The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 67-72

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
CarJunkie

Sick of flex hoses as a choice for upper radiator hoses?

I work for orielly auto parts so I deal with parts all day long as you would expect.

Well one fine day I busted an upper radiator hose. Yay. The only thing that came up in the computer was a blasted flex hose. And if you hate those flex hoses as much as I do, you know I was bound and determined to find a molded hose that would fit. so I spent about an hour walking back and forth from the hose wall to the truck to bring you this awesome piece of information.

Part# 20607 gates

It's a molded hose. Of course. And I found that it work perfectly for my 350 after cutting roughly an inch off where it goes into the water neck.

Do note: it will not work if you have the alternator mounted on the drivers side of the motor.

I also found that it works perfectly on my husbands 496 big block. So there you go guys! I hope you find this info useful
Posted via Mobile Device