The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2023, 07:04 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: 55.1 S10 swap Gypsum

slow slow slow progress! i did get the front end mounted and the hood lined up. its been unusually cold in the 4seasongarage™.

around christmas i bought a compressor, my old coleman powermate has been getting louder and really I have been asking a bunch of it with the almost non stop sun up to sun down plasma cutting I have been doing. it was an IR T30, and the guy said it was a 3ph motor wired 230 single phase and it had a black white red cord on it, the guillotine switch was missing. some 3ph motors can be wired this way, so i bought it.

unfortunately he was mistaken, the motor was a 3ph and couldnt be wired single phase, the single phase colored wires were a red herring, someone had just use whatever they had on hand. it was also missing the contactors and perssure/unloader setup. a $300 t30 is a good deal when it doesnt need a $550 motor and $200 in ancillary parts.

but TODAY. I found a gal listing just stuff after stuff on FBMP and saw a 10 minute old ad for a 17 gal compressor with a motor that fit the bill exactly, 5hp (I needed 3-4), 1785 rpm (needed 1750) 230v single phase. and it had contactor and all the missing parts I needed. kudos to the gal for posting the motor deets on the ad! $100!!!

nothing could prepare me for the size of that motor though!

I had to improvise getting it out, when I loaded the guy was helpful but at my house my wife and daughter were home so i just did it by myself.

of course it works great, so now i am thinking of just connecting it to my 80 gal tank and using it as a 97 gal setup. my wife will love it because when i forget the switch at night the coleman sounds like a helicopter landing in the basement.

more to come I promise!
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote