The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
72-k20-burb

Defrost with restomod AC systems - cold climate

I know this topic has been covered a few times, but I wanted to narrow down on the cold climate guys who have swapped.

It seems the rub is that new AC systems (Vintage Air, etc) all use recirculated air. I don't think there is a new kit out there that pulls from the exterior.. so the question is this.

How bad is it?

This is my family road trip vehicle. 95% of our driving is road trips through hot states. But we inevitably end up in Alberta, or the Rockies somewhere and I don't want to be blind.

I had a POS sedan in high school where the defrost didn't work and the passengers job was to continually wipe the windshield on the inside. I don't want that.

For reference: I have an LS swap with new compressor so no more r12 anyway. And this is a factory air suburban, but the rear air isn't really part of the issue.

Side note.. the new electronic controllers all look like 90's plastic crap. Anyone find a controller that looks somewhat original?