The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork > Detailing

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
geunther

rally wheel restoration

I am currently restoring my rally wheels (1979 4x4). I bought new 4x4 stickers that go on the rear center caps. Should I line them up to read correctly when the valve stem is at the bottom or at the top?

The factory wheel stampings read correctly when the valve stem is up but you can't see the stamping when the beauty ring is in place.

normally I would show the truck with the stems at the bottom and the 4x4 right side up, but to be consistent should I have them right side up when stems are up.

I know it's an anal question
geunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:04 AM   #2
Mudder

I really don't think anyone will ever pay attention to that detail.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

mudder may be right

but darn, that's detail. You sound like you've done some restorations. My uncle lovingly restored a Rolls (took 30 years) where all the screw heads had to be turned to the SAME angle. But given that these trucks left the assembly line with uneven door & panel gaps, I doubt that you'd ever be faulted. I'd just make 'em consistent w/ each other. Good luck & welcome to the board!

-Todd

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
tnblazerk5
User #12137

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaTruck
but darn, that's detail. You sound like you've done some restorations. My uncle lovingly restored a Rolls (took 30 years) where all the screw heads had to be turned to the SAME angle. But given that these trucks left the assembly line with uneven door & panel gaps, I doubt that you'd ever be faulted. I'd just make 'em consistent w/ each other. Good luck & welcome to the board!

-Todd
not to change the subjuct but you got any pics of the Rolls ?
tnblazerk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

tnblazerk: I'll get some pix to post. Any suggestions for a forum? I was thinking it would still be on topic for "Pictures". I'll PM you when I post. (It may take a while.) Current project is a 1956 Dual Ghia. Google that baby, they're cool. Long, low convertible with the early little hemi. I don't expect this one to take 30 years.

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote