? I'm the 4th owner of it, it was bought new in Payson,Az and lived most of its life up there. It made its way to Globe, Az a few years back and I bought it from a kid there who beat the thing half to death with neglect.

What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): Its a daily driver now, and may or may not stay that way, but I want to hit some cruise nights with it by next year

What is your favorite memory with your truck? I was driving home from Payson one night and threw the tread of my drivers side rear, It was dark and I couldn't see what had happened. I made it home 40 miles on belt.

Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? Adding the stereo was good one. The truck had the stock AM radio in it when I bought it, and I'm really not a fan of talk radio
If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why? I'd probably put a painless performance wiring harness in it when I re-wired it, the stock harness is kinda brittle.

What are your future plans for your truck? I'm goin to cut it down to a short bed and lower it. I'd like to get an OD 4speed or a 5 speed for it. After that its Shave the cab seam and add 1 Piece windows. Then eventually Paint.

What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Paitnece is the key. Life will always throw curve balls at you to keep you from doin work on yer project.

Instagram: mmmdropp
slammed427 is offline   Reply With Quote