The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Phaedrus

GMC Pauls

Just recieved my rear sport bumper from GMCPauls.com and got what appears to be a re-boxed junk warranty return bumper. I don't know if they just slipped up or if this in indicative of the way things are being done there now. I had always been impressed in the past with the quick shipping and quality parts from them, which is why I always consider them first even when there are other retailers with a lower price, but this in my mind is inexcusable. I sent them an e-mail with photos and I really hope they make it right... I guess the ball is in their court.

Last edited by Phaedrus; 06-11-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: less inflammatory title
Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
GMCPaul

Re: GMC Pauls selling junked warranty parts?

Hi, T**
Since you posted here before emailing us I figured I'd reply here first before replying to the email you sent us after posting this.
Yes it was definitely a mistake, we will get the bumper exchanged immediately for a new bumper. We did not re-package a returned bumper as we have all of our bumpers that are returned for warranty exchanged directly through our suppliers warehouse and the call tag on it is from their warehouse. So our supplier must have mistakenly shipped us a bumper that was returned for warranty in a stocking order for here, normally we catch this right off the bat due to the call tag found on the box. We will immediately get another new bumper shipping to you. I'll let you know if the manufacturer wants the bad bumper back in case they do please hold onto the box it arrived in and place it back in the box and once we know if they wish to enter a call tag for it I'll let you know, if they do not want to you will have the option to dispose of it. I'm extremely sorry for this inconvenience our shipping department normally catches this type of error as they are supposed to open all sheetmetal and bumpers before shipping to inspect them and they obviously did not in this case and we will get it rectified immediately.
Paul @ GMCPauls
Online Catalog- http://www.gmcpauls.com
GMCPauls Truck Parts
505 Adams Drive
Rockville, IN 47872
Fax: 773-442-0103
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
GMCPaul

T this is Paul Jr. I run the shipping department for my farther here and I need to appoligize for this error, we were in the middle of pulling your order for shipment to you when the Fed-Ex driver arrived before we were done so I hurriedly grabbed the bumper to finish getting your order out and weighed and printed the label while our Fed-Ex driver waited so as not to delay your receiving the bumper a day later. In my hurry to get it ready I did not inspect it and just placed the label on the box and handed it to the driver and I'm extremly sorry for this error it definately came back to bite me. We will get this taken care of right away for you. I'm very sorry for the delay this will have caused you and offer my sincerest appoligies!!!
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Phaedrus

Thank you for your quick response. I can definately relate to the mad scramble to fill and package an order as the UPS/ FedEx / SpeeDee truck pulls up, seems like it happens daily at work. I apoligize for the what now in the light of day seems an inflammatory title to this thread and am attempting to edit it. After I e-mailed you yesterday I was definately hot under the collar over the whole deal, hence this thread. Your commitment to customer service and willingness to correct any mistakes that may happen is why I choose to do business with board vendors like you. Thanks again,

Tom

Last edited by Phaedrus; 06-11-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
GMCPaul

Thanks Tom, a new bumper is shipping today, I'll get you the tracking # later today in a email. The bad bumper our supplier will be issuing a call tag for so place it back in the box and have it available for UPS pickup next week. If no one will be there leave it outside your door where they would leave a delivery with a note to UPS. You can be sure the replacement will far outshine what you already received. To be honest we've only ever had 3-4 bumpers ever need warrantied for any reason out of at least a thousand or more sold by us. I'm very sorry this happened I have very strict policies in place on inspecting our parts before shipping and their rush to get something out skipping this in their hurry should never have happened especially with it having been my son who overseas everyone in shipping as it only takes a minute or 2 to do. I hope you have a great weekend.
Paul @ GMCPauls
Old 06-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
JimmyFloyd

Stand up guys here. Glad to see it got resolved.

Last edited by JimmyFloyd; 06-11-2010 at 09:13 AM.
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
cableguy0

I was surpised to see the posting title.... These guys have been on the board forever and have always had excellent service. I was very happy with my purchases a few years ago. Customer service is second to none.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: GMC Pauls

Thread title edited at the thread starters request.

Paul, miss seeing ya around. Hope life has slowed down a bit for you

Paul Jr, thanks for jumping in and explaining the situation as well.

Its really good to see you guys posting again.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Responsibility, that is what makes things OK when a mistake is made. Someone stepping up and saying, hey it was me and I apologize. We all make them and it takes a big man to admit a mistake, but a bigger man to work to not make that mistake again, and also a bigger man to accept the apology and move on.

My hat off to GMCPauls and to Phaedrus!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
lt704

I am impressed with all these interchanging posts, great outcome. I have never ordered anything from GMCPAUL, after reading his honesty posts I would feel at ease ordering from him, Graet job here people....Russ
lt704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
big_al_71

That's great that everything worked out!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
truckdude239

i've ordered from paul many times and have always been happy he is a stand up guy

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #13
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I just received my 1st order from GMCPauls, fast shipping AND was the most economical too! Thank You!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #14
jwmdnm

I've been watching various comments from customers about vendors and their transactions to decide who gets my future business for a rather extensive resto.

GMC Paul and Paul Jr. - you've got it. I'll be sending in my first order very soon.

Jim

Last edited by jwmdnm; 07-02-2010 at 04:20 AM.
jwmdnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #15
The_BullDog

i agree. stand up guys. so often we deal with companys that don't listen, fix, or care about issues with there products and the manner they come in. GMCpauls if i ever need anything your top of the list. good job guys.
The_BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
dougo

I've been meaning to place my first order with GMC Pauls (just have not gotten around to it). A couple months back I had inquired with Paul about a certain GMC emblem I was looking for. I got an immediate response, including a second response with pics and measurements of the emblem (that is not available). Paul had taken pics and measurements of an OEM and sent to me -incase I decide to produce one. Paul went out of his way to provide me information and I had yet to even place my first order.

Stand up guys, and I will be placing an order within the next couple weeks.

-Doug
Old 07-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

GMC Pauls is a top drawer, human operation where you will always get the
service we all should expect. When I was building my engine, my engine
mounts were out of stock and I got daily emails on where the situation stood.
Needless to say, the mounts arrived in time for install.

These folks are not only affordable but are a pleasure to deal with.
Neat seeing an other success story from one of our treasured vendors.

Last edited by ETsC10; 07-03-2010 at 12:23 AM.
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #18
GMCPaul

Thanks everone for the kind words!! We strive on every order here that it should be treated by us as if it were our own order were handling which means prompt shipment of the highest quality parts we can get, notifications to customers of backorders that will take more than a few days from order date to ship to them and quick attention to any problems that occurs as thats what we all want when we place a order.
We are very happy to know that the effort we put forth is appreciated!!! MY Thanks to ALL of you for your support!!
Liz I've missed not being around as much as when this board first began its life and I'm overjoyed that this board has become in my opinion the premier site for Chevy & GMC truck owners, in regards to life slowing down a little I've also learned that life only seems to get busier as you age it seems, 4 kids, 7 grandchildren, a full time business with a couple of part time ones thrown in keeps me hopping for sure and I'm only 47, and God Bless Trudy is still cancer free since the surgeries, I hope your all doing well and your keeping Josh under control oh maybe thats backwards on that comment;>)
Thanks again everyone!!!
GMCPaul