The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
tim21391

I visited lmc today thought id share.

well i was in the area so i figured might as well visit lmc. went in there.. wasnt what i thought in mind.. all it is. is a lobby with a few parts on the wall a few grilles on the wall here and there.. and a 72 chevy sittin in there.. all original 31,000 acutal miles. and an old ford.. then u gotta look threw the catalog then give them a part number then they go run and get the part.. i thought it be cool to go look at the warehouses...just thought id share.. that orange and white truck in the catalog they have through out the book is the truck in the showroom... ill post pics tomorrow
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: I visited lmc today thought id share.

speaking of LMC. I got a box of stuff from them today. One of the tail lights for my '50 was broke, but all of the other glass was good. I called them up, and they had no issues with sending me a new one. Should be here next week. A++ service IMO.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

thier showroom now is a LOT better than what it was. originally, it was simply a white lobby with an order desk. At least now, there some eye candy.

I hope someday they will become a site supporter. I say something to them everytime I'm there.....

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I`d like to go there.But,who would expect a sale floor from a mail-order company?They`d prolly rather no walk-ins,but will sell i you want to drop by and know what you want,like a business to business operation.They can`t answer questions over the phone to their worldwide customer base.I`m sure having customers walk in with questions is even worse for them because they have to look at you and say,"I don`t know".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
LEEVON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
thier showroom now is a LOT better than what it was. originally, it was simply a white lobby with an order desk. At least now, there some eye candy.

I hope someday they will become a site supporter. I say something to them everytime I'm there.....
I remember then, the service was less than stellar, it seemed like truck parts were a bother for them the couple of times I went in. Didn't they start with MG parts? I seem to remember alot of Brit stuff hanging on the walls.

It was their catalogue that made the business in my opinion with all of the detail and exploded views.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim21391 View Post
well i was in the area so i figured might as well visit lmc. went in there.. wasnt what i thought in mind.. all it is. is a lobby with a few parts on the wall a few grilles on the wall here and there.. and a 72 chevy sittin in there.. all original 31,000 acutal miles. and an old ford.. then u gotta look threw the catalog then give them a part number then they go run and get the part.. i thought it be cool to go look at the warehouses...just thought id share.. that orange and white truck in the catalog they have through out the book is the truck in the showroom... ill post pics tomorrow

SO what does one expect from a warehouse type company? There is no money made in doing a fancy store, the money is through those swinging door---on the shelves behind them. The hundreds of shelves that make up their warehouse. You should have seen it when the showroom was about a third of the size it is now.

There is a guy that has truck parts in KC that has three stores. He has a showroom at each one and has things of interest all around the stores---however a lot of stuff is ordered when you want it. His market is in the custom wheels and goodies for later model trucks, but can get items for older. LMC deals in a lot of stuff that no other shop in town has. So you see showroom or not there are losses.

There is also a place in Wichita that has a showroom, but there is a limit on what they have on the floor. They are called "Truckstuff" and their market is mostly late model and work truck items. Their warehouse is nothing like LMCs, either.

By the way that showroom and sales counter is OPEN on Saturdays and Sundays---now that is a service concept.

Last edited by piecesparts; 03-21-2009 at 10:16 AM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
70cst

I will still deal with Board Vendors 99% of the time because they care enough to suppport this sight which makes it possible to do what we do here...plus guys like WES, Paul, Tim, Frank and others know our trucks, they live our trucks, they can talk trucks and more than likely are price competitive with most parts. Plus most of our Board Vendors see us as a friend who needs to buy a part while other Vendors see us as a way to make profit from some guy off the street. JMHO

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Good Thought 70CST, however, one can't beat it if they are right on the front door step (so to speak) and you need the part TODAY. Since I am a member of the Genuine Chevy GMC Truck Club of KC, there is a 10% discount over the counter. Most of what I have purchased from LMC has been things like a new fuel tank for my 91 Silverado and associated parts for it. I look for good prices in this extreme economy and between the Chevy Dealer in local town (I get "trade" prices over the parts counter), the local Sport Truck Store (the guy sells at a large discount on advertised prices) and places in KC (LMC, Classic Parts), (all within a driving time of less than an hour) I have to weigh out my options. By the way, I will be at Classic Parts this Sunday for a Truck Club meeting. They are great people.

I agree that the vendors are the best choices, but many of my purchases in the last 2 years have been to keep my DD vehicles road worthy vice fixing them up. I will be deep into their parts bins when I get my lead butt back into the garage and start on the 68 custom again.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
Skirkpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
I will still deal with Board Vendors 99% of the time because they care enough to suppport this sight which makes it possible to do what we do here...plus guys like WES, Paul, Tim, Frank and others know our trucks, they live our trucks, they can talk trucks and more than likely are price competitive with most parts. Plus most of our Board Vendors see us as a friend who needs to buy a part while other Vendors see us as a way to make profit from some guy off the street. JMHO
It's kinda like bill gates doesn't give money to all the computer clubs in the world, but where would they be without him? we are spoiled with the internet, alot of guys here remember driving old neighborhoods, and waiting for Sunday morning papers to hopefully find an obsolete part. LMC, Classic, The paddock, O.P.G., have served a huge need for many years.
Skirkpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #10
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
Good Thought 70CST, however, one can't beat it if they are right on the front door step (so to speak) and you need the part TODAY. Since I am a member of the Genuine Chevy GMC Truck Club of KC, there is a 10% discount over the counter. Most of what I have purchased from LMC has been things like a new fuel tank for my 91 Silverado and associated parts for it. I look for good prices in this extreme economy and between the Chevy Dealer in local town (I get "trade" prices over the parts counter), the local Sport Truck Store (the guy sells at a large discount on advertised prices) and places in KC (LMC, Classic Parts), (all within a driving time of less than an hour) I have to weigh out my options. By the way, I will be at Classic Parts this Sunday for a Truck Club meeting. They are great people.

I agree that the vendors are the best choices, but many of my purchases in the last 2 years have been to keep my DD vehicles road worthy vice fixing them up. I will be deep into their parts bins when I get my lead butt back into the garage and start on the 68 custom again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirkpat View Post
It's kinda like bill gates doesn't give money to all the computer clubs in the world, but where would they be without him? we are spoiled with the internet, alot of guys here remember driving old neighborhoods, and waiting for Sunday morning papers to hopefully find an obsolete part. LMC, Classic, The paddock, O.P.G., have served a huge need for many years.
You both make good points and I agree...sometimes convience and locality does play a part in ones purchase. My thought was if one isn't in a rush, assuming there isn't a parts store just down the block, and if the parts are for that special truck...then I will go with Board Vendors. If I had a new truck than I would go to whatever is convient. Again...you both make good points.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
Ackattack

I've been to the LMC "store" just to save on shipping. There is/was a place that used to be called "Chevy Duty" that had a nice show room somewhere in KCMO. They go by another name now.

I'm not a big fan of LMC, although they do have some of the little things that other vendors don't (such as bolts).
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
Fastfun

If you want to see a show room go to Car and Truck shop in Southern Califironia. They have a lot of product on the showroom floor and they have a lot of counter business
Fastfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
spinning wheels

I'm a swap meet kinda guy

I have, form time to time, purchased from some of the local vendors, two of them site supporters.

I used to live in Corona, Calif. So Brothers was a local stop for me. I haven't been to their new place, new as in the last 8 years.

CPP is another nice place, lots of kool stuff.

Real gear heads work at both of those stores/shops.

I have ordered stuff from Jegs, and in their catolog it states, "ask sales for info on this product.". When I ask. They have no clue what I am talking about.

Fastfun. What shop are you refering to? And where is it located?

Last edited by spinning wheels; 03-21-2009 at 11:49 PM.
spinning wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinning wheels View Post
I'm a swap meet kinda guy

I have, form time to time, purchased from some of the local vendors, two of them site supporters.

I used to live in Corona, Calif. So Brothers was a local stop for me. I haven't been to their new place, new as in the last 8 years.

CPP is another nice place, lots of kool stuff.

Real gear heads work at both of those stores/shops.

I have ordered stuff from Jegs, and in their catolog it states, "ask sales for info on this product.". When I ask. They have no clue what I am talking about.

Fastfun. What shop are you refering to? And where is it located?

Jegs turned me off to their support many years ago, due to poor quality of service and parts. I buy from Summit Racing for the most part, due to pricing is the same, but service is outstanding. I have also learned that there are MANY outlets outside of the large super stores that are nice to know. I have found a back track to places like "Power Master" items and Tuff Stuff alternators. It never hurts to talk to the businesses themselves.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
shooterpcb

I have been to Year One, Goodmark, Rick's First Gen Camaros, Summit Racing and National Parts Depot. They all are basically a parts counter and a small showroom. NOT a store where you go shopping. The Summit Racing in McDunough, Georgia(just south of ATL) is more like a store where you can shop in a showroom, but you need to tell a clerk what you want and they go to the back stockrooms to get it.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
garryk

The other place here in KC area is Classic Parts of America (used to be Chevy Duty). They have a pretty nice showroom. They have a beautiful black first gen Jimmy. It's a neat place to stop by if you are in the area. Their counter people are pretty knowledgeable.

My experience with LMC has been you better know what you need when you go in. The counter people aren't truck guys. But their showroom is much nicer than it used to be.

1968 LWB C20
1969 Blazer
1972 Suburban
1989 Suburban (Beast)
garryk is offline   Reply With Quote