The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #1
Wardo_17

1967 Chevrolet transfercase

Hello everyone I’m new to the forum. I know many of you are very Knowledgable and will hopefully be able to point me in the right direction. I recently bought a 1967 Chevrolet pickup. It’s a 1967 Chevrolet body on a 1967 gmc 4x4 frame. The previous owner body swapped it so it would be a 4 wheel drive truck. Anyways The other day it snowed so I warmed my truck up and put into 4x4. I sat there for about 15 minutes until it was fairly warm and began to leave the driveway. I made it about 100 feet before I heard a Big Bang and looked under to see my transfer case had shattered. Now I looked on the transfercase but couldn’t find any tags to tell me what it is. It’s a 305 gmc v6 matched with what I think Is a Rockwell t221 but I’m not certain. I’m also trying to find a transfer case to replace it but really I don’t know where to start on finding something that old. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

- Christian
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Wardo_17 is offline   Reply With Quote