The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #1
72 Copper C-10

Thumbs up Tbone1964

Hello everyone,

I bought some Tac/Vac Tins from Tom and I'm very happy with the buying experience. the tins were exactly what he described, price was fair, and Tom does very good at responding to questions, concerns, and PMs! I will defiantly be buying from him again!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679355

Last edited by ETsC10; 09-20-2015 at 11:25 PM.
72 Copper C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
BMERDOC

Re: Tbone1964

I've had a talk or two with him. Seems like a good upstanding guy.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #3
Bomp

Tom is a real good guy.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

I wholeheartedly agree! A credit to the board.

Forum Guidelines and Rules
Buying and Selling Code of Conduct
Become a Board Supporter!
Truck FAQ

Ellen... the boards artsy-fartsy, eclectic, truck-lovin' gal-member...
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Wow, you guys/gals are very kind and I appreciate the kind words.

Sorry I just noticed this. I have been busy with other things lately.

It has always been my pleasure to be fair and to try and help when I can.

Thank you again and take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Rig7

I have what might be a dumb question for you. I have a 69 GMC C1500, I have been tracing wires for my fuel gauge and on my cluster plug there is a wire black that says it is the fuel gauge feed. It goes from the plug and hangs down with a clip type of thing on the end. Can you tell me where that goes and is it a ground. I am trying to get my fuel gauge working again. I put in a new turn signal switch and now I am having problems. With the fuel gauge and brake lights, everything else works fine. But that one wire is really getting to me not knowing anything about it. Can you help me please?
Feeling stupid!
Rig7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig7 View Post
I have what might be a dumb question for you. I have a 69 GMC C1500, I have been tracing wires for my fuel gauge and on my cluster plug there is a wire black that says it is the fuel gauge feed. It goes from the plug and hangs down with a clip type of thing on the end. Can you tell me where that goes and is it a ground. I am trying to get my fuel gauge working again. I put in a new turn signal switch and now I am having problems. With the fuel gauge and brake lights, everything else works fine. But that one wire is really getting to me not knowing anything about it. Can you help me please?
Feeling stupid!
No need to feel stupid This stuff can be a little complex but I will try and simplify so you can diag.

Can you post clear photos here of your fuse panel. fuel gauge feed at the fuse panel should be a single tan wire that goes to the sending unit.

The gauges/cluster get ground through the harness connector. Cavity 7 of the cluster connector is black and grounds the complete cluster.

What does your fuel gauge do or not do? Key on or key off?

Sorry I took a long time to reply to this.

Let me know if you still need help.

Tom

Old 10-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
broberson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
No need to feel stupid This stuff can be a little complex but I will try and simplify so you can diag.

Can you post clear photos here of your fuse panel. fuel gauge feed at the fuse panel should be a single tan wire that goes to the sending unit.

The gauges/cluster get ground through the harness connector. Cavity 7 of the cluster connector is black and grounds the complete cluster.

What does your fuel gauge do or not do? Key on or key off?

Sorry I took a long time to reply to this.

Let me know if you still need help.

Tom
I can reply with mine. Tan wire runs to fuel sender. I just replaced the sending unit, so problem shouldn’t be on that end. The gauge with the key off is higher than the full level. Key on, the gauge wire attached to the sending unit, the needle doesn’t move. If you have th key on and unplug the wire from the sending unit, the needle continues to bury past the full mark, past the hash marks completely, down where the light for temp is. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device
broberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:53 PM   #9
cwcarpenter98

Another great dealing with Tom here!

Got my speedo back from Classic Gauge and Cluster today! Tom went above and beyond to restore my speedo and odometer to working condition at a great price that any college student can afford.

Tom replaced the old odometer roll that had stuck with a good, working one, replaced the gears inside the odometer that were chewed up, repainted the speedo needle, and checked to ensure the speedo was calibrated correctly. He also repainted the back of it to make it all look nice.

Check out Classic Gauge and Cluster on Facebook or TBONE1964 on here for all your cluster repair and restoration needs. Tom does great work, and I'm stoked with how it turned out.

I haven't had a working odometer in Frankentruck for years
It's so nice to have the entire cluster back to working condition.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:23 AM   #10
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Hello Christian,

What a nice complement. Thank you so much. This is why I wake up each day I believe. Some speedometer/odometer work does not require a $250.00 rebuild, just a few good used parts and a little time and you have what you need.

I have a passion for providing a good cluster service to those who trust my services. Everyone has choices and I appreciate those who choose my work.

Very happy Frankentruck has another working part ��

Old 11-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #11
cwcarpenter98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Hello Christian,

What a nice complement. Thank you so much. This is why I wake up each day I believe. Some speedometer/odometer work does not require a $250.00 rebuild, just a few good used parts and a little time and you have what you need.

I have a passion for providing a good cluster service to those who trust my services. Everyone has choices and I appreciate those who choose my work.

Very happy Frankentruck has another working part ��
You're welcome! And thanks again for a great product! I've been driving it a bit since I got the speedo in and it's just so much better now

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:11 PM   #12
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Ttt for Tom. Very pleased with the tach vac oem gauge cluster he refurbished for me. Excited to install it come spring. Thank you Tom.
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote