The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
blazerboy72

Thumbs down Schott Panels / Chevy Duty

I have placed two orders with Chevy Duty and both have been bad experiences. The first was a year or two ago when I ordered body mounts for my 72, the mounts had no instruction, were the wrong dimensions and the bolts were nowhere close to the right size. I figured this may have just been a mistake. Last week a I ordered a quarter panel to repair the area around the tail light on my 71. This part turned out to be a bigger mess then my first order. The qurter panel arrived with a piece or cardboard taped to it(poor excuse for a box I guess). The qurter doesnt have the wholes cut the tail lights, the body lines are nowhere close to lining up, and it doesnt have the detail around the wheel opening. It was produced by Schott Panel from Ohio. Sorry for the long and confusing post but I had to vent.
blazerboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

That sucks.What did you do about it?What does ChevyDuty say about it?I`ll be sure to ask if panels are made by Schott.They definately sound sub-standard.I`ve heard about the lack of that detail in the wheel arch before.I`ve always checked that area when looking at trucks because if rust holes had been puttied,it will not have that cove detail.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:46 AM   #3
blazerboy72

It will cost me more to send them than i paid for the, so I guess im going to use them to patch what I can. Ineeded the part around the tail light but it doesnt have that so the panel is not useable to me.
blazerboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote