The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
GreyHoundSteve

Ever feel like your the only person who isnt an idiot?

4 days ago i had a nightmare. I have been waiting on the metal and paint work on my cab for over two weeks and last Wednesday i saw the finshed product. It was beutiful, the paint was flawless and you couldnt help but say ... wow, nice work. That evening however i woke up in a cold sweat. I had an awful nightmare that when they were reinstalling the bed and frontend that they rammed them into the cab ...... that nightmare came true on Friday. As sure as you can say WTF my beutiful cab had two 3" deep scratchs in the freshly painted cab from the bolts on the front of the bed. I went and saw the carnage Saturday. My first thought was .... how does something so obvously ignorant like this happen? The response i got from the guilty party was " it was an accident". As if that is some kind of comfort.

I need some advice fellas .... is it possible to repair these scratchs without reshooting a very large section of the cab?

My body guy says that because its silver he would prefer to take the cab back off the frame, put it back in the booth, resand and reprime the entire back half of the cab and then reshoot it again. I am hesitant to let him do this because of the speed at which they have been working and the obvous ignorance that exists in close proximity to my truck and its installation.

I want my truck back! My concern is that if i do alow them the time to fix this scratchs properly that something similar will only happen again later and that the time fixing it will have been a waste. He said it is not possible to just fix this spot without it being noticable but i am at the end of my pateince on the amount of time that is being taken on certain aspects of this project.

This week i have alot of work coming in and my truck was suposed to be put back together for the meantime and then have the rest of the work completed months later when time allowed again but if i let them reshoot it then it will probably sit in a pile for the next few months and i fear that it will suffer further "accidents" in that time. What should I do?