The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
srvivor71

ANOTHER Horn Problem - Need Help Please

I'm redoing my interior and part of it is a new steering wheel. While I had the wheel off, I took off the turn signal mechanism and installed a new upper bearing. When I try to put it back together now, I got as far as torquing the steering wheel down when the horn started honking. From messing around with it, I know it has something to do with the spring loaded copper button on the turn signal mechanism (see first picture). If I press the copper button with my finger, nothing happens, but when I put the (brand new) turn signal cancelling cam on (see second picture), and push into place, the copper button does down and the horn starts honking. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to by a new turn signal mechanism (which is only a year old) or what?

BTW, a good little tip someone passed on to me - Instead of pissing all my neighbors off with the horn, I connected the wire to a light bulb to see when the horn was on or off. Worked great...

Last edited by srvivor71; 09-03-2011 at 07:40 PM.
srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote