The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2021, 11:43 PM   #1
duramax55

power windows

hi wondering what is everyone using for power windows with vent window removed in a 55-2 chevy What is the best bang for your bucks. Anyone using a universal one and where to get it from?
duramax55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
jwhotrod

Re: power windows

talk to nu-relics they are great. original type scissor mechanisms with GM motors and switches. they also understand modified window arrangements. i had removed the wind wings in my 35 chevy and called them, first words out of their mouth was, " did you remove the wind wings" i said yes. Second statement was " did you tube the doors" to which i also said yes. then she said ok, ill send you the extended widow bottom channels to support the window extra length, and we have the templates to locate the mechanisms in your doors. I followed the instructions and everything fell into place like it was original equipment. great people.
jwhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:44 PM   #3
duramax55

Re: power windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhotrod View Post
talk to nu-relics they are great. original type scissor mechanisms with GM motors and switches. they also understand modified window arrangements. i had removed the wind wings in my 35 chevy and called them, first words out of their mouth was, " did you remove the wind wings" i said yes. Second statement was " did you tube the doors" to which i also said yes. then she said ok, ill send you the extended widow bottom channels to support the window extra length, and we have the templates to locate the mechanisms in your doors. I followed the instructions and everything fell into place like it was original equipment. great people.
i was looking at those. I will give them a shout thanks for the reply
duramax55 is offline   Reply With Quote