The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #701
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Thanks Christian...appreciate the pictures. I did a little research and I may go with 135 degree or straight plug boots instead of the 90's..like this.

What wires did you end up going with so they didn't give you RF interference?

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #702
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
I ended up using MSD 31199. I bought them from Napa...they were a little cheaper than anyone else.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #703
88Stanger

So as i mentioned earlier, i have the FiTech Power Adder EFI system that i tired some time ago and after a short run with it, i moved over to a full blown out LS motor (This is in my 1969 C10). But, after reading your posts and a few others, i think that i am going to go with the Holly 4150 EFI kit. Few reasons are customer service and working knowledge of the company, ease of use and maintenance, looks and well if i am going to do this i want to install a spot in the customer center console to store the little computer interface module so i can see the parameter of what is going on at any time. I only want to do this once, and the Fitech and Holly units are not the same. So, God willing my Harley sells this Friday (hate it but due to past back and neck issues, it must go) i will have the extra funds to just buy the unit. I have the EFI pump in the tank already, so..... Fuel regulator and off i go.... LOL
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #704
roll_the_dice

Quote:
I forgot to ask...are you having RF or other issues with your FiTech?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #705
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
So as i mentioned earlier, i have the FiTech Power Adder EFI system that i tired some time ago and after a short run with it, i moved over to a full blown out LS motor (This is in my 1969 C10). But, after reading your posts and a few others, i think that i am going to go with the Holly 4150 EFI kit. Few reasons are customer service and working knowledge of the company, ease of use and maintenance, looks and well if i am going to do this i want to install a spot in the customer center console to store the little computer interface module so i can see the parameter of what is going on at any time. I only want to do this once, and the Fitech and Holly units are not the same. So, God willing my Harley sells this Friday (hate it but due to past back and neck issues, it must go) i will have the extra funds to just buy the unit. I have the EFI pump in the tank already, so..... Fuel regulator and off i go.... LOL
I feel you! I hated pulling the Fitech. I had high hopes and it would never run right on my truck. In hindsight, if I ever (when) I put a new or rebuilt engine in another vehicle, I won't buy the EFI until I am ready to fire it up. My warranty wa up before I ever turned the key. There should be a built in hour counter or something that they can tell when it was used for the first time or how many hours it has on the unit for warranty issues.

I really like the Holley. It fires up every time without pumping the gas. The IAC is steady in the range it should be in 2-10%. I like the handheld on the Holley better too. I am thinking of making a holder for it that will fold under the dash and I can fold it down when I want to with a hinge or something or put it in an ashtray... I didn't trust the Fitech so I always have the handheld out, I am ready for the day I don't really need to look at it. I am getting close!

I thought about putting a carb on the truck, but since I had run the fuel lines and had an in tank fuel pump, I just bit the bullet and went with the Holley...I am glad I did!

Is your Fitech still under warranty?
Old 04-14-2021, 11:01 AM   #706
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:
I forgot to ask...are you having RF or other issues with your FiTech?
Not that I know of. I just wanted to know what wires you went with so when I need new wires what to look for so I don't have issues.

Thanks

I really haven't had an issues with my fitech, but if I was to purchase again, I wouldn't buy fitech. They have let too many people down.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #707
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Not that I know of. I just wanted to know what wires you went with so when I need new wires what to look for so I don't have issues.

Thanks
Good...glad you aren't having issues! I will let you know the long term reliability of the wires too. So far so good though.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #708
88Stanger

Quote:
I feel you! I hated pulling the Fitech. I had high hopes and it would never run right on my truck. In hindsight, if I ever (when) I put a new or rebuilt engine in another vehicle, I won't buy the EFI until I am ready to fire it up. My warranty wa up before I ever turned the key. There should be a built in hour counter or something that they can tell when it was used for the first time or how many hours it has on the unit for warranty issues.

I really like the Holley. It fires up every time without pumping the gas. The IAC is steady in the range it should be in 2-10%. I like the handheld on the Holley better too. I am thinking of making a holder for it that will fold under the dash and I can fold it down when I want to with a hinge or something or put it in an ashtray... I didn't trust the Fitech so I always have the handheld out, I am ready for the day I don't really need to look at it. I am getting close!

I thought about putting a carb on the truck, but since I had run the fuel lines and had an in tank fuel pump, I just bit the bullet and went with the Holley...I am glad I did!

Is your Fitech still under warranty?
Oh heck no it is not. LOL I bought it about 3 years ago. I was going to use it on a different motor in my 1969 C10, but long story short, i converted to an LS with full Injection, so this was on the shelf... sitting. When it was running on the truck for a week, it was not right, but i never tinkered with it alot out of frustration and other things, almost went to Carb, then my dumb butt decided to go with LS, lol. Love the LS platform, but the 1966 is old school, full roller cam, aluminum heads, 383 stroker motor with Muncie 4-speed, but i want EFI and so, if things work out and God willing my Harley sells, i will be getting the Holly EFI 4150, it is the one that looks like an old holly carb. I like the look and it will accept adders.... HE HE
Old 04-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #709
roll_the_dice

Looks like my valve covers made the manufacturers facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/pmlyourcove...type=3&theater
Old 04-19-2021, 06:47 PM   #710
damnyankee36

Well, that's cool!
damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:24 PM   #711
Johns 66

So Glad its running smoothly now.......Pretty cool they posted your engine bay.....AWESOME
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:54 PM   #712
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
So Glad its running smoothly now.......Pretty cool they posted your engine bay.....AWESOME
Thanks John! We need to catch up soon!

I also made PML Valve Covers install page on their website...I am excited...
Old 04-26-2021, 08:08 PM   #713
roll_the_dice

I finally found a wire loom that would sort of work. I had to fabricate a bracket, but I used the main part of the loom. It is exactly how I wanted and no more burned plug wires!
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2021, 01:36 PM   #714
roll_the_dice

OK so when are "done" with your truck you start doing things you wanted to do, but needed to get it running right first...so you install an original dash clock...and it works! Of course I forgot to set it after I installed it! DOH! The hardest part was drilling into the dash!

Thanks again to John for finding and sending me this gorgeous clock! I love it!
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #715
SCOTI

Do those center a/c vents just blow straight forward or can the direction be manipulated? It might be just the angle of that above pic but they look like they're fixed position.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #716
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Do those center a/c vents just blow straight forward or can the direction be manipulated? It might be just the angle of that above pic but they look like they're fixed position.
Must be the angle...they rotate 360 degrees in all directions. Here is another pic.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #717
SCOTI

Nice. It was just the angle of the image (along w/the fact they were flush w/the socket/housing @ the time).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 04-30-2021, 06:42 PM   #718
roll_the_dice

Finally installed the decal I got from Jimmy (PGSigns). Great looking decal!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2021, 09:21 AM   #719
88Stanger

awesome... lol
Old 05-01-2021, 09:47 PM   #720
roll_the_dice

We did our first car show today since the truck has been back on the road. Had a great time, met lots of new friends. Had about 170 cars/trucks there. Then this evening we took the truck to the local Chevy dealer and snapped a few photos....great day all the way around!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2021, 09:49 PM   #721
roll_the_dice

More...
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2021, 09:48 PM   #722
roll_the_dice

Bought a new wheel for my spare tire...US Wheel Series 68. I think I can drill it and tap the holes and put my rally wheel center caps on this wheel. I think it is going to look good...15x8" so an inch wider than current wheels..and I bought a 1.5" beauty ring. I need to paint it gunmetal gray also.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #723
350TacoZilla

Shoot man I thought you had 15x8 rally wheels on the truck already. I have an odd number of 15" rallies off a 80's van I thought were 15x7 and they look narrow in comparison so figured yours had to be 8". I might have to measure mine and see if they are even skinnier.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:55 PM   #724
roll_the_dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
Shoot man I thought you had 15x8 rally wheels on the truck already. I have an odd number of 15" rallies off a 80's van I thought were 15x7 and they look narrow in comparison so figured yours had to be 8". I might have to measure mine and see if they are even skinnier.
Unfortunately not...15x7...if yours are skinnier maybe they are 15x6? I really like the 15x8" I just got...I received the 1.5" trim ring today. I like how it looks on them. Makes the wheel look wider. Trying to decide what color to paint/powder coat them...gun metal gray or something else.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:53 AM   #725
SCOTI

5 & 6-lugTruck Ralley wheels were available in 7 & 8" widths. Aftermarket has even more. Van Ralley wheels were 6.5" wide.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG