The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
chevybuldr

Mikes bump and grind anybody order anythign recent

I placed an order with mikes bump and grind garage this week. My credit card was billed and then credit back. I tried calling and have left messages and and emails. Has anybody ordered anything in the last few weeks?
chevybuldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Mikes bump and grind anybody order anythign recent

Why don't you PM Mike. His user name is mbgmike and he was on here today.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuldr View Post
I placed an order with mikes bump and grind garage this week. My credit card was billed and then credit back. I tried calling and have left messages and and emails. Has anybody ordered anything in the last few weeks?
Yes and everything went great again with my order. I ordered a couple of Blazer/Jimmy patch panels about 3 weeks ago and they got here around 10 days later. It had been 2 years since I had been able to order anything so I didn't talk to him personally this time since the website ordering system is now online. When it was only phone orders I talked to him many times and he seems like a real good guy. I'm sure you will be able to get your situation resolved.

Later---DAC

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

I ordered a few small things earlier this year, via telephone.

My stuff was on my front porch 2 days later.
I got no problems ordering from him again.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
chevybuldr

Just to let everybody know Mikes bump and grind is top notch. They were able to fix my order and took care of me on the price. For once I didnt feel like I was taken by shipping. Thank you Mikes bump and grind.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

I was confident it would work out for you!

Later---DAC

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
nhtc33d

I placed an order with him around thanksgiving for some inner door bottoms for my 65.
We had a small issue with my order due to the holidays and the company that supplies the parts to him moving to a different location. Mike took care of it right away!!! I would not hestate to order from him again. Mike seems like a stand up honest guy to me.
nhtc33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
mbgmike

Just noticed this.
Thanks to everyone for the comments. We try our best but sometimes things get out of wack. Its not easy when your a small business like us, with limited resources like employees We really appreciate the kind words.

November seemed to be a hectic month around here. I was sick, My son got married in Richmond and I drove up their for that. We are working on opening a new store in Kansas, we have some backed up body work to finish. Some of our suppliers were out of parts. Our internet was down,We got fed up with AT&T and changed providers and they weren't going to release are phone numbers after we cancelled and went with the new company. So are phones were out a few days until they released them to the new company. We could call out but no one could call in. We weren't able to send tracking info on orders and comunications fell apart
I wanted to pack it all up and move to Costa Rica
Thanks again and if there is a problem be rest assured I am trying my best to resolve any problems.

Mike
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
ol Curt

I would love to just see them rebuild or upgrade their website so you could actually find something on it. I'm more of a late nite orderer.
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Curt View Post
I would love to just see them rebuild or upgrade their website so you could actually find something on it. I'm more of a late nite orderer.
We are always trying to improve it and are open to all suggestions. We looked into and tried some professional companies designs but they never seemed to do what we wanted them to do. They made them too fancy and too much like everyone elses that sell parts and had trouble integrating the existing shopping cart into the new site

You can do a search for parts it works pretty good.
Just this week we have had 2418 successful searches and only 183 unsuccessful searches. Most were due to thefact the parts were not listed in the shoping cart yet. about 10 were misspelled words.

I know we do have to get some of the descriptions more organized so they appear in order better. This online store has been a challenge for us. We do parts not websites but I try my best to edit it and get it beter, Sometimes I think I should hire a pro but then our parts costs go up.

We will see what we can do this year to make it better.

Mike
Old 01-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
POPO1984

I just drove down to mikes today (5 minutes away) and got all the parts for rebuilding my front end and both inner rockers. Great guy i have talked to him several time before and he is always willing to help. I will probably use them exclusivly for my build unless they dont carry a part but i have not asked him for anything that he didnt have yet or couldnt get
POPO1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #12
ol Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
We are always trying to improve it and are open to all suggestions. We looked into and tried some professional companies designs but they never seemed to do what we wanted them to do. They made them too fancy and too much like everyone elses that sell parts and had trouble integrating the existing shopping cart into the new site

You can do a search for parts it works pretty good.
Just this week we have had 2418 successful searches and only 183 unsuccessful searches. Most were due to thefact the parts were not listed in the shoping cart yet. about 10 were misspelled words.

I know we do have to get some of the descriptions more organized so they appear in order better. This online store has been a challenge for us. We do parts not websites but I try my best to edit it and get it beter, Sometimes I think I should hire a pro but then our parts costs go up.

We will see what we can do this year to make it better.

Mike
Mike,
You have a lot of items to offer. There is a generation of people out there who are the "I want it now" gen. My kids are part of it and I have to admit some of that has rubbed off on me. It's always a gamble investing money in a business. Upgrading the site could mean higher parts, or skyrocketing sales!
Good luck either way.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #13
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Curt View Post
Mike,
You have a lot of items to offer. There is a generation of people out there who are the "I want it now" gen. My kids are part of it and I have to admit some of that has rubbed off on me. It's always a gamble investing money in a business. Upgrading the site could mean higher parts, or skyrocketing sales!
Good luck either way.

Yes we have many of those customers. I wish we could please every one of them but its impossible. We work on our site all the time.Its really just a lack of resource thing (or lack of manpower). Some people are mad cause we don't have every part it in stock and raise cain about it. One day its in stock then the next day its not I don't know of any company that has everything in stock. Heck are suppliers don't always have it. We get calls even from local national chain stores to see if we have the parts when they run out. It can be rather crazy at times pleasing everyone.
Like I said we are upgrading as fast as we can but every part can take as much as 1/2 hour to put on the site. That is what I try to do on Sundays my day OFF We will make it better.
I do thank you for the imput. We always want to know what we need to do better.
Mike
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
chevybuldr

Mike dont worry about it you can only please half the people half the time.
Thats the way I look at it. No matter how far we bend over backwards sombody wants more.
I was pleased with the service and how attention oriented you guys were to my order. You took care of me on the price and the shipping.

Mikes bump and grind ROCKS!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
ol Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
Yes we have many of those customers. I wish we could please every one of them but its impossible. We work on our site all the time.Its really just a lack of resource thing (or lack of manpower). Some people are mad cause we don't have every part it in stock and raise cain about it. One day its in stock then the next day its not I don't know of any company that has everything in stock. Heck are suppliers don't always have it. We get calls even from local national chain stores to see if we have the parts when they run out. It can be rather crazy at times pleasing everyone.
Like I said we are upgrading as fast as we can but every part can take as much as 1/2 hour to put on the site. That is what I try to do on Sundays my day OFF We will make it better.
I do thank you for the imput. We always want to know what we need to do better.
Mike
Mike,
I liked your answer! I have been a businessman and always appreciate an open honest guy who tries to please his customers. I am going to be ordering a Hurst 3666809 shifter from you later in the week. I'll wait till Friday to call as that is pay day!