The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Longmire85

Re: '96 Cheyenne RCSB

Nice looking rig Matt! This is how we name our rigs, and maybe it will help you name yours. We generally pick something that has to do with either where it was bought, who is bought from, or a funny part of the story when buying it. For example, we picked up a bagged 84 Custom Deluxe in Kansas - her name became the "Kansas City Slammer." Another truck of ours was bought from a guy, who made a comment to another truck guy about his artificial patina on his 52. The guy with the 52 was explaining how he did it and that he thought it looked good. The guy told him to bring it to the next show and said "Let me be the judge of that." We thought it was a kind of a douche thing to say, so when we acquired his truck, its name became "The Judge." I had a 85 Silverado I purchased from an older Hispanic guy. He introduced himself to me when we went to check out the truck. His speech was a little slurred and I thought I heard him say "Whats up man, my name is Burrito." I walked over to my brother and quietly asked, "Surely his name isn't Burrito right?" My brother corrected me said his name was "Margarito." I said "Thanks bro, because I was seriously about to walk off and call this guy Burrito, which would be weird and a tad racists lol." So, after loading it on a trailer we headed home and I was pondering names for the truck. My brother said that her name shall be "Burrito." So there you go, maybe that helps you come up with a name lol.
Longmire85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
5speed96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longmire85 View Post
Nice looking rig Matt! This is how we name our rigs, and maybe it will help you name yours. We generally pick something that has to do with either where it was bought, who is bought from, or a funny part of the story when buying it. For example, we picked up a bagged 84 Custom Deluxe in Kansas - her name became the "Kansas City Slammer." Another truck of ours was bought from a guy, who made a comment to another truck guy about his artificial patina on his 52. The guy with the 52 was explaining how he did it and that he thought it looked good. The guy told him to bring it to the next show and said "Let me be the judge of that." We thought it was a kind of a douche thing to say, so when we acquired his truck, its name became "The Judge." I had a 85 Silverado I purchased from an older Hispanic guy. He introduced himself to me when we went to check out the truck. His speech was a little slurred and I thought I heard him say "Whats up man, my name is Burrito." I walked over to my brother and quietly asked, "Surely his name isn't Burrito right?" My brother corrected me said his name was "Margarito." I said "Thanks bro, because I was seriously about to walk off and call this guy Burrito, which would be weird and a tad racists lol." So, after loading it on a trailer we headed home and I was pondering names for the truck. My brother said that her name shall be "Burrito." So there you go, maybe that helps you come up with a name lol.
Thanks man!! That's awesome! Thanks for the idea! Burrito lol
Old 01-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
5speed96

Got the rally wheels on, and gave her a bath! Now she just needs an altitude adjustment! I'm thinking a 2/4 drop, I don't feel like putting a notch in. I'm kinda lazy. Lol
Attached Images