The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2003, 04:02 AM   #1
C-10volvo

lmc truck

well, i have forked out some good money to this company so far and it has been alright. i got a new fan clutch and fan yesterday, but the fan wouldnt clear the part that bolts up to the pully because it had 4 tabs along the inside. thats the kind of stuff that gets on my nerves. i really hate having to mod new parts that should fit right in the first place. anyone esle have problems with lmc?
For everything else: 1997 BMW M3
C-10volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
MellowYellow70

Have you bought any patch panels from them?
Good customer relations, but some parts aren't worth the paint thats on them.
MellowYellow70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

I have had Good luck so far!!
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:54 PM   #4
stepside454

I plan to buy tail lights & brkts from them for my stepper...hope there good
Old 12-29-2003, 12:14 AM   #5
Sweet72

Bought a roll pan from lmc and lo and behold inside the box was a rejection from a customer with his name address and phone! No explanation other than "poor quality". I installed the part and was happy with it. I ordered some floor pans and rockers and sent them back. just didn't like the looks of the poor quality china made stampings. Some or their products are real nice though.
-Sam
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.
Sweet72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
blink32

I just ordered some stuff. New door locks were good to go, but Gas Filler Rubber Necks just don't seem to be the right size on one end and the vent hoses are for sure too short.
blink32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:25 PM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I have bought some items from them, and while I was able to use almost everything they sent me, nothing went on without modification.
Poor customer relations everytime I called, no tech support to speak of, and shipped me the wrong parts more often than not.

If you use the search, you'll see quite a bit of bad mouthing of LMC, and I was on plenty f those threads, but there's been MANY threads about this.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:36 AM   #8
ILIVE4TRUCKS
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED!

No problems with Chevy Duty. Ive spent alot of $$$ with them. Im looking to spend my next order with Wes at "Heartbeat". He seems to know alot and has a good selection of parts at good prices.
ILIVE4TRUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #9
Primed67

I ordered new window rubbers and hardware from LMC. Well the back glass rubber was perfect but the front was large. I thought it was just me but it was too big. It showed to be the correct part number. When installed it bunches up and it leaks like crazy. I haven't got around to installing the rest of it but I hope that it fits better than the front windshield rubber.
2014 1/2 ton Crew Cab Chevrolet 4x4
Primed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #10
MOTHERTRUCKERS

Most of lmc rubber products are made in India, as for customer relations ya gotta be kidding! all they know is a part number for a part description, hell half the people there have only seen pictures of the trucks they sell parts for. They have a great free catalog with lots of good pictures for reference but then your paying for the catalog with higher prices and lower quality parts. Shop around with the board vendors that also work on trucks, know the parts and can give you a good description of the good and bad experience they have had with a certain part. Our main business is building trucks and selling good quality that have been tested for fit and quality BEFORE they go into our catalog. Alot of the other board vendors do this also. Check them out. We and other board members have a love and commitment to these trucks and like me will do anything possible to get you the best quality for the best price so your a repeat customer. We have been offering a full 100% refund including shipping on our parts for 5 years and I can count on 1 hand the number of times we have had to do a refund because was not up to the customers quality standards, 3 were board members building high dollar custom trucks for shows. How many times have you had a problem with a board vendor that they did not help you in anyway possible? When was the last time you saw lmc on this board. Brothers trucks watch this board constantly looking for feedback on their parts and fixing any problem that may be a concern to customers, That's commitment! Think about it. just my 2 cents.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:05 PM   #11
Blue Beard

I think the dealers should disclose where the parts are made.

Would help customers decide whether to buy...........
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #12
MOTHERTRUCKERS

ALL sheetmetal is made in Taiwan except GM and TABCO! Not all Taiwan sheetmetal is the same, there are 3 different stamping plants overseas. All bumpers are Taiwan also. The term GM RESTORATION PART is not a guaranty of a quality part approved by GM, it's a trademark licensed by GM like the blue oval from Ford. Most weather stripping from the big dealers is made in India, most board dealers is made in the USA. Ask before you buy and check out the return policy on inferior parts, if there is a restocking fee or you have to pay the cost of shipping back to them you lose, if you ordered the correct part and they sent the wrong part will they send the right part and call tag the wrong part at no cost to you? When you call to place your order can the person your talking to give you any info on quality and fit or just that that part number is for a part in their catalog? Some of the big companies advertizing in truck mags are very good honest quality minded truck people and some are just selling parts to fund their ads and free catalogs and could care less if a part fits cause they get you with a restocking fee and you pay shipping back to them.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:57 PM   #13
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Question MOTHERTRUCKERS

The Mothertruckers web page indicates you are an authorized dealer for LMC. Is this an LMC other than the one mentioned in this thread?
Old 01-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #14
MOTHERTRUCKERS

Yes we are, we use them for hard parts like brackets for bb trucks, bolts and other small parts etc. Also for local customers who look the part # up in their catalog and order thru us.