The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #1
rmawyer

1970 C10 Phase I Summary - with attachments

Just met a restoration milestone today when I added new shoes (wheels) to my C10, and I thought it might be helpful to document some of the events from the past couple of years. This could be lengthy, so please allow me this indulgence.

1. General repairs / transducer - the truck was in good shape when purchased, but I did replace tires, get new shocks, and repair the speedometer by replacing the cable. That's when I found out the truck once had cruise control but it had been disabled. I did find a new transducer and plan to reconnect cruise control eventually.

2. Steering wheel - got and replaced steering wheel.

3. Bucket seats - put in new bucket seats and center console this past winter.
Name:  C10 - Bucket seats.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  66.6 KB
4. Door cards - put in new door cards but that prompted me to first replace the door window and vent window felts and rubbers. I tackled the door windows myself but got help for the vent windows. The door cards did not fit so I had to rework the holes with a Dremel tool. When I removed the old passenger door card I found a picture of the prior owner who had passed away. I'm keeping the picture with the truck.
Name:  C10 - Door card.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  85.5 KB
5. Headliner -purchased a headliner kit but had a local "Headliner Medic" do that job.

6. Back trim - my brother in law was renovating his truck and did not plan to use his old trim so I got this from him. Unfortunately he died before he could complete his truck but my sister is completing it in his memory.
Name:  C10 - Back trim.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  110.2 KB
7. Side trim - I did a sample paint of the side trim with the original pattern versus a majority black pattern. I opted for the majority black look with the added bonus of less taping.

8. Front bumper - replaced front bumper. Gave a guy the old bumper in exchange for removing the old rusted bolts and putting on the new bumper.

9. Side markers - replaced all side markers.

10. Wheels / hubs - decided to keep wheels that came with truck. Had them sandblasted and powder coated. Replaced hubs too.
Name:  C10 - Wheel hub.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  111.5 KB
Thanks for all of the help I've received from the forum. Here is a full side view picture.
Name:  C10 - Side Full View.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  109.8 KB

Last edited by rmawyer; 05-05-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Change title
rmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
jocko

Re: 1970 C10 Phase I Summary

attachments no workie, recommend post pics via the site tool
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
rmawyer

Re: 1970 C10 Phase I Summary

Thanks. After many attempts I was able to post pictures.
rmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote